• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Smash Bros Discussion Thread

What makes Capcom so special anyway.

Its Capcom? Whose name has a legacy of some of the longest franchises around?

I guess it's because they have the longest/most popular legacy of fighting games?

Although it could be
rain.jpg

what the fuck do smash threads even become after stuff happens

I was going for a scathing satire of business practices.
Not sure where that volcano came from, but,
should we do something about that? The volcano that is?
There is a lot of fire spreading from all the burning money.

Let's take a dive

in Aquatic Mine

to get away from that volcano

So...Mewtwo Impressions? I'm in love with him

He's certainly better than his Melee incarnation, from what I can tell. Really good aerial mobility this time around, and that's from both movement and aerials.

Good aerials, really floaty jumps, can recover from nearly anything so long as you don't accidentally teleport into a slope, that does weird things to your movement.

Shadow Ball is a reliable spacing move and Confusion is really good for countering projectile pressure now so long as you have a moment's notice or a solid read.

Upsmash is fantastic if you can land it, and of course his grabs are solid.

But he's really really light and Disable is really unreliable. Like honestly I've found the move absolutely useless I've used it against giant characters over and over to no effect.

Here's a small Mewtwo montage from that Shofu guy. Kinda shows how disable can be kinda useful.

that last one was just salty style right there
someone getting hit by that couldn't even be mad, i bet

I had a guy reflect my Disable back at me and he absolutely deserved the win because of that.

Huh, you can reflect disable? Is the damage multiplier in effect or is it more, uh, disable-y?

I'm sad... because I don't have both versions of the game and can't play as Mewtwo (that I know of) yet I can still fight people online who are playing as Mewtwo...

It seems the damage multiplier is in effect for a reflected/pocketed Disable

What I wanna know is if it can be magnetized like Shadow Ball or not

I'm sad... because I don't have both versions of the game and can't play as Mewtwo (that I know of) yet I can still fight people online who are playing as Mewtwo...
You could be me and have a broken 3DS leaving the game unplayable.

Well, that's unfortunate for you because if I had a broken 3ds, I'd still be able to play.

RIP3DS
2012 (I think)- 2015
You lived long enough for me to drop on concrete on so many occasions.

Semi-playable here. R button is gong in and out so I can't dodge properly. Plan to upgrade from Original 3ds to New 3DS XL before the start of June so I can really get back into the hang of things.

RIP3DS
2012 (I think)- 2015
You lived long enough for me to drop on concrete on so many occasions.
Speaking of concrete, I still have my "Tank" Nintendo DS from waaaaaay back in the day. It has outlived every handheld I've ever owned. My original 3ds is starting to have a wobbly and sometimes unresponsive R button just from BEING IN MY POCKET throughout the course of a day... I drop my NDS and the pavement cracks...

Why don't they make shit like they used to? Come on man...

They did what neither Dr. Wily or any other Megaman Villain could do, kill Megaman.

Wait, which version do you own?

y'all need to take better care of your systems
All that said, I haven't had a system ever become unusable. Just wobbly buttons. And using the NDS as a weapon...

Wait, which version do you own?
I own the Wii U version, broski. I don't think it matters which version I own because I don't own the other one.

I own the Wii U version, broski. I don't think it matters which version I own because I don't own the other one.

Oh. *Rasberry.*

I have a 3DS Mewtwo code that I'm not gonna use because that version is irrelevant. If anyone wants it, just ask.

Oh. *Rasberry.*

I have a 3DS Mewtwo code that I'm not gonna use because that version is irrelevant. If anyone wants it, just ask.
Bummer! I would've pounced on that offer if I didn't feel that the 3DS version was irrelevant as well. Oh well.

Now that I think about it though... Nintendo's made quite a bit of money off this whole Mewtwo fiasco... Think about it... People who DON'T have both versions have to wait a whole 2 weeks to get him and in a world like this one, no one wants to wait for anything. So people go out and spend money on a full price game rather than wait 2 weeks to pay a few dollars.

Nintendo is such a sneaky business. We should probably watch ourselves in the future.

dr_kawashima_for_ssb4_by_elemental_aura-d6z0xno.jpg

Ryuta Kawashima, that is.

Reactions: Thrasher08
lol XD While the joke is funny, the file name is snd_bgm_SF01_SF2_Ryu_3DS.nus3bank. SF2_Ryu is a pretty definitive clue.

Ugh, it's also like how people wanted Pac to be his sprite too. It's a dumb idea, and only Game & Watch can pull it off

I had that thought actually.
But that would only make sense if it were Morrigan.

Hmm... thinking on Ryu, Capcom prob suckered Niny into adding him. I'm sure they had to get permision to add X and Protoman outfits for the Mii fighters and Capcom, being greedy as they are, prob roped em into adding Ryu. *shrugs* just a thought.

Still would rather have Chun... Or even Ammy... Yo what about Haggar. A million cooler Capcom reps than Ryu