• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Wulf Den

Status
Not open for further replies.
HYPE

5epupu4e.jpg

Oh yeah! So that's what it is?

Knowing that it's hold by people in modern clothes, confirmed that Beowulf is a dimension manipulator?

And that would explain why his name is derived from the Viking(?) age?

Knowing that it's hold by people in modern clothes, confirmed that Beowulf is a dimension manipulator?

nah...nahhh

Seems Beowulf slashes the fabric of space with The Hurting and behind is a set from which a prop assistant comes out.

*sniped*

Just a few hours I was musing how they might have started conceptualizing for Beowulf and, lo and behold, freakin' finished in-game frames. These people work FAST. 0_0

Mandatory IT HAS BEGUN.

Side note, you guys saw the Robo-Fortune screen? Maybe it's the blurriness but I dare say it looks nothing more than a Ms Fortune alternate palette.

It's more likely that it's just a cool wrestler themed intro that isn't supposed to be taken as a literal representation of his powers or skills. It looks cool but since he's the only character whose intro literally breaks the 4th wall it does raise an eyebrow.
Concepts still look cool though so I'll just follow the MST3K mantra. "It's just a showgame, I should really relax"

*sniped*
Just doing my job. :PUN:

Last edited:
Seems Beowulf slashes the fabric of space with The Hurting and behind is a set from which a prop assistant comes out.

*sniped*

Just a few hours I was musing how they might have started conceptualizing for Beowulf and, lo and behold, freakin' finished in-game frames. These people work FAST. 0_0

Mandatory IT HAS BEGUN.

Side note, you guys saw the Robo-Fortune screen? Maybe it's the blurriness but I dare say it looks nothing more than a Ms Fortune alternate palette.

well, robo is going to be done like fukua in some respects, reusing some of fortunes animations

not to be rude but stage crew has tended to wear similar clothing over the ages and his name is not from the viking age but from the poem "Beowulf" a poem questioning what is what separates monsters and people

I don't think he's really ripping through the stage itself. I think it's one of those large paper things that people run through and then the stage crew comes in to take it off screen.
Yeah it seems that Beowulf tears through the "Background", but it's really just a paper backdrop that the film crew carries away for his intro. That also means that it's tailored for every single stage, awesome.

I don't think he's really ripping through the stage itself. I think it's one of those large paper things that people run through and then the stage crew comes in to take it off screen.
That's would be a much better, and more diegetically coherent explanation. Beowulf takes his intros very seriously.

Br1ObBeCYAAU4fy.jpg:large
At the very top I see Beowulf doing the Hopak on his chair, I like that.
A very straightforward but vicious looking kick, also nice. I bet Beowulf will have plenty of smear animation.
That might be his crouch idle, but it also might not be. Either way it looks good, very feral.
COMMAND DASH CONFIRMED!?

So no one's just going to post the photos in here instead of linking to teeny tiny twitter? :P

Br1ObBeCYAAU4fy.jpg large.jpg

Looks like he won't have a "Wolf Stance" but instead flicks forward his hood for different moves maybe?

-------------

Br1OZnqCUAEfA6J.jpg large.jpg

Virtually the same height as Parasoul, though all his concepts and the entrance pose below have him standing with hunched shoulders, so in game he'll probably be decently shorter.

---------------------------

Br1OcVQCcAAQHfe.jpg large.jpg

As stated above it looks like Beo cuts through the backdrop with Hurting and steps through the hole. A stage hand then places an undamaged poster of the backdrop back in place over the hole.

From the order of the images, I don't think he breaks through a fake background that a stage hand then takes away, but is literally breaking through the backdrop. Note in the 5th image that the stage hand is standing behind the tear while holding a new, undamaged image of the backdrop.
I'm not sure these are finished frames. They could just be decently polished concept sketches. I could be wrong but his proportions seem kinda off in them. It'd also be decidedly strange for them to finish Beo frames before Eliza has even half her colored frames done.

Link to the image? Haven't seen it yet.

Last edited:
Thanks! I was about to do it but I was on mobile and I wanted to put them in a spoiler.

Last edited:
The attack concept image really makes me want to see him in motion. That kick and stance makes it seem like his fighting style is going to look a bit on the feral side of things.

If he ends up being one of my favorite characters, I'm going to feel like I ate crow for initially disliking him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back