• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Smash Bros Discussion Thread

Well like the main reason I'm surprised is that Mario is such a like, protected IP. You wouldn't expect them to put another franchises song on the stage but it works SO WELL. Now that we know there'll be cross-franchise songs on stages, all we need is Punch Punch March and King Dedede's theme on the Punch Out Arena.

Then I'll be happy.
Luigi's mansion played the tetris themes and mario bros played gyromite, a medley of a bunch of different NES songs and a song from that game takamaru came from that no one's actually played. I don't think this is that big of a deal.

Yeah but that was Brawl. We've had no confirmation of that in Smash 4 yet.

This makes me stupidly happy. The W101 song is awesome and even sorta sounds Mario Galaxy like.

Yeah but that was Brawl. We've had no confirmation of that in Smash 4 yet.

This makes me stupidly happy. The W101 song is awesome and even sorta sounds Mario Galaxy like.

Actually we did. If you go back and watch the My Music part of the newest direct, you can see Dillon's Rolling Western's theme (The version from Last Ranger to be precise) is one of the options for the Pilotwings stage. (I'm glad at least that's in the game but I fail to see what sense it makes putting it in Pilotwings)

What I don't get is the W101 music. I'm pretty sure Platinum owns that and not Nintendo, regardless of who published it.

Last edited:
Actually we did. If you go back and watch the My Music part of the newest direct, you can see Dillon's Rolling Western's theme (The version from Last Ranger to be precise) is one of the options for the Pilotwings stage. (I'm glad at least that's in the game but I fail to see what sense it makes putting it in Pilotwings)

Woah, yeah you're right. That's... an interesting song choice. It doesn't not fit, but it's not one you'd (or I'd) really think of.

Huh. I hope we get some more weird ones for every stage.

But what about one better than Tables Turn?
Can I just take a moment to say how amazing this remix is

this will be the theme they use when wonder b-ball is revealed as the next DLC character

okay so like
what if

Wonder Red as DLC
with Blue, Green, Yellow, Pink, Black, and White as his alternates

who would be his 8th alternate, you ask?

Wonder Director
voiced by the man himself

nah, wonder bayonetta

it's the only way she'd get in :PUN:

Before we go crazy with music ideas, let's remember that these are misc. series getting songs on other stages because there is no stage of it's own without DLC (which Miiverse proves there will be stage DLC, now we just wait for if there will be more. <Speaking of, I can't find a single other person who noticed DLC was confirmed the moment Miiverse was revealed rather than not noticing it and only saying anything about "DLC confirmed" until Mewtwo got revealed., but I digress.>) That's not the same as putting Kirby music on a Punch Out stage even though Kirby already has it's own stages.

That said, when's these songs for Pilotwings and Gamer, respectively (unless DLC stages, in which case thank you) =P

Well, Miiverse I regarded as less a "DLC" and more "locked on disk content until ready". I bet you it's IN the game already, just locked.

Mewtwo, on the other hand, is different. He's no where to be sen in the game, aside from trophies.

Heh, just realized that Miiverse is technically our first cross-series stage. Anyway, I hope they can fix it up where the miiverse drawings that show up are specifically for the fighters in the current match.

Heh, just realized that Miiverse is technically our first cross-series stage. Anyway, I hope they can fix it up where the miiverse drawings that show up are specifically for the fighters in the current match.

I think that was the idea behind the stage actually.
Be no point to just having random comments floating around when there's only a 1-8/50 chance of that character actually appearing.

Swimming is most certainly back in the WiiU version

But... that's exactly what it was in the trailer.

The colored frames corresponded to the player color

640px-Miiverse_stage_2.jpg

Kirby is Player 3, hence the yellow border. Mega Man is Player 4, hence the green. Greninja is Player 2, with the blue one reading NINJA POWER.

but guys

what if Tables Turn is in

This needs to happen. Samurai pls.

What I don't get is the W101 music. I'm pretty sure Platinum owns that and not Nintendo, regardless of who published it.

Actually, Nintendo does own the Wonderful 101 IP, so technically, there is no limit on the amount of W101 stuff we could see in Smash. However, due to shitty sales we'll likely see very little and then never see another W101 game again.

On the contrary, they do not own anything Bayonetta-related aside from the publishing and advertising rights for Bayonetta 2 (and other minor legal stuff). So don't expect any Bayonetta stuff in smash because that's still 3rd party.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a trophy or something at least, though. They got Rayman.

well i mean
there is one
a wonder red trophy

but he could be playable
we just need to believe in ourselves

Reactions: Clawsome Bombs
Have you tried standing outside of Sakurai's house holding up a boombox blasting Tables Turn?

Reactions: Clawsome Bombs
Have you tried standing outside of Sakurai's house holding up a boombox blasting Tables Turn?

Trick question, cause Sakurai doesn't have a house. He lives in the office and sleeps on the floor like a cat. He also sleep-develops. He literally develops games in his sleep.

Reactions: Lavama
Well, that would explain how he came up with Magicant for the EarthBound stage.

Sakurai confirmed for Giygas

Trick question, cause Sakurai doesn't have a house. He lives in the office and sleeps on the floor like a cat. He also sleep-develops. He literally develops games in his sleep.

Sakurai wakes up one morning to see a video loaded on his computer.
He starts the video, as it plays his bewilderment increasing.
Who is this Shulk character and what is he feeling? Sakurai doesn't know the answer to any of these questions, but booting up his dev copy of Smash confirms that he did indeed create the entire character from scratch in one night.
He thinks to himself, perhaps he should eventually check out that Xenoblade game.
And then he goes back to playing Uprising.

So remember when I said this Xenoblade song should be in the game? Well I just listened to the direct again and confirmed that IT IS! Feels good. Now let's hope it also has a section in the Xenoblade Medley.

1.0.3 update is out on 3DS now.

Bug fixes, and it also disables the chart for conquest mode currently - before you could just look up who was winning and join their side, now you have to just pick. Which is cool - it'll be more fun to see who REALLY gets picked more.

edit: patch notes incoming it seems

- "Mii Fighters" info box now says "Create a unique fighter based on a Mii character!" rather than "... on an a Mii character!"

- A glitch in the For Glory records where your play time would be listed as [total hours]:[total minutes] instead of [total hours]:[total minutes % 60] was fixed. Previously, a play time of 2:30 would have displayed as 2:150 before the update.

- Unconfirmed: There have been reports of Falco getting a faster dash. His Dair has also been said to be buffed significantly.

- Unconfirmed: Palutena has also said to be a faster character overall.

- Unconfirmed: Olimar's Pikmin have been said to possess AI that's more stable in Ver. 1.0.3.

Last edited:
Also Samus' Charge Shot is 2% stronger fully charged.

Nintendo should hire Mike Z to write their patch notes. I don't like this. I don't like not knowing what's in the patch. I feel naked and afraid.

What if Sonic was nerfed? What if they made the Bowser Bomb worse? WHAT IF THEY NERFED DEDEDE'S CROUCH?

From 4Chan. Take with a grain of salt.

Yoshi no longer has armor on his aerials

Wario's weird vectoring is still present

Mega Buster (FSmash) now travels farther (Almost half the stage)

"The Conquest Chart will no longer be displayed when Conquest Mode is active."

ZSS Apparently nerfed, DSpecial and UpSpecial don't KO at 90%

Ness' DAir Meteors are easier to hit

Falcon DThrow easier to connect, knee also easier to connect

Possible upgrade in internet servers

Yoshi Ledge glitch unfixed

Ganon DTilt has a different trajectory. (From straight up to up and away)

They fixed ALL of Meta Knights hitbox problems

Sheik has little to no landing lag on her FAir

Shulk's FAir got a range increase, shorter landing lag

Robin's Arcfire lasts longer (probably a frame or two, never used her much)

DK's smashes come out faster (small amount)

Marth's ranges are slightly longer

Reactions: BeatNinja
Olimar could have been made fantastic and I wouldn't even know.