• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Smash Bros Discussion Thread

Hmmm *checks Serebii.net* Ah, so it does Shadow Sneak in the games. I wasn't sure if it did.

Hah. Knew it was Shadow Sneak he was using. Personally I would've rather had given him Toxic Spikes.

Very interesting. I could see this having some potential.

I never used Dimensional Cape myself, but due to this increasing his already great mobility it could be useful.

Top tier status. Just everything about Greninja says "top tier".

One thing is that it seems that he really doesn't have a gimmick like most of the other newcomers.

This isn't a bad thing, as you need some just traditional fighters.

We know Water Shuriken is his neutral special, but I wonder if his other exclusive move, Mat Block, will be present in some form?

Eh, the only newcomers with a "gimmick" is Rosalina's sync/desync with the Lumas and Mac's KO meter.

WFT has a buff and Villager has a portable stage hazard.

not to mention he can store a reflect for later use
and it applies to a lot more than it looks like it would

And Mega Man is literally 98% projectiles.

Greninja is 'normal' aside from having a chargable/holdable side B move (that we know thus far)
thats pretty gimmicky considering nobody else has a move like that

And Mega Man is literally 98% projectiles.

Greninja is 'normal' aside from having a chargable/holdable side B move (that we know thus far)
Well not literally... I'd say it's more like... 40% to be safe.

Well not literally... I'd say it's more like... 40% to be safe.

A- projectile
sideA- projectile
upA- physical
downA- physical
dash- physical
sidesmash- projectile
upsmash- physical
downsmash- projectile (debateable)
neutralair- projectile
upair- projectile
forwardair- physical
downair- projectile
backair- physical
neutralB- projectile
sideB- projectile
upB- projectile
downB- projectile
FS- ??? (probably a projectile)

That's about 50 to 70%
You're welcome.

A- projectile
sideA- projectile
upA- physical
downA- physical
dash- physical
sidesmash- projectile
upsmash- physical
downsmash- projectile (debateable)
neutralair- projectile
upair- projectile
forwardair- physical
downair- projectile
backair- physical
neutralB- projectile
sideB- projectile
upB- projectile
downB- projectile
FS- ??? (probably a projectile)

That's about 50 to 70%
You're welcome.
Actually thank you. Though I'd definitely say the dsmash is physical (even if the actual attack is released from the guns). And the upb we haven't seen hit anything yet so I wouldn't classify it as either quite yet.

Actually thank you. Though I'd definitely say the dsmash is physical (even if the actual attack is released from the guns). And the upb we haven't seen hit anything yet so I wouldn't classify it as either quite yet.

If we consider the downsmash, upB (which I swore had projectile properties but apparently not), and Final Smash (which considering lasers will PROBABLY be a projectile but we can't tell yet) to all be physical attacks then yeah, it comes out as an even 50%.
Which is pretty high for fighting game/smash history standards.

If we consider the downsmash, upB (which I swore had projectile properties but apparently not), and Final Smash (which considering lasers will PROBABLY be a projectile but we can't tell yet) to all be physical attacks then yeah, it comes out as an even 50%.
Which is pretty high for fighting game/smash history standards.
Not even Samus comes close to that and she has never physically punched a thing in her life outside of Smash bros. (Maybe computer monitors and stuff. Also not counting Other M :P)

Reactions: Lavama
Idea: If Mega Lucario and Mega Charizard X aren't Final Smashes, what if instead when you play as them there's a chance of spawning two items, a Mega Stone (one for each) and a Mega Ring? And to Mega Evolve you have to get both a la Dragoon?

Note that if the opponents got it that weren't Mega Evolve-able then it wouldn't do anything.

Idea: If Mega Lucario and Mega Charizard X aren't Final Smashes, what if instead when you play as them there's a chance of spawning two items, a Mega Stone (one for each) and a Mega Ring? And to Mega Evolve you have to get both a la Dragoon?

Note that if the opponents got it that weren't Mega Evolve-able then it wouldn't do anything.
no the sky was dark final smash dark when Mega Charizard appeared, Mega Lucario is based off of his %

that sounds kinda dumb
it might be more of a limit break form or w/e
(maybe Charizard's FS idk)

It could be possible that when Lucario has already reached the cap of his aura power (In brawl I think it was 300%), he automatically transforms into MegaLucario. However, it could also be possible that it is a trigger transformation that is done with his up taunt. We did see something suspicious in one of his pictures that looked like part of the Mega Evolution sequence while also performing his upwards taunt.

Thoughts?

It could still be a Final Smash.
The sky isn't dark when Little Mac is transformed into Giga Mac.
It'd be kind of weird if two characters had a Mega transformation as a Final Smash, but it's not ruled out.

I wonder how long it would last, though. Cause compare Lucario's Final Smash of transforming into a form merely with maxxed attack for a limited time to say, Pit's, where LAZERS ARE EVERYWHERE.

And plus, what does Mega Charizard X do? Just boost attack? And can one maybe get Mega Charizard Y if they like, hold a button down as an easter egg?

edit: just found this, a new move. Possibly Charizard's Down-B replacement?
daily-2014-04-14-56.jpg

Flare Blitz. People speculate it's his new upb only aimable. A combination of Fire Fox and Diddy's Barrels (Which are confirmed to be able to move horizontally given enough charge time.

Nice. I'd be down, his original Up-B was pretty meh.

But that still leaves his Down-B, and with no sign of his OVERPOWERED side-b, will that be changed too?

But that still leaves his Down-B, and with no sign of his OVERPOWERED side-b, will that be changed too?
While people say it's his up b, I don't think it is merely because upon hitting an enemy, he receive recoil (Hits the enemy then bounces off in tumble). However, it could work like Falcon's upb where connecting leaves him temporarily vulnerable but refreshes the ability to use it again. In the trailer we see him fall back in recoil, but the ground meets him before we can see how long that recoil lasts. Who knows.

But I'm hoping his sideb is changed because it SUCKED. It was too gimmicky and buggy. The mechanics behind it were just so bad I hope it's changed. Perhaps Flare Blitz is the new side b. And we really have no idea (or at least haven't seen anything) what the down b could be.

Could zard glide out of his upb? because gliding was removed, so that move being his new one would make sense

No he could not glide out of his up b

well it's still out and good riddance gliding was awful

Meaning Meta Knight (When he inevitably returns) won't be able to glide and do AS MUCH ridiculous garbage. Please god rid us of that Tornado.

HOw dare you insult the most holy of all moves Rock Smash.
We must immediately burn this heretic.

Reactions: Smilax
meta just had
so little testing put into him, even if he's still OP they can just patch him to down to trash or whatever
praise sakurai's willingness to patch the game in response to the response to the game

meta just had
so little testing put into him, even if he's still OP they can just patch him to down to trash or whatever
praise sakurai's willingness to patch the game in response to the response to the game
Well they have a clean slate this time around. They can nerf literally everything because Lord Helix knows he needs it. Slow his run speed, lower knockback on that damn nair, lower the priority of the Tornado, make it have startup frames out the ass or ending lag like no one's business, or simply take it out entirely because good god it was terrible. He doesn't have gliding so that's one advantage, give him one less jump, fix the knockback on that dair, change that blasted dsmash or at least slow it and, finally, lower his weight to unreasonable levels and I thihnk he MIGHT be lowered to mid-high tier.

Guys, don't be too sure that gliding isn't going to return. If the translation of the Direct is accurate, it's only been explicitly noted to be removed from Pit.

Guys, don't be too sure that gliding isn't going to return. If the translation of the Direct is accurate, it's only been explicitly noted to be removed from Pit.
In addition to this, in pit's case, it's probably because he clearly can't glide in Kid Icarus: Uprising, so taking that power out of his arsenal was natural.

Well I suppose... I saw gliding mechanic cut and screamed for joy because it was crap anyways.