• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Under Night In-Birth developers interested in adding a Skullgirls character to the roster!

She'll never be like the BEST shoto, Sean, so there's no real point in making the comparison

Regardless of other inspirations, Filia's the closest thing Skullgirls has to a shoto and she's always been meant as the character for beginners (like shotos are, in general). Ergo, she is the game's designated shoto.

Last edited:
If Filia was ever added in Unib, Akatsuki or Hyde would fit the mold better for a more traditional Shoto archetype character. Filia would be a hybrid at best since she has the tools (zone tool, DP tool, ground/air variant rushdown tool) to mimic as one, but not particularly play as one.

Filia is already pleasantly plump
so probably already some obese filia art out there
I meant more Weight Gain art.
But sure definitely.

but yeah, guess we'll have to wait and see.
I do hope this comes out on Steam eventually.
Shit'd be hype

She sure ain't chunky in the UNiB art style rendition though lol

5BDB52787075C5B0615ECCC1FC902FAB847C59A5

Think her breasts got bigger though?

yeah Filia is all about the thighs and the rump (though she does have some nice mamms)
hopefully they rectify that if they put her in the game

Reactions: No longer exist
Regardless of other inspirations, Filia's the closest thing Skullgirls has to a shoto and she's always been meant as the character for beginners (like shotos are, in general). Ergo, she is the game's designated shoto.
But not the only one, if non-standard motions and lacking a Tatsu count. Here's a hint: :PUN:

She isnt chunky in that because that version actually uses normal human proportions, Instead of the altered SG style.

Also that rack definitely went up a few cup sizes for sure.

And Jutsei, @BrandX+ started it. Blame him lol.

Samson is clearly on a diet during UNiB, it will be a central plot point for the Filia story. Very plausible judging on how silly the Sion and Akatsuki story was.

So Filia is in or whatever? Or was that just some messing around art they put up?

It was neither confirmed nor denied. There has been suggestive hints, but nothing decisive yet like a reveal trailer. UNiB development could be finished or on hold.

French Bread is currently co-working Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax.

Essentially this is a speculation thread so far.

Reactions: Blazrman
no 360?

oh well, time to wait for PC version.

c'mon, French Bread, Melty started on PC after all.

Sweeeeeet X3

How dare they try to slim down our squishy mafia princess?

Reactions: CapnWTF
no 360?

oh well, time to wait for PC version.

c'mon, French Bread, Melty started on PC after all.

I dunno, apparently ASW's handling this. They don't really have a good history with PC releases.

Better get dat English Translation.
Probably not necessary IMO. PS3 is region free (cept for fucking p4a), and French Bread seems to be pretty bad at bringing stuff over. I'd just import it asap myself.

As for the story, you could always just find a translation online and read it as you play if you're into the story.

chubby or thin my filia is still filia, so I welcome her in any shape or form -w-

I'm sorry slender legs Filia looks great and sassy at the same time, and the fact that I would love her in UNiB as she is in their style.

Reactions: Lunerstep
well
best bet is that they'll add two characters
adding only one for the console release is kinda strange and make the roster uneven
We're probably getting Nanase and Wagner if anyone, but another guest would be welcome, I suppose

Reactions: Riah
also guys, shouldn't we be more open to characters being interpreted different when they're done in someone else's artstyle? I mean, Alex's style for Filia is THE Filia, but that doesnt mean someone can't mix it up in their own style. Lets let UNiB draw her how they like her, so long as it isn't being disrespectful.

Yeah honestly I agree with Sano on this one heck I'd love to see any of the characters of skullgirls done in there or a different art style....hmm I wonder how they'd do Annie or Double now that I think about it 030

Also props to you Sano for respecting a different take on Filia X3

Reactions: DDB
Wait, there was some talk about an UNIB remix of the Skullgirls main theme, but I cannot find it anywhere...
Could someone please link me to it?

also guys, shouldn't we be more open to characters being interpreted different when they're done in someone else's artstyle? I mean, Alex's style for Filia is THE Filia, but that doesnt mean someone can't mix it up in their own style. Lets let UNiB draw her how they like her, so long as it isn't being disrespectful.
Yeah but there's a difference between someone's art style and actually depicting a character correctly.
Filia has HUGE thighs, that's the only part they're getting wrong.

Reactions: Icky and Denizen
Yeah but there's a difference between someone's art style and actually depicting a character correctly.
Filia has HUGE thighs, that's the only part they're getting wrong.
Yeah, it's actually a highlighted aspect of her design on the SG design documents. It's a bit silly (and demonstrates a limited design perspective) to just make her rake thin.

Reactions: Denizen and Icky
My body is ready