• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Wulf Den

Status
Not open for further replies.
c.lp is a shotei as well.

A beat em up style grappler tho wonders never cease.

-s.LP is the Hogan ear. Apparently will have some kind of effect later.

My guess right now. If he hits you and it's a counter hit, it will either be a stagger or a crumple. Most likely a stagger.

ALSO, YO ZANGIEF KNEE ATTACK AS BEO'S J.MK GET HYPE FOR THE :360:'s

Hear me out hear..what if his grab..has multiple follow ups..sort of like a running stance char?

Haggar in final fight could hold a guy and punch, throw a dude, or piledrive them with impunity. So different buttons for different grabs, moves, strikes, somewhere between 3 and 7 hypothetical options? Oh my.

And very different from Bella. Really exudes the whole "you don't want the grappler to get hold of you" thing, along with his larger silhouette and gief walk.

And yeah what ninja said about 360s.

WELP. Beowulf got shown off today. The things:

-s.LP is the Hogan ear. Apparently will have some kind of effect later.
-c.HP when he doesn't have the chair is a gigantic armored anti-air move that uses Grendel's arm. Doesn't chain into or from anything but can be comboed off of otg.
-HE CAN MOVE AROUND WHEN HE GRABS PEOPLE. Forget command grabs, this guy is a true grappler.
I don't usually play grapplers because I don't like sacrificing mobility for power, but moving while grabbing might sell Beowulf to me. Can't wait for next update where we can potentially see the chair in action.

FUCKING FUCK.
AGAIN, I FUCKING MISSED BEOWULF AGAIN.
FUCK THIS FORUM AND FUCK ITS MODS AND FUCK EVERYTHING.
I much rather prefer @DDB and his Annie posts to stuff like this.

I much rather prefer you GO TO HELL.

Dedicated discussion about Beowulf's gameplay and development goes on in the Retiring from Retirement Thread. Here is the thread where I get to bitch, deal with it. Now someone tell me what happened!?

Not much to say that hasn't already been said.
He's got block animations.
He's got a static image of the Hurting that sticks to his back.
He's got s.LP, c.HP without chair, j.MK, and a grab that doesn't do anything.
And eventually if he blocks without his chair it'll be his championship belt.

Dedicated discussion about Beowulf's gameplay and development goes on in the Retiring from Retirement Thread. Here is the thread where I get to bitch, deal with it. Now someone tell me what happened!?
mmmmmmmmhhhhh Nu~

Ninjaface.png

Dedicated discussion about Beowulf's gameplay and development goes on in the Retiring from Retirement Thread. Here is the thread where I get to bitch, deal with it.
DIG YOUR CLAWS INTO MY ORGANS! STRETCH INTO MY TENDONS! BURY YOUR ANCHORS INTO MY BONES FOR THE POWER OF THE SNIPER WILL ALWAYS PREVAIL!

seriously though, you need to try and lighten up

Edit: Twitch archive is up. Beowulf info @5:35

Last edited:
Not much to say that hasn't already been said.
DETAILS MAN. What do the attacks look like!? I can clearly see Grendel's Arm in that one picture!
I also hear people mentioning that he can grab while moving, you're holding out on me!
mmmmmmmmhhhhh Nu~
NERD. YOU'RE A NERD, NINJA.

Reactions: chickenwithtie
FUCKING FUCK.
AGAIN, I FUCKING MISSED BEOWULF AGAIN.
FUCK THIS FORUM AND FUCK ITS MODS AND FUCK EVERYTHING.

I love you too.

DETAILS MAN. What do the attacks look like!? I can clearly see Grendel's Arm in that one picture!
I also hear people mentioning that he can grab while moving, you're holding out on me!

Imagine Beowulf holding the back of Filia's head, lifting her off the ground.
Now imagine they're doing that on an ice rink.
And after about 2 seconds Filia breaks out of it.
That's all.

This woman will never equal the massive SEX APPEAL that accompanies Beowulf wherever he goes and she knows it.
9ercnDL.png

Lookit the lighting on that dong mmm yep

FLEXING
HOGAN'S EAR
PALM THRUSTS
BEAT 'EM UP STYLE GRABS
GRENDEL'S ARM IS A NORMAL
A FUCKING NORMAL AND IT LOOKS LIKE A SUPER
IMAGINE WHAT HIS ACTUAL GRENDEL'S ARM SUPER WILL BE LIKE

I have gripes though. I still don't like how he stands up straight just to walk backwards, that's old though.
Another gripe. I hope that his use of Hammer Space remains limited to Grendel's Arm and his championship belt.
I'm not a fan of that, I think it looks dumb on Valentine.
Mmmmmmmmmmhhh you just jelly cause I saw Beo and you didn't.
I'm going to name a Pokémon after you in my Nuzlocke and immediately kill it.

Mike Z:
We decided to do the opposite of the normal thing which is if you lose your weapon then your moves get smaller and stupider.
In this case when he has the chair it'll be something else and when he doesn't have the chair it'll be this. *GIGANTIC GIGAN FIST*

Beowulf being a stronger warrior without his weapon. That stays true to the legend, I love it.

Reactions: Kuzlalala
I wonder what incentives holding the chair will have though.
No chip damage, since the things unbreakable?

1T9do5W.png

Beowulf's first colored frame.
it... It... IT'S BEO-TIFUL~!

*gets dropped kick away from the bad pun*

YEAH BUT HAVE YOU SEEN HIS FACE WHILE HOLDING THAT GIANT ARM IT'S FUCKIN HILARIOUS
tumblr_nbtwmv9rLl1r8n1s8o1_500.png
Makes a lot of sense that he got buffed... coz carrying that thing must've been one heck of an exercise. (And wouldn't that have rotten away by now? Unless Gigan's take years to rot... I know, fighting game logic *hand waves* )

I wonder what incentives holding the chair will have though.
No chip damage, since the things unbreakable?

probably a crouching HP that combos too? I think we can decipher that from his non chair one eating OTGs.

ALSO 2 MUCH HAIP. SOMEONE HOLD ME *shivers*

OOOOOOOOOOOOOH I SAW THE STREAM RECORDINGS TODAY AND I. AM. FANGIRLING!!

I love Beowulf's Grendel's Arm face it's so Beowulf I mean it's the best Beo face so far, beating his face when he moves backwards!

I want to wear my Wulf Pack shirt every time I watch Beowulf's stream and also once Beowulf is officially released!

OOOOOOOOOOOOOH I SAW THE STREAM RECORDINGS TODAY AND I. AM. FANGIRLING!!

I love Beowulf's Grendel's Arm face it's so Beowulf I mean it's the best Beo face so far, beating his face when he moves backwards!

I want to wear my Wulf Pack shirt every time I watch Beowulf's stream and also once Beowulf is officially released!
Aye then Do So Lass. WE ARE THE WULF PACK WE WORK AS ONE. WE ARE THE LOYAL FOLLOWERS TO OUR LEADER, THE ONE, THE ONLY, THE CANOPY KINGDOM CHAMPION.... BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEOOOOOOOOOOWWWUUUUUUUULLLLFFFFFFF~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey, maybe we can take a photo of ourselves wearing the Wulf Pack shirt!

Just a thought.

Although my shirt's most likely gonna come on October.

Nobody in here likes to show their cute faces, sadly
If I could afford the shirt I would join you, Lala ;; Hope you'll enjoy it!

Haha... yeah. tbh I plan not to show my face either but ok then.

Status
Not open for further replies.