• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Twitch Plays Pokemon

If you want to remove democracy mode, get together a hundred friends and have them all type "start9" every time it goes to democracy.

Reactions: klaww
Democracy mode should only be used for places that would otherwise be impossible, like the maze and inevitable victory road.
I agree, while it may be fun watching thousands of people playing the same game at once, it isn't any fun being stuck in the same spot for fucking forever.

Giovanni Round 2 motherfuckers. Right now, DUX making a stand against onix!!!

Reactions: Arcana
GIOVANNI IS DEFEATED
Truly a glorious victory for the feathered members of DUX and Bird Jesus

we couldnt have done it without the divine powers of the helix fossil :')

EDIT: Did he leave the silph scope behind?

FFFUUUUUUUUUUCCCKKK

BAHAHAHA, now to go back through that chaos, if only they kept Flareon, it would of helped them. Also this is keeping me from seeing the chat go crazy about the Lavender Town theme, with all of these prophets, that song is bound to have a name.

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ Raise your votes ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

Democracy is happening.

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ Raise your votes ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

Democracy is happening.

At least until the Start9-ers show up. And did. Sigh.

Aaaaaaand we're back to dicking around Celadon.

Pic train can't stop won't stop
tumblr_n180vjfhBV1ttwscto1_500.gif

RIP Pokemon.png

I love Anarchy, looks like someone cause a game reset, thank god for all of those saves... and a save state PRAISE FLAREON
Kappa.gif

Reactions: Broseidon Rex
how do they restart it?
Do they somehow do simultaneous inputs?

how do they restart it?
Do they somehow do simultaneous inputs?
A+B Start + Select restarts a Game Boy

Edit: and seeing how Start9 is possible as well as downright, I would guess this would be possible too

Time to make some cash out of this, and what better way than shirts?
FREEEEEDOOOOOM!!!

THEY GOT THE SILPH SCOPE!!!

Except this kind of format doesn't work at all with most games.
I could see it working with some basic turn based games like final fantasy or chrono trigger. It just might be a little boring since it's so linear.
The only other game that I could see something like this really working with is fire emblem. It's simple enough, and the salt that would happen when you lose random fan favorite team members nearly instantly because someone tried to charge into battle would be priceless.
It could also maybe work okay with a really traditional roguelike, like dungeons of dredmor or nethack. It has a little too complex controls but the hilarious moments are still there, when good runs are killed because people strip your character of their weapon and armor or charge into a room full of high level enemies.
I also thought it might be funny if you did it for just the dialogue trees in the walking dead, but the puzzles would be impossible and the qte's would be doable but mostly really boring.

Reactions: DARKNESSxEAGLE
A+B Start + Select restarts a Game Boy

Edit: and seeing how Start9 is possible as well as downright, I would guess this would be possible too
hmm do they all of them as repeating inputs? I know that is soft restart but I didn't know multiple inputs was possible.

Somebody restarted the Gameboy emulator once during the first hour of the stream, and after that, the guy hosting the show adjusted his code so that the Gameboy emulator could never be reset again. That's not something that anyone has to worry about anymore.

Here's my take on the whole Anarchy vs Democracy debate.

Reactions: SanoBaron
But half the fun of the stream is to watch the players run into walls and make dumb decisions.

Reactions: Tomo009
If the point was to get through the game via consensus and few hiccups, it might as well had been one guy playing alongside an RNG to spice things up, and taking suggestions from Twitch chat for good measure.

So someeebod5 actually reset the game? This is worse than the ledge

Are those shirts real I would totally buy the anarchy one~

Oh hey we're in the town of the Dead Prophets.

Reactions: Denizen and Arcana
Holy shit... After going back to the pc for some reason we lost the helix fossil, and in the mission to get it back out we have now released hitmonlee and x-wing bat. We lost the only decently leveled pokemon we have that isn't pidgeot for the sake of our fake religion.
Lol, all the people that said we couldn't get our items back without democracy and we do it anyway.
I'm gonna love it when we turn the helix fossil into an omanyte and people immediately make a move to release the omanyte.

Reactions: TailsWorld1
we also deposited the silph scope, so we HAD to go back, even if it weren't for the helix

C3KO, we hardly knew ye.
But you would have been really useful against rocks which is the one thing pidgeot can't kill.
So fuck the guy who released you.

I actually like the Democracy and Anarchy system. Both result in different levels and styles of chaos, and the ability to force it to change from one to the other gives the game another level of intrigue and suspense.

Plus, Democracy still leads to some silly actions. After they finished taking like 5 minutes to finish talking to an NPC, an overwhelming vote forced them back into talking to the NPC again. Probably not the best example, but I haven't watched quite enough of the game to give a better one.

I for one am okay with democracy BECAUSE THEY WERE IN CELADON CITY FOR OVER 3 HOURS YESTERDAY! its entertaining to see them struggle but it gets SUPER old watching them go in circles for the millionth time.