• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Smash Bros Discussion Thread

Apparently no one I know on Gamefaqs from the pre E3 '13 to current Smash boards comes here

It's still hard to believe it's already been two and a half years since that faithful day. Villager and Megaman, then WFT after.

Ah, those were the days the trolls ran rampant with fake leaks and not G-Day related things.

Decent times.

Aaaaaand Armada is EVO '15 champ for Smish Bruhs Maylay

Plup's Samus was definitely the match of the night for me tho
good shit

Also why I've I connected this I used this goddamn voice in Saints.

K. Rool's name was trademarked for the first time ever on the new VC DK games, and only just recently.

hipe

As a reminder of the multi-forum tournament I'm planning, I've set up a Strawpoll for the preferred date.

http://strawpoll.me/5037000

So far, the other forums involved are SONM, GRcade and Nintendo Life. I hope you all take part!

New update announced in Japan for the 31st
-online tournies
-Hyrule 64 and Peach's Castle 64
- New Mii costumes: K. Rool <seems to be Brawlers only>, Smash Bros. Hoodies <all classes>, Chrom <Swordmasters only, obviously>

CLEFNIBUYAA8d6h.jpg

CLEFWwKVAAAASnv.jpg

CLEFC1wUcAAaB53.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: BeatNinja
salt

Salt

SALT

FUCKING SALT

I WANT MY DAMNED K. ROOL

But luckily Mii costumes don't automatically mean deconfirmation. I mean, Meta Knight was revealed right after his.

if by sick you mean ugly? Then yeh, it perfectly suits him. (outfit doesn't look too bad. That hair is godawful though)

But luckily Mii costumes don't automatically mean deconfirmation. I mean, Meta Knight was revealed right after his.
How would this be the same situation
Meta Knight's costume was revealed before he himself, yes, but that was when it was all on disc
they were both gonna be in the game anyway, when they were revealed is irrelevant
this is a Mii costume of a character being released before the character himself
of course, K Rool can still be chosen to be playable anyway, but it's not the same as the Meta Knight situation

New update announced in Japan for the 31st
-online tournies
-Hyrule 64 and Peach's Castle 64
- New Mii costumes: K. Rool <seems to be Brawlers only>, Smash Bros. Hoodies <all classes>, Chrom <Swordmasters only, obviously>

CLEFNIBUYAA8d6h.jpg

CLEFWwKVAAAASnv.jpg

CLEFC1wUcAAaB53.jpg

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaa

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

There are no dreams now only tears

big, ugly crocodile tears

and it is painful

They made a Chrom costume?
That is just rubbing salt in the wound. I'm so angry we got Lucina instead.
I feel like this is their way of saying "THESE PEOPLE AREN'T GETTING IN, STOP VOTING".

I guess we gotta make room for more characters nobody wants.

Here comes that Young Link DLC.

They made a Chrom costume?
That is just rubbing salt in the wound. I'm so angry we got Lucina instead.
I feel like this is their way of saying "THESE PEOPLE AREN'T GETTING IN, STOP VOTING".
Well we do already have Ike. Seriously, Chrom rips like half of his move list from Ike, including Aether and we see a similar sword dash move as one of his attacks in Awakening. We got enough Marth Clones, I don't want Ike Clones to be a term now, too.

Plus Lucina was an alt skin they were able to make into a char for very little extra work. Chrom looks different enough and would play just different enough with maybe a move or so difference that it'd be a ton of extra work when we already got 2 Awakening Reps. I'm assuming they REALLY don't want to show too much favoritism to Awakening and end up getting a ton of flak for it. 2/6 FE chars are from Awakening as it is. 3 from one game, in a series as diverse as FE, is grounds for suspicion.

Well we do already have Ike. Seriously, Chrom rips like half of his move list from Ike, including Aether and we see a similar sword dash move as one of his attacks in Awakening. We got enough Marth Clones, I don't want Ike Clones to be a term now, too.

Plus Lucina was an alt skin they were able to make into a char for very little extra work. Chrom looks different enough and would play just different enough with maybe a move or so difference that it'd be a ton of extra work when we already got 2 Awakening Reps. I'm assuming they REALLY don't want to show too much favoritism to Awakening and end up getting a ton of flak for it. 2/6 FE chars are from Awakening as it is. 3 from one game, in a series as diverse as FE, is grounds for suspicion.
I'm saying I would've preferred Chrom in as an Ike clone instead of Lucina as a Marth clone. That way we wouldn't have 3 Marth clones, as we do now.
I can't shake the feeling that Lucina got in instead of Chrom simply because she's more popular, which is probably true. I can't see how difficult making Chrom an alternate costume for Ike would be.

To be fair, Awakening did kind of save the series and make it mainstream in America, so the two characters from it are understandable. Before, most people didn't know who Marth, Ike, or Roy were, or what Fire Emblem was here before it.

I still think FE is like

RIDICULOUSLY over-repped. Not as bad as Kid Icarus, but still pretty ridiculous.

I still think FE is like

RIDICULOUSLY over-repped. Not as bad as Kid Icarus, but still pretty ridiculous.
I think FE is worse than Kid Icarus in terms of representation, but other than that, I totally agree.

Hm, there WAS data for an unused Dr. Mario stage
I also don't think those specific Virus models could've been reused from anything else, unless some random person did a great deal of work adapting it from their trophies

I still think FE is like

I don't think Kid Icarus is over represented. If anything, FE is worse.
It was a popular first-party game and it got the two main characters and an easy-to-make clone.

Some more pics of that leaked stage
MQpTHj6.jpg

jXQAw7z.jpg

012YD9F.jpg

Verdict: this one looks pretty legit to me, and it looks like it could be a fun stage to play on

I like it, it looks very nice.
One thing, though; is it just me, or does it look like the background of the stage is curved in a bit? It makes the pixelated background look odd.

Yeah, it reminds me of those trippy backgrounds in Mario Galaxy that used the old SMB level BG and sprites

Well, like,
my opinion on leaks has and always will be you can't trust anything.
Like, I was skeptic of the Rayman leak from the beginning, and look how that turned out, but,
yeah the stage looks pretty legit, but I'm still saying it's possibly faked. Most of it hinges on the 3D models of the viruses, and if any kind of source can be found from them.

Not that it really matters, since I doubt I'll be playing on it anyways, but, still, those're my thoughts.

I mean we got, like, two days before the update hits to determine legitimacy, so I can be patient.

More new Mii costumes
Lloyd from Tales of Symphonia <Swordmasters only>
teddy bears <possibly Gunners only, male and female Miis get diffferent versions of this one>
Flying Man from EarthBound <Brawlers only>
CLJOroEUYAA10e6.jpg

CLJOhtbUMAEx59L.jpg

CLJOTYAUMAEyUDE.jpg

CLJOTdyUMAEDROG.jpg

Oh wow we can play as Lloy-zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I like the art and different designs, it's cute and nicely varied. I'm pretty sure there's nothing wrong with the movesets, but on the other hand I guess I don't know enough about Mona to really debunk a move or two.

Hey guys, I came up with this moveset, what do you think?

The art on the bottom is mine too

Hmmmmmm,
overall it's a decent enough moveset, it might be better if you had a general idea of how she should play instead of just what the attacks are, but, you know, 's not bad.
The neutral B however, really sticks out to me, like for the rest of the moveset you seemed to be going for a theme of "jobs Mona has done" and it kinda falls apart of the neutral B which is just vaguely one of the more iconic things that was in the game she's from.
Her Final Smash also feels the smallest bit anticlimactic, but then again most of the FS's in the actual game do, so if you feel it fits that's good enough.