• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Steven Universe Thread! [SPOILERS]

Amethyst was doing it TO GREG who would DEFINITELY get put off by it.

Uncle Grandpa was just sorta showing up.

About that last episode... Can anyone get me a good gif of Amethyst walking on screen and putting on those sunglasses?

I won't watch the sneak peek since Thursday is tomorrow. Annnd because it looks really good. Anyone bought/played Attack the Light? I've beaten it and maxed everyone out...just working on starring all the levels because of OCD.

The crystal gems sure looked younger back then. They probably made themselves look older when Steven was born and as they no longer had Rose. It's also nice to see Rose have more personality shown in the flashback. Greg's casual response that Marty was dead to him was hilarious.

Reactions: Broseidon Rex
Hopeless romantic I am so yeah this episode was the bee's knees.

Was Pearl in love with Rose or is it like a maternal thing? So confused.

Hopeless romantic I am so yeah this episode was the bee's knees.

Was Pearl in love with Rose or is it like a maternal thing? So confused.
I think she was in love with Rose. Between Rose's Scabbard and the note of jealousy in her voice when she said "I can sing!" I'm finding it difficult to believe otherwise.

I think she was in love with Rose. Between Rose's Scabbard and the note of jealousy in her voice when she said "I can sing!" I'm finding it difficult to believe otherwise.

If that's the case, wouldn't she be jealous/cold/angry/what have you at Greg then? Y'know, for "stealing" her away?

If that's the case, wouldn't she be jealous/cold/angry/what have you at Greg then? Y'know, for "stealing" her away?
Well, probably yes. But a big part of the blame was shown going to Steven directly before, wasn't it?

man pearl's kind of an asshole when you think about it

Might have been. Might still be. I suspect that she tolerated Greg because he made Rose happy.

Well, probably yes. But a big part of the blame was shown going to Steven directly before, wasn't it?

That was a different situation. I don't think it was necessarily linked to Pearl's feelings for Rose, just frustration of discovering Rose didn't confide in her like she previously thought. I guess we will just have to wait for some more juicy episodes to REAALLLY know. I wanna ask the Crewniverse...but they probably won't say.

We need a 30 minute special for reals.

Peridot and Jasper fusion leaked:
tumblr_nm8tv7hxOt1sfv767o1_500.jpg

Well, she sure doesn't seem to like Greg.

The gems seemed younger here. Weird, since however-many-years-ago-that-was is relatively very short in their lifetimes. I'm loving this show's balance of answering the stuff we really want to know, and raising new questions.

The amount of fanboying I did was kinda off the charts. I was just so happy seeing Greg be sly, and Rose laughing. DEM GEMS THO. Garnet's design is just, like, always amazing. I freakin' loved this episode.

Well, she sure doesn't seem to like Greg.

The gems seemed younger here. Weird, since however-many-years-ago-that-was is relatively very short in their lifetimes. I'm loving this show's balance of answering the stuff we really want to know, and raising new questions.

I don't think dislike is the word for it. She does seem to think a tad bit lowly of him though. AND YES, I thought Gems don't age???? Wasn't that said? Garnet Amethyst and Pearl looked like straight up kids.

People are assuming that the reason why they look younger is that they haven't yet hit their full maturity, and they finally did when Rose was going to die.

Wouldn't that mean they just change their forms according to their mental age?

Her star eyes and laugh really reminded me of Steven.

steven did

He did, but I think that was unique to Steven because he is half human. The Gems didn't even know what was wrong with at first, so I doubt that is a part of their...abilities/biology?

Pray for Connie, who probably has to deal with Steven's eventual interest in larger women.

Pray for Connie, who probably has to deal with Steven's eventual interest in larger women.
He likes to see giant women. Is that so wrong?

Also take note that Pearl probably has some seriously confused feelings about Steven at the moment. On the one hand, Rose had to die for him to exist (and clearly Pearl has some serious Rose feels), on the other hand he's Rose's child (so she's obviously protective of him) and on the other other hand Gems seem to have issues with actually fully understanding that Steven is not Rose (Jasper clearly couldn't). Remember that part where Pearl says she likes to watch Steve sleep?

I meant to mention it earlier, but it's fairly obvious that both Jasper and Amethyst are Kindergarten manufactured gems based on stuff Jasper says and their appearances, but it's a neat touch that they're both given that same raspy voice style. I wonder will all Kindergarteners have the same qualities?

The Uncle Granpa episode wasn't as unbearable as I was expecting either, so props for that. Very entertaining in some places where they mentioned how it wasn't his first time on the show and the gemsona thing!

Last edited:
Reactions: Sparties
He likes to see giant women. Is that so wrong?
As much as I like seeing future Connie art with her being skinny as a rail, if Steven ever goes to cooking class that might make or break it. Or continue his farming career, I suppose.

All future episodes of Steven Universe will be based on an adult Steven working on his apple farm.

Reactions: Horseman
upload_2015-4-13_19-2-49.png

upload_2015-4-13_19-2-58.png

That's a screenshot from Utena, specifically from here, which people believe may have been the inspiration for Ruby and Sapphire's designs

Yessssss, give it to usssss.

EDIT:

Hey, I just went on that tumblr site and how credible is it??

It says that because Pearl is the least liked Gem, she will be replaced in season 3 by a gem named Topaz???

That really pisses me the fuck off. I mean, I do like Pearl the least, but not enough to where I'd like her off the show! I hope this isn't true....it makes the Crewniverse peeps look a bit heartless. >.>

Last edited:
Really doubt they're just going to replace a character that they've put so much growth into.

Now, Pearl dying via some battle is something probable.

I think that's one of those "fake" sites, stuff that poses as "Did you know", but is really just made-up bullshit to troll people.
Why on God's Green Earth would they kill Pearl just because she's disliked?

Yessssss, give it to usssss.

EDIT:

Hey, I just went on that tumblr site and credible is it??

It says that because Pearl is the least liked Gem, she will be replaced in season 3 by a gem named Topaz???

That really pisses me the fuck off. I mean, I do like Pearl the least, but not enough to where I'd like her off the show! I hope this isn't true....it makes the Crewniverse peeps look a bit heartless. >.>
1390190513753.png