• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Smash Bros Discussion Thread

Do it. He won't get any, too.

It's phi.
Tanner's mom is literally an armless sword-bot.

Oh, I know what it means, golden ratio and all (Aww yeah, I passed basic Algebra, what now).
I'm just not sure how to type the symbol on the keyboard.

Just hold Alt, then press 1, 0, 0, 0. Press them quick enough and the symbol will show.

It's phi.
Tanner's mom is literally an armless sword-bot.
you come here into my house and insult my beautiful husband-sword-wife
you dare

Recently I got to try Smash for 3DS at a friend's house and had a blast! I really enjoy how it is much faster than Brawl. I don't have a 3DS however, but I am certainly getting it for the Wii U once it releases there. So far, I feel that I am going to main Shulk and Bowser Jr./Koopalings, but most of the other characters feel great too, so I can't wait to dive deeper into all of them.

Am I the only one who thinks it's exactly the same speed as Brawl. Like I've been wanting to put Brawl in and play the two side-by-side at the same time, but if I have to do that just to feel any difference, ehhhh.

Am I the only one who thinks it's exactly the same speed as Brawl. Like I've been wanting to put Brawl in and play the two side-by-side at the same time, but if I have to do that just to feel any difference, ehhhh.

The air-game is like Brawl's, but the ground speed is very noticeably faster.
I've heard it described as Melee ground game, Brawl air game, which is not entirely accurate, but it's close enough for right now.

That's like, the fifth time I've been linked that today.
bullshit.jpg

I literally made that image 5 mins before that post unless if some one else made a similar image which is highly likely as it is an unorginal consept

Also, how are you guys doing in For Glory?
Showing the world what the new Ganon can do!
66.66%

View attachment 6543
I literally made that image 5 mins before that post unless if some one else made a similar image which is highly likely as it is an unorginal consept

I realized, like, minutes after that sent that I am actually blind and was linked a very different image than that one, so sorry for that.

So far that was just my experience from playing it one time so far, so perhaps it might be quick for me to assume that it is absolutely faster than Brawl. At the very least I would say it feels really good to play so far.

I was not too used to the 3DS controls though as I never used a 3DS before, let alone for a Smash game. They worked well enough from what I recall, though it is certainly great how those who like the Gamecube controllers for Smash will be able to use those if they get the adapter for the Wii U. All my old ones now have odd issues with them, so I'll be getting a new one to use.

I realized, like, minutes after that sent that I am actually blind and was linked a very different image than that one, so sorry for that.
golduck.gif

NO Probs

I wouldn't say it has Brawl's air game because being on the ground against someone in the air is a really strong position in sm4sh.

Ground speed is super fast but you have nowhere near the amount of options for movement as melee and defensive maneuvers from the ground are super super safe.

It's really it's own beast entirely, reminds me more of a SF4 like smash game really haha. Except that it's fun to play.

I wouldn't say it has Brawl's air game because being on the ground against someone in the air is a really strong position in sm4sh.

Ground speed is super fast but you have nowhere near the amount of options for movement as melee and defensive maneuvers from the ground are super super safe.

It's really it's own beast entirely, reminds me more of a SF4 like smash game really haha. Except that it's fun to play.

Like I said, not entirely accurate, maybe not even kinda accurate depending on how you look at the details, but for right here, right now, it's good enough to give the general idea to people.

So, hey, Mama needs some Palutena tips. I really suck as her and I wanna not suck as her.

Play a different character.

Maybe another Kid Icarus character.

I only see Palutena on the roster, Better Tanner.
My game only has Peach, Jiggs, Ness and Palutena in it. Everyone else got deleted from not being important.

So, hey, Mama needs some Palutena tips. I really suck as her and I wanna not suck as her.

Generally speaking, what you want to do as Palutena is bait and punish, and when you do, punish HARD.
Walk up, walk away, if they do something, forward smash.
Stay still, they approach, counter.
Zone projectiles, well, I think you can probably guess.
If you catch them shielding, down-throw or up-throw into up-smash.
Just don't go around smashing everywhere though, she has to pay for those disjoints somehow, and that somehow is lag.
She is a very passive fighter; you stay still, you punish, and you don't do a lot of approaching.
A few things to keep in mind: dash attack eats projectiles, Counter has a lot of start-up, but the highest multiplier of all counter moves, Reflect isn't instant, and Autoreticle sucks hard.
Just be smart with your punishes and you should be fine.

Reactions: Rellek
Palutena sounds like she would make a great SF4 character.

Considering USF4's best character is Yun, a Marvel character that snuck in through the back, maybe rethink that statement a little bit.

Pic of the day.

Now here's a challenge… Find Stalfos!! (Difficulty Level 3) This is a close-up of a specific area in the Trophy Hoard, but the search will be more challenging if you zoom out.

You can change the alignment of these trophies by holding down a direction on the +Control Pad while you're entering Trophy Hoard.

zlCfzSi0-_QqRB1Cpl

Above Gogoat, under Palkia near the top right corner.

So, I fought a Sonic player today...

I don't think he was prepared. I threw him into the deep end, he drowned in salt, and I kinda feel like an asshole.

so today i fought the first person who does what i like to call "copy salt".
basically after they lose a couple matches they try to switch to the character you use to try and beat you. it was pretty funny.

You have no idea how fun it is to show people how bad they are as Ganondorf. I think their thought process is along the lines of, "Oh wow, look at this scrub, doesn't even know how to play, just spamming side-b, no thought. Let me show him how easy it is."
I have never lost a Ganon Ditto.
There is a variation of this for both Dark Pit players, and that's when people get super salty when fighting him, and switch to Baby Pit to prove to themselves that he is naught but a wasted slot. I will describe how this goes with a quote from the Edgy King himself:
"Where's your goddess now?"

I've run into a lot of people who switch to characters who can reflect projectiles after two or so matches. Specifically Fox and Palutena. I just start being more random with my projectiles, like doing Arcthunder when we're kissing-distance away.

That sounds like the most half assed counter-pick in the entire universe.
I really wonder how they come up with these ideas.

I just start being more random with my projectiles, like doing Arcthunder when we're kissing-distance away.

That's a weird way to describe neutral.

why is my son talking about kissing at this age
they really do grow up so fast

My win ratio online in For Glory is 55.17%. Also, if you guys like the Metroid series, check this out: http://metroid2remake.blogspot.com/p/am2r-demo-133.html

I've been meaning to check that out, thanks for reminding me.

Now I'm just imagining this comic with Robin and Fox.
And like,
an Arcthunder instead of a neck snap.

I can't stop laughing why would you do thishelp

In less chokey news, I just did the exact same thing I did to the Sonic player to a Little Mac.
How do people even fall for that? It's two words people: Roll. Forward.
We gotta hard-read that shit if you forward roll (Back roll can be grabbed on reaction, and shield option selects two of their three [Technically four] options out of choke).
It's not rocket science.

I went in to For Glory and got stuck with incompetent team mates, one of them gave up and stopped attacking and moving, the only time they would move was to use their recovery. It was painful.

I lost a shit ton because of people decided not to play today.
Oh well, there's always next time.