• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Super Best Friends Thread

Favorite Zaibatsu Member?

• Matt

Votes: 21 18.6%
  • Pat

Votes: 35 31.0%
  • Woolie

Votes: 37 32.7%
  • Liam

Votes: 17 15.0%
  • Zach

Votes: 3 2.7%

• Total voters
Being a paragon of mental health,I have to ask
Are all psychologists as dickish as the one in shattered memories?Towards the end,he was really hard to listen to.

exactly
this is reflected in Pat when he plays any video games that isn't third strike
And even then it's shown.

Have you seen that dude's flacid ass mixups?

In the real world that guy would be fucking FIRED, but honestly he's the most interesting mental health professional I've ever seen.

well I mean you can't really fire someone running their own private service
you could probably stop going to them though

Being a paragon of mental health,I have to ask
Are all psychologists as dickish as the one in shattered memories?Towards the end,he was really hard to listen to.
spoilers for the end of shattered memories. don't look.
if you had as much bullshit over several appointments as he had you'd probably get pissed off too.
so many holes in her story and he had to just sit there and keep humoring her to get to the root of her problem.
so yeah, I feel that guy is actually someone that is necessary for what he's dealing with.
he's basically the key to what's real, and if anything, the glass shattering he does at the end pretty much sums up that he's had enough and is doing what needs to be done.

and remember, at no point does he get violent at the person. he explicitly turned away to throw the glass. if he was mad or violent towards that person, he would have probably thrown it in their direction.

spoilers for the end of shattered memories. don't look.
if you had as much bullshit over several appointments as he had you'd probably get pissed off too.
so many holes in her story and he had to just sit there and keep humoring her to get to the root of her problem.
Well,I mean,it's his job to listen,humor,and help,no?
I mean,I'm sure insane people come up with bullshit cringeworthy stories all the time,and I can only understand his frustration in the UFO ending.That shit was just dumb.

well I mean you can't really fire someone running their own private service
you could probably stop going to them though
You know what, you're absolutely right. But you do need a license to run that service and that can be legally taken from you.
Probably not on these grounds though.

Well,I mean,it's his job to listen,humor,and help,no?
I mean,I'm sure insane people come up with bullshit cringeworthy stories all the time,and I can only understand his frustration in the UFO ending.That shit was just dumb.
and in the end (well, one of them, his anger was enough to help break her reality. that's honestly the best thing really. Cheryll was so deep in her own stories that the only thing that could wake her up was a shock.

and in the end (well, one of them, his anger was enough to help break her reality. that's honestly the best thing really. Cheryll was so deep in her own stories that the only thing that could wake her up was a shock.
That's a definite truth,but it was pretty inadvertent in his part.

That's a definite truth,but it was pretty inadvertent in his part.
well, considering he was originally a villain in the original game, I can see why they kept an almost villainous nature to him.

again, I feel the glass throwing was fine since he threw it in the opposite direction of her.

I liked the psychologists the whole game...

Even when he flipped out at the end.

Reactions: SanoBaron
His name is Michael McConnohie if you want to look more roles up :V

also, I love how one of Cybil's design is literally just Scully from X-Files.

Why???
Because my love for silent hill and love for the best friends is so pwoerful that there is nothing better.

I wonder how Woolie is gonna be on the Sleepycast.
also, it's a shame Psychicpebbles won't be on that one.
:( Zach's the funniest.
at least Corey wasn't there.

I wonder how Woolie is gonna be on the Sleepycast.
also, it's a shame Psychicpebbles won't be on that one.
:( Zach's the funniest.
at least Corey wasn't there.
Yeah zach is pretty funny

One of my personal favorites from him is the _______ accent in distress joke with oney and using an african man as an example.

That shit was hilarious

WUN TYME! I WAS DEEGEENG AH PEET IN DA VEHLLEHGE!
WHEN DIS BIG FOOKIN' MONKEH!

I HANG IT UP LIKE JESUS CHRIST FOR ALL OTHER MONKIES TO SEE!

Monkies no comeback to my village.

Reactions: SanoBaron
though, what would happen if Woolie was exposed to Zach's political incorrectness?
I imagine hilarity and cringe ensuing.

though, what would happen if Woolie was exposed to Zach's political incorrectness?
I imagine hilarity and cringe ensuing.
DUDE DONT HE ALREADY KILLED ONCE, DONT LET HIM DO IT AGAIN!

Zach was killed before.
it was on the halloween podcast.
he got better.
less than a week too.

DUDE DONT HE ALREADY KILLED ONCE, DONT LET HIM DO IT AGAIN!
Once? Woolie has AT LEAST a dozen fatalities under his belt

I was checking the playlist for fisticuffs and noticed they never played GGXX. They played Xrd but none of the older GG games.

I hope they'll try out AC+R one day.

I want them to play Jam and find that she is more hype that Baiken.
at the very least Liam is the one who does that.

I want them to play Jam and find that she is more hype that Baiken.
at the very least Liam is the one who does that.
Fuck off Axl Low for life.

holy shit, Woolie was running at Maximum Over Rustle during the most recent mystery box.
like, worse than Biker Mice.

so on tormentum woolie talks about how "what it would be like to talk to a dark souls boss"

and that's why everyone needs to know that Priscilla is the best.

that game just leaves you feeling supremely depressed if you get the bad end.

Its baffling how bad one man could be at simple puzzles.

Remind me not to look at the youtube comments, or really any comments, about the Tormentum play through.
Backseat drivers are fucking intolerable.

meh, they're not bad.
it's better than the comments on the Her Story playthrough.
and there's not a lot of room to backseat on tormentum to begin with.
actions in the game are really binary.

It's just stupid to criticize someones puzzle solving skills when they're trying to solve them as quickly as possible and provide entertaining commentary during it, all while being watched by a friend and worrying about the eventual judgement of thousands of viewers. That's a lot of pressure, and it doesn't take a psychologist to know that pressure affects our problem solving skills.