• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Smash Bros Discussion Thread

10603365_932791766736658_1891919394279272745_n.jpg

:PUN::PUN::PUN::PUN::PUN::PUN::PUN::PUN::PUN::PUN::PUN::PUN::PUN::PUN::PUN::PUN::PUN::PUN::PUN::PUN::PUN::PUN::PUN::PUN::PUN::PUN::PUN::PUN::PUN::PUN::PUN::PUN::PUN::PUN::PUN::PUN::PUN::PUN::PUN::PUN::PUN::PUN::PUN::PUN::PUN:

AND YOUR REWARD IS *drumroll*
MUSIC.
Yeah, the site updated with some music.
Multi-Man Smash, Pokemon X and Y Trainer Battle and a Spirit Tracks song.

ACE (TOMOri Kudo / CHiCO) Xenoblade Chronicles

Nobuko Toda (FILM SCORE LLC) Metal Gear Solid 4

Hype!

zlCfzSWPHNcCUKFZnv

"Pic of the day. The 3DS version has an excellent Sounds collection! The design looks nice for a sound test screen, doesn't it? The font color for the "Remix" text on remixed songs comes in pink or white. The pink ones are songs arranged for this version of Super Smash Bros., while the white ones are remixes made in earlier Smash Bros. games. This means there are reoccuring songs from past releases."

zlCfzSWPIh4RY95EG4

"Choose your songs and play with features on the bottom screen. You can listen to character voices, too. One of the new highlights for this feature is the "Play in Sleep Mode" option in the upper right. If you turn this on, you can listen to the tracks with your headphones even when your Nintendo 3DS is closed. The L and R Buttons will let you skip tracks. This means you can use it as a portable music player. Enjoy listening to the tracks you love by putting all songs in loop, shuffle, or selecting your favorite tracks!!"

To be entirely fair,
Tetsuya Shibata (Unique Note Co., Ltd.)Devil May Cry 2, 3, 4
Merc Storia
Masafumi Takada (Sound Prestige LLC)Danganronpa series
Earth Defense Force series

One of the new highlights for this feature is the "Play in Sleep Mode" option in the upper right. If you turn this on, you can listen to the tracks with your headphones even when your Nintendo 3DS is closed. The L and R Buttons will let you skip tracks. This means you can use it as a portable music player. Enjoy listening to the tracks you love by putting all songs in loop, shuffle, or selecting your favorite tracks!!

MEGATON. And finally, the pic is up. 2 hours later Sakurai ffs.

tumblr_napb6bjLeq1qjfcy0o1_500.png

One Piece...? What?

I was a little surprised when something from Hamtaro got into Brawl but this is pretty weird, unless it's just stating their previous works.

So.

You fellas know what came out five days from now, 20 years ago?

So.

You fellas know what came out five days from now, 20 years ago?

Hype as fuck!

"In Smash Run, the background music plays randomly from the songs you select from the track list. This means you can customize your own song lineup!! Usually each stage has two tracks-which makes for a lot of songs on its own-but as a bonus, we've added more songs for you to enjoy in Smash Run and in the Sounds area."

"By the way, here's another music announcement!! You can now listen to some of the tracks on the official website. We're planning to add more tracks a little at a time, so stay tuned. (www.smashbros.com)"

This is listed as a track. DCKR stage confirmed?

That or it's going to play on Jungle Japes, which I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case.

That or it's going to play on Jungle Japes, which I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case.
I would venture a guess as to say you're correct in that assumption.

One Piece...? What?

I was a little surprised when something from Hamtaro got into Brawl but this is pretty weird, unless it's just stating their previous works.

That's just his previous works. There isn't going to be One Piece music in Smash (as awesome as that would be)

I don't think so. Jungle Japes already has it's two Melee songs, so why would they put a new one on that? Only one stage did that in Brawl, and that was the Temple because the Fire Emblem theme was moved to the Fire Emblem stage.

"Choose your songs and play with features on the bottom screen. You can listen to character voices, too. One of the new highlights for this feature is the "Play in Sleep Mode" option in the upper right. If you turn this on, you can listen to the tracks with your headphones even when your Nintendo 3DS is closed. The L and R Buttons will let you skip tracks. This means you can use it as a portable music player. Enjoy listening to the tracks you love by putting all songs in loop, shuffle, or selecting your favorite tracks!!"
This is something I've been wanting since TWEWY. This feature, while not actively important to the game, is something that will get a shitton of usage from me.

And naturally, some people are reading too deep into the composers.
They think the fact we have a Xenoblade composer is hard evidence we have Shulk.

Though that bit about the MGS 4 Composer is interesting

he have composers that were never even involved in nintendo games
I guess since Masashi Hamauzu is on there we can expect Lightning or someone from SaGa on there

One Piece...? What?

there was Hamtaro music in brawl?

And mind you this is JUST for the 3DS version and JUST for remixes.

Can you imagine the full versions and how much the Wii U would have?

Good lord I'm moist

You guts stayed up until 6 in the goddamn morning for music?
...Cool I guess
I tried to but then my eyes started to roll out of my head.

HOLY SHIT THAT SWORD THOUGH
You can choose how your sword looks!? That's radical!!!

We've known about this for a while, and no. The sword just matches the body clothing you choose.

Just like the cowboy outfit gets a revolver and the suit gets a pistol for gunner.

I already have three of my OCs ready, and all their roles decided.
Though sadly since there's no mage/wizard class, my magic knight character who uses a staff will have to settle for being a sword fighter

Super Smash OCs is gonna be so goddamn fun.

umm excuse me if youre making your own characters your not playing the game right
the developers balanced and decided on the characters for you because they are EXPERTS and you go and screw it all up
a real nintendo fan would only use characters from nintendo not even the guests or second party characters but only first party

the joke is soul calibur players

Now now, let's not go around making strawman arguments.

I do wonder if there will be a way to use them in tournaments though. Soul Calibur usually banned them.

Now now, let's not go around making strawman arguments.

I do wonder if there will be a way to use them in tournaments though. Soul Calibur usually banned them.

There's default Mii characters on every Wii U, so I can see them having their "basic" moveset or even just using all their "Special 1's".

Really there's no reason there shouldn't be. They won't be customized, mind you, but them as characters shouldn't be.