• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Smash Bros Discussion Thread

This guy talks like a future serial killer of some sort.

It's a good thing he'll never make it out of his house.

This guy talks like a future serial killer of some sort.

It's a good thing he'll never make it out of his house.

51327777.jpg

Blog's a friend of a friend I follow, he's got a rad theme.

Seriously though, I never really thought about Scalpers and how shit they are until I read that article.

I didn't understand why some stores only limit consoles to 5 per customer, and now I know.
It's to prevent this kind of high rolling bullshit.

Shiggy should become Scalp-Man. Defender of justice. Punisher of scalpers...

In other news, my Pro Controller finally came today. so i ply /w da pros now rite papa

Reactions: Jutsei
Shiggy should become Scalp-Man. Defender of justice. Punisher of scalpers...

In other news, my Pro Controller finally came today. so i ply /w da pros now rite papa
I'm sure papa Ruin is proud of you.

Soo I played team smash on Glory mode with a bunch of strangers. And one guy always took Charizard and ALWAYS used Flare Blitz on us/the other team!
Soo then after some matches, I decided to also play Charizard and also play "dumb"! We both got into the same team and. It was soo beautiful. Soo many new players who came in and then vanished after one match. And it was probably my first time to have a character with over 300% (not counting sudden death) and didn't die during the whole game!

Weirdly, everyone champions Little Mac as great at holding ground, but when I play as him I can't do a darn thing. Oh well, that's gameplay for you I guess. On the other hand, Robin is awesome.

Reactions: BeatNinja
Many Mac players I met, like me for a while. Usually stay in the middle of the stage and let the opponents come to us! And yes, it gets boring with that tactic. But it was more safe!

Anyone wanna take a gander how many Amiibos have suffered at the hands of whathisname?

Many Mac players I met, like me for a while. Usually stay in the middle of the stage and let the opponents come to us! And yes, it gets boring with that tactic. But it was more safe!

Well, I suppose that's the choice anyone taking fighting games even mildly seriously has to make - do you prefer a strategy that's more fun and varied but less guaranteed to win, or do you want one that wins more but isn't as varied and may get boring?
Personally I go with 'fun' and accept the loss ratio, but I'm not everyone.

So after playing a couple dozen 1v1 matches with Palutena, I've come up with a top 5 favorite characters of my own.

1. Robin
2. Ganondorf
3. Palutena
4. Bowser
5. Bowser Jr.

this is just general and not in any particular order but

ROB
Pac-Man
Duck Hunt
Roy
Shulk
Ganondorf

are my general go-to characters
almost exclusively ganondorf when customs are on

Whoop! Finally got my GC Adapter and am kicking a significant amount of ass now. It really was the controller making the game feel horrible. Anyways, top 5!

1. Bowser
2. Mario
3. Bowser Jr.
4. Dr. Mario
5. Charizard

A lot of Mario but that Charizard is something special. I feel massive potential with Zard.

Reactions: BeatNinja
Jigglypuff
Ness
Peach
Lucas
Ice Climbers

In that order.

Yoshi (yeah, I didn't see this coming)
Greninja
Rosalina

Anyone else is just for the heck of it.

Edit: Almost forgot: Mii Fighter above Rosalina.

Last edited:
My main list has surprisingly shrunk a bit.

Mainly I just use Little Mac, Olimar, or Villager, and only very occasionally do I branch out and use Peach and Robin.

Reactions: Rellek
Kirby
Yoshi
King Dedede
Mii (yes, really)
ROB
Robin

Super random question:
Does anyone know the terminology used in Brawlbox for marth?
(like "landingAirB" or "SpecialAirNStart")
I'm trying to make my own custom smash character that was basically going to be a Fukua counterpart to Marth named "Farce" and I can't get the hang of changing his smash attacks :P

Jigglypuff
Shulk
Game & Watch
Toon Link

Not that good with, but fun to play

Robin
Little Mac
Ness
Villager
Captain Falcon
Megaman

Jigglypuff
Shulk
Game & Watch
Toon Link

Not that good with, but fun to play

Robin
Little Mac
Ness
Villager
Captain Falcon
Megaman
Someone sees the light.

So there's going to be a direct on the 14th I believe.

Think they're going to show off some Mewtwo?

There has been some rumors Lucas might return to. Makes some sense becous he was in previous games and Ness is once again, alone on that francise!

Didn't they say Mewtwo was gonna be the only DLC character?

considering that sakurai goes back on his word every other week i wouldn't be surprised to see either outcome

Yes but you must remember that Sakurai's mindset often seems to be "Do opposite of what everybody wants".

Is that why Little Mac is in the game

I guess we were the only 2 peeps asking "when's little mac", Ruin

No Mewtwo info, which is honestly pretty surprising since he's due for the spring. Maybe he'll get delayed into the summer?

I fuckin' pissed myself at the wave 4 amiibos and the new FE game though. Solid Direct.

new fire emblem takes place in a japanese setting so now I can have a true and pure japanese flower as my waifu and not anything based on the smelly westerners
thank you Intelligent Systems
(i'm more excited for FE characters in Code Name S.T.E.A.M.)

I'll get Codename S.T.E.A.M. when Jay Gatsby is announced as a character, until then it looks cool, the FE characters are neat, but it's just not for me.

I am still fuming with anger at how they shafted Skull Kid TWICE
Young fucking Link gets to be playable with Fierce Deity so that's ANOTHER fucking Clone that could've just as easily been a weapon or something
BUT SKULL KID GETS RELEGATED TO A GODDAMNED ALT COSTUME?
TECMO KOEI YOU GOT A LOT TO MAKE UP FOR IN HW 2

Also Japanese Nintendo Direct had a new Rhythm Heaven game

Young fucking Link gets to be playable with Fierce Deity so that's ANOTHER fucking Clone that could've just as easily been a weapon or something

The definition of clone slips farther and farther away from Nintendo's demographic.

As far as we know, saying this Young Link is a clone of regular Link is essentially like saying that Sheik is a clone of Zelda.
Totally should've been Happy Mask Salesman, tho.