• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Smash Bros Discussion Thread

I mean I commend them for spreading the good word of Skullgirls but good god is it that hard to make a 3D model that doesn't look like a terrible Miku Miku Dance reskin?

I mean I commend them for spreading the good word of Skullgirls but good god is it that hard to make a 3D model that doesn't look like a terrible Miku Miku Dance reskin?
I'm still kinda salty that the guy who made thouse excellent Parasoul and Fillia 3d Models didn't give us them...

zlCfzSXJXDIG2jgY4d

"Pic of the day. In Classic mode, you challenge multiple stages en route to a climactic final battle. The more gold you put onto the Fiend's Scale, the harder the battles will be. In return, your rewards will get better and more abundant. The best way to earn gold fast is to win Classic battles on higher intensity."

zlCfzSXJXX8cpkyClW

"In Classic mode, you can choose your next challenge on the route map. Looks like Master Hand is waiting at the end, but perhaps something might change if you raise the intensity…?!"

Looks like Crazy Hand's back for Classic runs with higher money on the intensity scale. Or, maybe a different kind of boss...?

Reactions: Hemijack
zlCfzSXJXX8cpkyClW

Hey, actually, here's something interesting; The Fork in Kirby's road show rounds for Pac-Man in green, Mario in red and...something we don't have. What on earth series is that crest on the blue road for?

I'm pretty sure that's a trophy or a mini-game of some sort. It looks like a smash logo flipped upside-down, at least to me, and it has something floating above it, unlike the other two. Looks like a large Kremling (Maybe Klubba?).

That's actually a Kremling trophy, and the smash logo is the trophy's stand. I mean the crest under that.

That's actually a Kremling trophy, and the smash logo is the trophy's stand. I mean the crest under that.
Aye, the blue crest with the white symbol. My immediate reaction, blue and spikey means sonic! but it doesn't look like a sonic ball at all.

Well, THAT sounded a little mean. :P
It doesn't seem like it matches Mega Man's crest completely, but i'll take your word for it, I guess.

Speaking of Mega Man, what we missed from today is two new songs being posted to the main site: the Mega Man 2 medley from Wily's Castle and the Bath Time theme from the Living Room.

Man these are some good remixes. Holy.

I love how they call it a "medley" but the preview only has the stage intro and title screen and a few seconds of Wily 2. I'll wait vehemently for the full version.

Nintendogs I didn't even have high hopes for but that's a great song!

Swear to Christ, if after all this time Ganon didn't get a moveset overhaul I am gonna
um,
be upset I guess.
And it's not even manendorf either.

Oh yeah, and the leak is totes real yo, we must face the inevitable of playable Duck Hunt and no Chorus Kids.

Reactions: Cawtime and Rellek
The fact that Shulk has a Dolphin Slash and what looks like a counter is also really disappointing as well.

Can I just say i'm SO GLAD that Bowser Jr.'s moveset isn't either "downsized Bowser clone" or "just give him the paintbrush. No one remembers he was in more games than just Sunshine, right?" Because i'm SO GLAD that his moveset isn't either "downsized Bowser clone" or "just give him the paintbrush. No one remembers he was in more games than just Sunshine, right?"

Anyway, the only thing I can say right now beyond "I AM SO READY FOR DUCK HUNT ANIMALS" is that i'm disappointed that whoever is playing those fights let the CPU be Bowser Jr. and Shulk instead of playing them themselves.

Reactions: Cawtime and DDB
I fucking told you all that Ice Climbers were going to be cut because of Rosalina and Luma. BUT NOOOO, YOU DIDN'T BELIEVE ME.

"PSHH, IF THAT WERE THE CASE, MIGHT AS WELL CUT GANONDORF TOO BECAUSE HE'S TOO MUCH LIKE FALCON, CUT FALCO TOO, HE'S TOO MUCH LIKE FOX."

Reactions: Cawtime
I fucking told you all that Ice Climbers were going to be cut because of Rosalina and Luma. BUT NOOOO, YOU DIDN'T BELIEVE ME.

"PSHH, IF THAT WERE THE CASE, MIGHT AS WELL CUT GANONDORF TOO BECAUSE HE'S TOO MUCH LIKE FALCON, CUT FALCO TOO, HE'S TOO MUCH LIKE FOX."
According to Reddit, the leaker said they were unlockable and that they weren't present a t the leaked screen...

Still don't believe.

Remember though, we have the Ice Climbers Bear and Sneaky Spirit in Smash Run. The whole DLC thing could've been a ruse and they could be in the base game, just not unlocked. I don't think the leak shows the full roster.

I knew it. I told you this reeked of the same shit that was pulled for the past two games. Although to be honest, I'm more upset over the sheer amount of recycled stages more than the roster. (Not that 7 Mario characters is a good thing)

The fact that Shulk has a Dolphin Slash and what looks like a counter is also really disappointing as well.

How can you tell? I can barely make out his moveset, it's so damn blurry. (I swear if he's a Marth clone, I'm going to be incredibly pissed. It's already stupid that Sakurai made his Monado function like a Gen-style stance change)

EDIT: I will admit I do like Bowser Jr.'s moveset but that still doesn't justify putting him in. Sakurai could've easily done something similar w/ Jill from Drill Dozer. (I don't care if the game didn't sell or whatever, she makes more sense than fucking Bowser Jr.)

All I wanted was Bayonetta.

I share your pain
I also wanted Smash to be Wonderful

But I didn't get that either
Dammit Nintendo
Let Smash get touched by Platinum just a lil bit

Reactions: Cawtime and DDB
Bayonetta literally had as much chance as Master Chief getting in

*soulful piano solo in the distance*

Thanks Samurai, another sword character. Oh well, at least I got good ol' Dedede and his hammer.

Bayonetta has about as much of a chance as Crash Bandicoot getting in.