• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Wulf Den

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dunno, I like that one.
OK then that's what I'll use, let the week of annie commence.

@DDB, #1 Annie Fan, leader of the Star Cruisers, and co-founder of Team Star★Wulf recently fought a high stakes grudge match against @konkrete. The wager, if DDB wins then konkrete must sport an Annie supporting avatar for a week, if konkrete wins then DDB must sport an Annie bashing avatar for a week. DDB fought valiantly but he lost the match, he has no regrets and wears his new avatar with dignity. Inspired by his spirit I have decided to do him a favor in the name of Team Star★Wulf. For the next week I will sport an annie avatar in DDB's place.

It will be an avatar of his choosing, but for now I'll use this one.
View attachment 1846

Extremely honorable. I commend you and DDB.

Reactions: Denizen
SALTY IS NOW LIVE!!!
Should I even continue with these Salty Reminders?
Now that the forums have that neat Stream tab it seems pretty unnecessary.

SALTY IS NOW LIVE!!!
Should I even continue with these Salty Reminders?
Now that the forums have that neat Stream tab it seems pretty unnecessary.

I still somehow forget to watch it, so more reminders are always appreciated.

I wish I could do that thing on Tumblr where you can set some music to play on loop as you browse through a blog.
I think this would be some fitting background music for a wolf's den, even the name of the song fits.

Reactions: Top hat walrus
There are few ways as efficient at keeping people away from an online place as forcing music on 'em.

yeah, not everyone likes music automatically playing on soemone's blog. Plus, I think wrestling music would be more fitting for Beowulf since y'know, he's a wrestler.

Guys I'm not saying that it should play automatically, I'm saying it would be cool to have the option to put a little music player on the top or side of the thread, just in case someone wants some tunes while they're lurking.
yeah, not everyone likes music automatically playing on soemone's blog. Plus, I think wrestling music would be more fitting for Beowulf since y'know, he's a wrestler.
Ah the triplicity of Beowulf fans shows itself again. If you want wrestling music then there is nothing more fitting than this theme right here, but I'm one of those fans that emphasizes the heroism of Beowulf over the fact that he's a wrestler so I'm just going to post more epic music.

Because perspective is important, how about seeing things from Grendel's point of view?
Well now I have a new book to read.

This is just giving me a headcanon of their SGverse counterparts being warrior scholars. I know it kinda goes against the "tried to eat the crowd" thingie but it would be a interesting subversion to see the wrestling rivals being high-class intellectuals. And I guess they could tie Grendel's savagery to him being a nihilist or pressure from a helicopter mom who's always putting him down for being a intellectual Gigan. She'd be all like "Humans are nothing more than food!" while all poor Grendel wanted was a friendly rivalry with Beowulf, both in terms of strength and intellect.
I'm starting to genuinely sympathize with the poor guy...

Guys I'm not saying that it should play automatically, I'm saying it would be cool to have the option to put a little music player on the top or side of the thread, just in case someone wants some tunes while they're lurking.

Ah the triplicity of Beowulf fans shows itself again. If you want wrestling music then there is nothing more fitting than this theme right here, but I'm one of those fans that emphasizes the heroism of Beowulf over the fact that he's a wrestler so I'm just going to post more epic music.
whose to say beowulf can't be both a big wrestling doof and a hero? I think it'd be great. skullgirls is known for breaking the molds and Beowulf being this big doof pro-wrestler who can get the job done when he needs to would be awesome.

whose to say beowulf can't be both a big wrestling doof and a hero? I think it'd be great. skullgirls is known for breaking the molds and Beowulf being this big doof pro-wrestler who can get the job done when he needs to would be awesome.
I want that, I want all three parts of his character to be represented. The hero, the wrestler, and the wolf are all important in creating the man known as Beowulf.

However, I have a question that's been bugging me a lot lately. Is Beowulf dumb, or is he smart?
I hate these sort of questions because there are so many different types of intelligence that it's arrogant to say that one person is smarter than the other, because everyone's smart and dumb at something. For example, I know someone who gets better grades than me and goes to a better college, but she is without a doubt one of the dumbest people I know because of her decision making.

For the sake of his character I think we should try to answer this question. We know that Beowulf is going to have a similar personality to Kamina, so right off that bat he wouldn't be the sharpest tool in the shed. However, in order to defeat full grown Gigans in hand to hand combat he would need to be smart enough to come up with a good strategy. In that regard I would have to agree with WayForger, Beowulf is like the Joseph Joestar of Skullgirls.

there are different ways of being dumb but good in other things. Kamen Rider has touched this with quite a bit of it's many Riders. Fourze's rider is clueless, overly optimistic, and willing to trust anybody and call anyone his friend even if they stab him in the back, and that works for him considering he's meant to be a nice guy willing to accept everybody for their faults. W's Shotaro is this guy trying to come off as a hard boiled detective, but he often flies off the handle and can be goofy from time to time. being dumb has all kinds of different ways of being expressed.

I think Beowulf can easily be balanced as both the dummy and at the same time a strong fighter.

he could just be super shounen protag
not smart but boy does he have a good heart and is he good at fighting

or he could just be joseph joestar. A hotblooded idiot that happens to be clever as fuck

I think Beowulf can easily be balanced as both the dummy and at the same time a strong fighter.
I's not that I refuse to accept Beowulf as a dumbass, I'll accept him no matter what. As long as he isn't a douche.

I honestly believe that he has a good head on his shoulders, good enough to come out on top in a hopeless fight.

I feel he's more of a guy who loves a good fight. doesn't care about winning, but would love to put his skills to the test.

I feel he's more of a guy who loves a good fight. doesn't care about winning, but would love to put his skills to the test.
Well yeah that's a given but it has nothing to do with what we're talking about.

;D you just seem to be giving this "Beowulf will win no matter what" like, I think Beowulf couldn't care less about winning or losing, I think he just loves fighting and WRASSLIN'!

i imagine that he's perceptive and clever, maybe witty, but not necessarily intelligent.
like he understands things and knows when shit's up, but he doesn't have a PhD or anything.
maybe a BA in english or something, but that shit's useless

i imagine that he's perceptive and clever, maybe witty, but not necessarily intelligent.
like he understands things and knows when shit's up, but he doesn't have a PhD or anything.
maybe a BA in english or something, but that shit's useless
I'd also like to add that he most likely has an impeccable understanding of right and wrong. As someone who fights for the entertainment of the people he's probably faced with many moral dilemmas. He's definitely a good combat strategist as well, the Joseph Joestar similarities are slowly coming out of the woodwork.

The shounen protagonist archetype actually makes me a little mad. I would be a little upset if he ended up like that.

But that said, I always thought he wouldn't be stupid, per se, but not a genius either. Maybe well read, but that has to do with my headcanon of him being the librarian at a school during his retirement...uh... moving on.
I mean if you think about some other pro wrestlers(like WWE or something) they don't really seem to be dumb. I mean look at The Rock, he's a pretty hype dude, but he's clearly intelligent and has a sense of humor too, he's not a wall of meat, y'know? (Also that motherfucker has a bachelors in physiology and criminology, so I can't call him a slouch...)

Reactions: Shockdingo
I think that Beowulf is quick to catch on to things. He's a great wrestler and showman, so he can clearly read a situation and adapt to it quickly. So in that respect, he is very intelligent. To me it seems more of a question of what type of education does he have, and how much does he study/read/etc.

I wouldn't be surprised if he had a college-level education. I also see him as being a very upbeat and social guy and knows what's going on in the world. He probably reads pretty often, but I think he spends more time keeping in shape.

but I still would love if he did some botching from time to time in his gameplay. rolling around on the ground like he can't get up and fondling a razor would be perfect.

remember guys we can't make him too well-rounded
having the only playable dudes be the mentally/emotionally stable ones would come across as not good

remember guys we can't make him too well-rounded
having the only playable dudes be the mentally/emotionally stable ones would come across as not good
He loves fighting so much that he gladly fought a gigan (ripping his arm off) and his mother with only his bare hands and a folding chair. I'm sure there's something unstable in there somewhere.

Parasoul, Cerebella, and Filia are all just fine mentally/emotionally so I don't think it's is a problem for Beowulf to be a well rounded individual. Likewise Big Band probably isn't in the best shape since he's a giant cyborg cripple.
Though I'm willing to bet that Beowulf had a tough childhood growing up on the streets of New Meridian City.

It's still better than being coddled by the Mafia...
but I still would love if he did some botching from time to time in his gameplay. rolling around on the ground like he can't get up and fondling a razor would be perfect.
I support Beowulf using sells and botches as jokes and references sometimes, but we have to remember that in the Skullgirls Universe pro wrestling is real, people die in the ring. There's no reason for Beowulf to fake anything.

Last edited:
well, we only know of 2 who died in the ring. we don't technically know how wrestling is as a whole in SkullGirls world.

well, we only know of 2 who died in the ring. we don't technically know how wrestling is as a whole in SkullGirls world.
Actually Alex Ahad said that he wants to keep Grendel alive in Beowulf's story, he's not sure what to do with his Mother though.
Also Alex confirmed that in Skullgirls pro wrestling is in fact 100% real. There's probably a lot of showmanship involved for the entertainment of the crowd but when it comes down to it, somebody is getting their fucking arm ripped off.

Oh man. Level 3 super where Beowulf grabs the opponent with Grendel's arm and...

"LET'S GIVE 'EM A HAND FOLKS"

Hey I didn't say he'd grab them with that.

I have a head canon that since Cerebella is a huge fan of Beowulf she imitates some of his moves when she fights. Of course these moves pale in comparison to the real deal so maybe some of Beowulf's moves are actually super powered versions of Cerebella's moves.

Could you imagine an Ultimate Showstopper with Grendel's Arm?

I have a head canon that since Cerebella is a huge fan of Beowulf she imitates some of his moves when she fights. Of course these moves pale in comparison to the real deal so maybe some of Beowulf's moves are actually super powered versions of Cerebella's moves.

Could you imagine an Ultimate Showstopper with Grendel's Arm?
yes.

oh yes I can.

Zen, that is way too OP of an idea.
Hang on I'm making a post n the Retirement Thread about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.