• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Steven Universe Thread! [SPOILERS]

The Uncle Grandpa crossover pisses me off because it legitimately means I have to skip an episode of Steven Universe.
No one wants that.
Unless the entire episode consists of taking the piss out on Uncle Grandpa I ain't watching it.

Reactions: Sparties
As much as I really dislike the idea of a SU/Uncle Grandpa crossover I'm going to give it a chance.
SU Team/Creators have proven themselves as people that know what they are doing and how to do it well. Sure it's not the....easiest? thing to work with but I'm sure they managed it.

My fear is just that it ends up that CN are the ones who cause a muck and make an episode could have been tolerable/good into something terrible (which is what many people are expecting in the first place)

it's just one episode, guys
it's not like Pinky, The Brain, and Elmira levels here

i don't understand the need for the crossover???

cause it will bring in all the kids. and Cartoon network loves that shit, you know? Kinda the reason why Teen Titans Go is on that network.

Teen Titans Go...I truly understand that it is Cartoon Network and not Adult Nerds Network but TTG is too much of a travesty compared to the original cartoon that I enjoyed so much. lol Maaaannnn, especially that episode when Terra appears and all hell breaks loose and Beast Boy almost gets some-I mean a kiss. Totally was geekin' out over that...

On the other hand, I actually watched an episode of Uncle Granpa since I am going to watch the crossover...it seems like it is just...a bunch of random shit mashed together (not an insult but an observation). It's not even like Ren & Stimpy weird, it's just like...shit that is thrown up and put together, just blatant wtfuckery. I don't get it, but hey, I don't think one is even supposed to expect structure when the title is "Uncle Granpa" lol. I do like Pizza Steve, though.

Last edited:
I will give the crossover a shot. There are times that I do watch UG and it's meh.

I will give the crossover a shot. There are times that I do watch UG and it's meh.

Because of Pizza Steve, right?
V5nGuAy.gif

You know, Uncle Grandpa isn't even a bad show. Its basically hat would happen if God answered everyone's prayers but was also your dopey family member. The only problems I can see is the clashing humor styles of SU and UG and god please keep Pizza Steve away from everything.

It was funny seeing Steven talk with the teens. We learn about the relations such as Buck being the mayor's son and Sour Cream's stepfather. The Peridot Canada theory has been proven false also.

whelp soon onto the next season. Kinda want to see a small time skip of a year or so to see steven more of a responsible teenager and a tad less of a kid.(he's what 12 now make him 13 and he will be at that age where kids mentally pass this threshold that make them more grown up.) Peridot coming back is expected, Yellow Diamond will definitely be shown either in shadow form or Dr. Claw style. Ruby and Sapphire episode is going to happen, the fans will want it so badly. And uh, Steven actually learning how to use both the shield and saber via Rose's weapon vault. Yup those are things i feel could happen next season. Steven and Connie releation is most likely not going to anywhere far fast. but i can still see them kinda going out if Connie can convince her parents it's okay.

now all i have to do is wait...

sorry.png

and wait...... sigh.

Reactions: SkullMan
So did Sour Cream's actions remind anyone of a certain villain's famous story?
Sour Cream confirmed teenage Killer Croc

So... UG Episode is next.

tumblr_nlueseM2S41u1e188o1_500.gif

I am prepared for Uncle Grandpa.

It probably helps that I actually have a bit of a soft spot for UG in the first place.

Rebecca is teasing so hard.. I just.. Need.. More cool Gem stuff... I'm hungry for moooooooooooooooooooooore. But at the same time, I thought the latest episode was rather cute. I like that the gems have been reminded, Steven's still a kid. I kinda knew this episode would come though, so, meh.

I'm halfway throguh the second half of Season 1.
Holy fucking shit man, Keep Beach City Weird.
That episode was firing on all cylinders I was laughing so hard.
Also remember when I said I was gonna make a Gemsona?
I wasn't lying, I always keep my word.
Me n' my friend made it as Androgynous as possible

Reactions: Fat-Ass ♪
This particular episode was nice...I knew Sour Cream and Onion was related in some way! (not just their names) I especially enjoyed Garnet gettin' right pissed when she thought Peridot was in the robot. (Estelle's accent was really thick this episode <3) I just looove Garnet! The only travesty of Steven Universe is the team making Garnet's 'fro smaller. They shoulda made it BIGGGGGEEEERRR.

I wonder why in the first place it was decided that SU and UG would collide? Why couldn't it have been Adventure Time or something? That would have been waaaay interesting but -shrugs- meh.

Last edited:
I am prepared for Uncle Grandpa.

It probably helps that I actually have a bit of a soft spot for UG in the first place.

Because of Pizza Steve, right?
V5nGuAy.gif

Oh, lighten up. Pizza Steve is the highlight of UG. He is downright ridiculous. And the gif, I dunno, lol it was weird and fitting.

if Pizza Steve is the HIGHLIGHT of Uncle Grampa then I am quite happy that I decided to not watch the show after the first two episodes.

REST IN PEPPERONI

Literally:
[unc]_wallpaper_[pizzasteve]_03_1280x1024.jpg

Eh, well, I can't see any other character being the highlight. Uncle Granpa is a bunch of random fuckery, Mister Gus is the smart/normal one but a tad stale for my tastes...Belly Bag = wtf...the Robot thing = double wtf/boring. lol And the Realistic Flying Tiger...? LOL It's like you don't have a chance with these type of characters. I strangely like UG though. Not enough to actually fish for episodes online but if I see that it's on and nothing else is on....guess what I'm watching?

Belly Bag is great, Uncle Grandpa's fun, Tiny Miracle's nice, Mr. Gus is wonderful. GRFT is pretty much just there, though.

Apparently it's been confirmed that the Uncle Grandpa crossover episode is canon...

I'm not too sure how I feel about this.

You should feel happy. As eccentric as Uncle Grandpa is, his whole job is to help kids in need.

For those doubting the crossover, even if it's not the best...

If every porkchop were perfect, we wouldn't have hotdogs.

Reactions: SpaceCadetKeon
In Joy Ride, for some reason I wanted Peridot to actually have been hiding like a dork in that haystack three feet away from the escape pod the whole time, but still incredulous and outraged that her snazzy plan had somehow backfired once she'd been found.

"How did you find me?! I passed my Concealment in Hostile Enemy Territory assessment evaluation with perfect marks!"

In Joy Ride, for some reason I wanted Peridot to actually have been hiding like a dork in that haystack three feet away from the escape pod the whole time, but still incredulous and outraged that her snazzy plan had somehow backfired once she'd been found.

"How did you find me?! I passed my Concealment in Hostile Enemy Territory assessment evaluation with perfect marks!"
This is literally the best thing I've read today xD

it's disturbing that DDB is the general voice of reason regarding the UG crossover here

It's the end of the world. This forum is headed for a disaster of biblical proportions. I mean Old Testament; real "wrath of god" type stuff.

Fire and brimstone coming down from the skies. Rivers and seas boiling. 40 years of darkness! Earthquakes, volcanoes! The dead rising from the grave! Human sacrifice! DOGS AND CATS LIVING TOGETHER! MASS HYSTERIA!

Back on topic: I'm also not excited for the UG (what an appropriate acronym...) crossover, if it wasn't obvious.