• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Smash Bros Discussion Thread

DID JIGGLYPUFF GET BUFFED?

I spent today playing Mewtwo on For Glory, it was fun. Disable and Confusion were buffed to not be useless making Mewtwo not awful.

No, Disable is still pretty useless.

You got to get some kinda miracle read to actually hit anyone with it.

I still don't know if I think the leak's true or not, but i'm still pretty interested with how Mr. Traditional-Fighting-Game-Character-Himself Ryu would be like in a wacky game like Smash Bros. At least he has the same level of iconography that Mega Man does, if not more so

Beyond that, please give him his MVC3 theme if he's really coming, it's the best version of his theme yet

Screw that, gimme Alex.

Though putting in Jazzy NYC as music in Ryu's stage would suffice, I'd say.

I still don't know if I think the leak's true or not, but i'm still pretty interested with how Mr. Traditional-Fighting-Game-Character-Himself Ryu would be like in a wacky game like Smash Bros.
Like Luigi? Fireball, DP, hurricane.

Dr. Mario is probably the most traditional Ryu-clone, since his up-b has more of an angle than Luigi's

I don't like the idea of Ryu being in the game anyway. I would rather have Chun-Li.

Reactions: Rellek
Mewtwo's disable was almost useless in melee, is it really just as bad in the new one as it was in melee?.

And, damn it, it had to be Ryu didn't it, i'd rather have Chun Li too, or Guile (maybe Ken).

I would not be excited for Ryu in a Smash game in almost any capacity, if you told me it was happening without any sources-- I'd have to see what they do with him. I can't imagine too much, but I've been shocked before!

Since it's slightly on the topic, I should probably just be begging for Squidlings, Marina from Mischief Makers, or Shantae, assuming people are still talking about "I want this char on the ballot" still
Beyond that, please give him his MVC3 theme if he's really coming, it's the best version of his theme yet
But, Alpha 3

SF Alpha 3 Ryu theme is manly as fuck.

I do not acknowledge the validity of this opinion.

DID JIGGLYPUFF GET BUFFED?
So far this person is claiming that a lot of her moves have more knockback.

I'm really surprised fewer people are talking about Samus. Her grab is so much faster now! (At least on missing animation)

upload_2015-4-16_7-43-35.png

While i know what this is meant to represent, i couldn't help but hear the song "the circle of life" playing loudly in my head.

Reactions: North888
I'm pretty against it. I also can't really see if working out. I mean, SFV is on a lot of ppl's minds right now. Sides, I just want more Mega Man characters :3

Well, Ryu is everywhere already. And we already have one Capcom character, I don't see the need for another.

Eh.
If they keep Ryu to his Hado-Shoryu-Tatsu-Donkey Kick moveset he'd probably be pretty boring, but I think he could be interesting if they used him to represent different SF mechanics like parries, focus attacks, or the new elemental buff system.
You could even give him like an Evil Ryu transformation state or something.

Glad to see i'm not the only one against Ryu, the game doesn't need anymore Capcom characters but if it gets more, they should be from something not as recognized as SF, as i said: Viewtiful Joe or Phoenix Wright.

Honestly Ryu fits in a Nintendo fighter as well as Pac-Man.

That used to be a statement of condemnation, but after Pac-Man I'm pretty game for anything.

Reactions: juju_for_president
Meanwhile Roy is busy being the worst lord ever.
All of Fire Emblem 6 was a mistake that should have never happened.

I'd take Roy as a playable character before Ryu.

And honestly, if they don't change up Roy's moveset (should he be coming back) I'll be a little upset. And I mean a little bit more than just adding fire to the upb, neutral b and upsmash. Come on Sakurai.

Also he needs his Awakening design too. That shit is dope as fuck.

aren't they kinda broke now tho
How long has that rumor been going on? Even if they were just racking up debt left and right, I bet they have a nice credit limit.