• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Smash Bros Discussion Thread

While speculating is alright, hoping isn't.

No-fun-allowed.jpg

But no, you're totally right. Hope just makes people angry and upset because most people hope for really absurd things that don't stand a chance at making it into the game. Then again, there's nothing better than having one's hopes and dreams come true in the world of Super Smash Bros :P

I demand a picture of each character's butt so i can evaluate their quality
i'm an official butt inspector and I must critique sakurai's work

I'm not hoping, though I do think we'll get some of that cool stuff.
But oh well, just three days until Tuesday.
Can't come soon enough

I still think we'll get at least ONE new character and a few veterans, plus a release date...
But again, it's highly possible to be 20 minutes of Smash Direct.
You never know.
Literally almost anything is possible.

There will only be some trolling, not that much.

Though I think we will also get a good look at the UI maybe.
And maybe them menus

Where's that gif of Oprah unleashing a horde of bees on her audience.
That's basically what Villager's FS should be

So my friend brought up the idea that maybe Nintendo will go for another crazy out of left field Snake-like character again this game, and said the best 3rd party for this would be Squeenix, since Nintendo and them have been somewhat friendly recently. Besides, Squeenix does have some history on Nintendo consoles with early Final Fantasies and most recently Bravely Default. Make it happen Nintendo, blow people's minds!

It won't happen of course, but it's a nice thought.

That is exactly what it is and therefore it's already succeeded. Please don't be so serious man, it's not making you look like you might want.

Nah I'm fine looking like a cynical bastard.

It's possible, that's for sure.
I really think the best chances for third party rep companies in SSB 4 is:
Namco Bandai (doi)
Konami
Platinum Games (Kamiya retweeted the Smash Direct annoucement)
Square Enix

Bayonetta. I don't care how little it makes sense, I'd lol so hard at her inclusion.

But holy cow guys we have a LOT of females in the game this time around. I mean obviously the roster isn't going to be 50/50 but just look at what we have now. 2 out of 5 newcomers are female. I'm liking the female representation in this game so far. The more girls to play with, the better <3

Eh true enough. Granted they could really tone it down a bit, but the whole reason why Bayonetta is Bayonetta is because of those mature themes. Regardless, a guy can speculate.

Bayonetta's possible, you never know.
Chances are it'd be Wonder Red if it's a Platinum Games character, though.
Just saying those are who I think have the best chance of getting a Rep in SSB 4

that's because they were annoying him
Kamiya will tell anyone that annoys him to fuck off
because chances are they deserve it

I feel Wonder Red would be a better choice for a platinum rep
He just fits the smash bros aesthetic better than Netta. Much less risque.
plus his abilities are perfect for a moveset, provided he borrows from other Wonderful Ones

We're probably getting Chrom.

though I have heard some ideas that it could be Chrom & Lucina as a team

I dunno, I'm doing as someone suggested and trying not to HOPE too much, I mean I certainly know there'll be some cool shit there, but ti's hard to guess which.
I might get more out of the stream without constantly waiting for "that one thing" to be shown.

Back