• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

UK Skullgirls meetup @ Heart of Gaming

bigbandpro69

EU OFFLINE FURRY
Reaction score
Steam
id/arekso
Beowulf Big Band
As the local skullgirls scene in UK isn't too hot right now, me and @Mr Peck would like a meetup to happen sometime soon. The meetup would take place at the Heart of Gaming arcade in London. Obviously not everyone lives close to this venue, but if you do, great!

Info:
The Heart Of Gaming
10 Cullen Way
Park Royal
London
NW10 6JZ

www.theheartofgaming.com/

The meetup is happening! Check out more details here: http://skullgirls.com/forums/index.php?threads/oct-25-2014-dont-think-fight-london-park-royal.5208/
Finished!

02/01/2015 update
With the last meetup being a general success, there is a possibility of another taking place sometime in 2015. If you would like this to happen, reply with something saying so. It would also be helpful to suggest dates that might be better for holding the event. Please only support this if you would actually go, so we can get an accurate estimate of attendants. There isn't a set date for this as of now, but this may well change in the future.

Last edited:
Hi! I'd go to the HoG sometime! We had a couple of Skullgirls tournaments there way back in the SDE pre-PC days and it was fun. There are probably a bunch of UK players who weren't playing the game back then, so it would be great to meet them too!

Totally up for this.
Depends the date though, as I will have to take the plane or drive ~6hours to get there.

Reactions: Mr Peck
I would love to come, it would be best for me on a Saturday because of school and I personally am a PS3 controller player but I'm pretty sure I can connect my controller to the computer if you do PC!

I wanted to try doing this a few months ago, but Iam fairly new to SG scene. At the moment I run StreetFighter x Tekken every other Monday done this for about a year. I was trying to run SG Along side it. There's no pc at the HOG and atm I think theres 1 Xbox and 1 Pc with SG on it. We normally get streamed aswell as myself bringing my laptop and avermedia to record of stream matchs. Let me know what you guys think about running the 2 side by side or if you got any question. I think it will be hard to do SG On any other day. Weekends will be very and want have the stream. Friday is tekken tourney, Thursday hog is closed, Tuesday is ANIME but I don't think they are getting streamed anymore, not sure what happens on Wednesday.

Let's drag HowToRead there.

@C4IQ MOP Are there any players that already regularly go to HoG that would be interested? Most of the UK players I know wouldn't be able to attend regular events (travel costs, work/school clashes, etc.). SG community is pretty small in the UK and most people are scattered all over the place so if there's anyone who'd be interested that already turns up for things at HoG then they could be useful to expand the number of attendees.

Maybe consider not making it a regular event and instead a once-a-month or once-every-few-months kind of thing because I'm not sure numbers are going to fit with anything else.

We'll that's why I think it would b best to run along my SFxT tourney. It's bi weekly (every other Monday, twice a month I think is good for a small community) I would say out of us SFxT guys we have 3 intermediate level (including myself) players and 3 people that are beginners. So it's a start I'll b traveling from Essex by car so I normally pick up anyone that is on my way to the HOG. On average we get around 10 people for SFxT I spoke with the manager Mark and bow we pay £5 entry (other days your looking at bout £10 to get in the HOG one reason why we choice Mondays)

We'll that's why I think it would b best to run along my SFxT tourney. It's bi weekly (every other Monday, twice a month I think is good for a small community) I would say out of us SFxT guys we have 3 intermediate level (including myself) players and 3 people that are beginners. So it's a start I'll b traveling from Essex by car so I normally pick up anyone that is on my way to the HOG. On average we get around 10 people for SFxT I spoke with the manager Mark and bow we pay £5 entry (other days your looking at bout £10 to get in the HOG one reason why we choice Mondays)
I think the weekend is a good time for the meetup to happen, and it could work with a tournament on monday. The only problem with this is that hosting the meetup on saturday and having the tournament on monday would leave a 1 day gap inbetween, which isn't that great. Instead, the tournament could be done on sunday, to close the 1 day gap. This would be ideal as we could get everybody who lives outside of london back home before monday for work/school/whatever. If this isn't an option, we could have the meetup on sunday instead. Also, could I please know when you plan to host the tournament, on sunday (if possible) or on monday? Thanks.

On
@C4IQ MOP Are there any players that already regularly go to HoG that would be interested? Most of the UK players I know wouldn't be able to attend regular events (travel costs, work/school clashes, etc.). SG community is pretty small in the UK and most people are scattered all over the place so if there's anyone who'd be interested that already turns up for things at HoG then they could be useful to expand the number of attendees.

Maybe consider not making it a regular event and instead a once-a-month or once-every-few-months kind of thing because I'm not sure numbers are going to fit with anything else.

Once a month is great for me but I can even do every fortnight! (with the exception of days when I'm not available)

I would definitely come on Saturday but I can't on any other days :C

I'll look forward to it.

Reactions: Twisted-Humour
What system are we playing on? As I've already said, I can only do PC or PS3 but I can't do Xbox.

i'd def be up for this! HOG sounds like a great venue. all depends on when it's hosted obvs

I would say yes but I don't really have the means of getting there.

What system are we playing on? As I've already said, I can only do PC or PS3 but I can't do Xbox.
We'll be playing on PS3 in the HOG and probably playing on laptops in the hotel.

From what I remember only 1 ps3 and 1 xbox has skullgirls on it. I have a couple of converters if push comes to shove. As for Sunday's that want happen they hold datasets (which is there USF4 rabbit series) and every other Sunday is "welcome to die" (UMVC3) there no way will get on a station let alone on stream. They don't have pcs there. If you did wanna set something up I could talk to mark (manager of the HOG) to get SkullGirls on some more station.

If it's a one time meat up and I can show Mark a good turn out numbers why's he may allow a lockin. I mean staying in a arcade for 2days is everyone's cup of tea. But expense why and convenience it's great. This is a shower there aswell. Again it's a possibility, Mark ows me a favour so I could sort something out. But it's upta you guys I'll b the middle man aslong as you guys can teach me some SG stuff in return.lol

From what I remember only 1 ps3 and 1 xbox has skullgirls on it. I have a couple of converters if push comes to shove. As for Sunday's that want happen they hold datasets (which is there USF4 rabbit series) and every other Sunday is "welcome to die" (UMVC3) there no way will get on a station let alone on stream. They don't have pcs there. If you did wanna set something up I could talk to mark (manager of the HOG) to get SkullGirls on some more station.
As we don't know how many of us are available for the monday tournament, we're going to have the meetup on saturday, as some of us will be travelling multiple hours to get here (by plane, train or whatever) and probably have to get back in time for monday for work/school/whatever. There may be some people who do turn out to be available for it.

If it's a one time meat up and I can show Mark a good turn out numbers why's he may allow a lockin. I mean staying in a arcade for 2days is everyone's cup of tea. But expense why and convenience it's great. This is a shower there aswell. Again it's a possibility, Mark ows me a favour so I could sort something out. But it's upta you guys I'll b the middle man aslong as you guys can teach me some SG stuff in return.lol
As far as a lock in goes, it sounds like a possibility if we turn up in a sufficient amount, and enough people are willing to stay in overnight. You would have to wait until we start getting RSVP's for the event (which should be fairly soon) so please look out for that! Thanks.

Reactions: C4IQ MOP
How long will the tournament in the HOG be?
I need to know so I can see if I need to stay in London overnight!

Oh and I forgot, please do talk to mark about getting skullgirls on more stations! Thank you.

Here's the event thread where you can RSVP if you're going or not: http://skullgirls.com/forums/index.php?threads/oct-25-2014-dont-think-fight-london-park-royal.5208/

Hotel!?
How long will the tournament in the HOG be?
I need to know so I can see if I need to stay in London overnight!
Sorry, scratch that. We decided to have the meetup on Saturday October 25th, with the possibility of having an overnight session in the HoG. I guess you could stay in the hotel if you don't like sleeping on arcade floors.

I plan on spending my birthday at the HOG, maybe our tournament could use a sequel?
My birthday is in February, if anyone wants to go I shall post further details

I was going to post asking if people would attend another event, actually! I'm not certain about dates as of now, we would need some people to show interest in another local first. I would go, hopefully with cheaper travel prices (spent around 100 pounds on train tickets last time) and with more players there. Personally, I think it would be better to do it in summer since the weather is better as well as the atmosphere. To thread lurkers + forum members, please share your thoughts on attending a local at the HOG and when it should be held. Thanks!

Enjoyed it last time!

Will come again if we're up for it

wanna but not sure if canna
:/

:\

I spoke with my dad and we agreed on a date: Saturday 21st of February. This is the only thing I could want to do for my birthday so I would like to spend it doing what I love most!

PS: If anyone has any alternate games they play that would be great but we'll discuss.

Sounds great! Any excuse to go to the HoG and play Skullgirls is good for me.

if you guyz are still doing this in december i may be able to make it down lol.