• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Smash Bros Discussion Thread

tumblr_nfly91Sng71tfyuj4o2_500.png

Sakurai...

Why the fuck would you waste a year on a STAGE?

Reactions: Clawsome Bombs
gotta make that shit shiny, yo
also it was probably only like
three dudes working on it for the whole year, probably

Reactions: Clawsome Bombs
Yes but

That's a year that could've gone to something more important

Like the Ice Climbers.

Reactions: Smilax and Φ
i don't think that the stage building team really has much business making characters
but whatever root beer floats your banana boat, friend

Reactions: Jake Was Here
When Sakurai says it took a year to complete a stage I think what he actually means is "from the time we started designing the stage to the time the stage was completely finished was about a year".
Not that cumulatively the stage took a year.

After a few days of practice on some stages, I have a few things to report/predict for the banlist:

-Pilotwings: The rock outcropping gives ample warning time; Pilotwings will make CP.
-Kalos Pokemon League: Dead, but I was the only one who thought it had a chance anyway, so meh.
-Kongo Jungle 64: It may be even easier to camp on it now. Dead.
-Big Battlefield: Can confirm that my ramblings on BB circle camping was just Roy PTSD; I'd say neutral, but maybe CP depending on how the people who matter think about it.
-Jungle Hi-jinx: As if any sane, rational being thought it would be anything but #BANNED, well, it's #BANNED. Even with cooldown, it's hilariously easy to camp on it.
-Duck Hunt: Probably gonna be CP, but I could see it swinging in any direction, maybe even on a per-event basis.
-Delfino Plaza: No infinite chain-grabs, so we're back in business! Brawl glory days, here we come!
-Halbred: CP again.
-Castle Seige: Mostly depends on your TO. I see it being mostly neutral, though.
-Any Stupid-Ass Boss Stage: Only in Washington. Shine on you crazy diamonds.
-Windy Hill Zone: Maybe in 4v4, but way too big for 1v1 or 2v2.

Just beat Master Fortress for the first time as Jigglypuff, literally at 100% when I finished. Unfortunately I got lowered down to 8.5 cause I accidentally shield-broke early on in the first fight. :(

Now to think of what other 2 characters can survive 9.0 Classic and are actually able to fight Master Core efficiently.

Now to think of what other 2 characters can survive 9.0 Classic and are actually able to fight Master Core efficiently.

Ganondorf twice.

In a surprising turn of events, my sister got me the Wii U version. BUT I'm gonna have to play with the FRACKING gamepad.

GCN adapters are super rare right now, which blows.

In a surprising turn of events, my sister got me the Wii U version. BUT I'm gonna have to play with the FRACKING gamepad.

GCN adapters are super rare right now, which blows.
I know right? Gamestop fucked up my preorder on the adapter by giving it to someone else and now I'm without one.

I'm hoping they aren't actually 115 bucks like amazon says or else Ima be a little upset...

I'll be right here.

With my GC Adapter. That I got on the 21st. For $20.

I'll be right here.

With my GC Adapter. That I got on the 21st. For $20.
I will hurt you DDB... I respect you and your taste in magical skullgirl-killing females but so help me God...

I've been using the Wiimote+Nunchuk for always.
So, uh, good luck with your money spending.

I feel like I'm one of few people who easily adapts to new controllers and has no issue ignoring muscle reflexes after a few games. It's probably because I play so many different fighting/action games that I'm just used to changing control schemes....

Luigi go away

You are not Ice Climbers

he's happy to be there
unlike that other guy
who was just lucky to be there

Don't think I didn't Roy back there.
EDIT: I got ninja'd.

Every time someone complains about not getting the GC adapter

I laugh

and tell them they shoulda preordered it

now who is the one who is the fooL???
What I don't understand is how everyone was so surprised about it.
Amazon sold out of the bundles in like a week. How do you not anticipate them being under stocked?

I laugh

Burn in hell you goddamn Canadian. I AM THE FAVORITE CHILD ANYWAY.

That feeling when you're on a losing streak in For Glory 1v1 and suddenly turn into a winning streak.

With a new main, no less

4v4 hype over here, this stuff is ridiculously fun to watch. There's so much stuff going on the screen at once, you can't even take it all in.

zlCfzSsKG7YJjONfHW

"Pic of the day. In the Gamer stage, the stage set-up will change at random. Here's Mom appearing from an easel. You'd better stay on your toes."

zlCfzSsKHCkI4Uu1eV

"Mom even appears out of the TV. Sometimes she jumps out of it and walks around. It gets a little crazy. The guy in the far window is Grandpa, who acts as Mom's decoy. His wig is swaying."

-------------------------------------

zlCfzSsXkvc0ieEasY

"Pic of the day. Here's a basic size of the map for Smash Tour. The card suits and star marks are check points. You'll get a full-round bonus if you pass them all, and you'll get a strength bonus if you stop on any of them."

Surprise surprise, POTD is starting to get a bit boring now that the game is out.
I never would have guessed.

Amiibos really shouldn't get those secret stat boosts.

They should be able to get by on their reactionary AI alone.

It really cheapens the experience and kills the hype a little when you learn that the just get artificially increased numbers for no real reason.
What really sucks, though, is that it doesn't feel necessary. The amiibos could have gotten away completely fine without the stats, their AI is good enough for it, but it's just lame with those random boosts.

It really cheapens the experience and kills the hype a little when you learn that the just get artificially increased numbers for no real reason.
What really sucks, though, is that it doesn't feel necessary. The amiibos could have gotten away completely fine without the stats, their AI is good enough for it, but it's just lame with those random boosts.
I've seen someone lose to their level 50 amiibo who had learned to punish his random down b's as doctor mario every time, and he kept calling bullshit because of the stat increases. It's kind of nuts, there needs to be some way to turn it off. The amiibos are genuinely pretty good, especially as learning mechanisms because they help show you patterns in your gameplay, but the stat boosts just get in the way.

When I play against my Amiibo, I turn on customs just to even the odds against them stat-wise.

I laugh

But I DID preorder it.

What the hell!