• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Upstaged! OFFICIAL NEW Squigly 240 Undizzy Combo Thread

But... you know, I just broke 7k in like 10 minutes (well... disregarding practicality. then again who is actually doing these full combos if they don't kill instead of resetting somewhere in the middle). You're leaving damage on the table with your jump loops, Nuuance.

7017 damage, no stance, no meter

cr.LK cr.MK s.HP[2] stancel
cr.LK s.HP[2] xx Chord
s.HK, jump
(delay, character specific*) j.MK[4] j.HP
rejump, (instant) j.LK j.MK[3] j.HK xx HK Divekick
dash, [OTG] cr.LP s.MP cr.HP xx Arpeggio

If you don't want to sideswitch, you can squeeze in a cr.MK somewhere in the earlier parts of the combo or something like that. Loses out on ~200 damage.

* Generally, just before the jump apex, not at the earliest possible moment. This is weight dependant - do it later for lightweights, earlier for heavyweights. Double is so fat you have to do instant j.MK[3] instead for the combo to work.

But... you know, I just broke 7k in like 10 minutes (well... disregarding practicality. then again who is actually doing these full combos if they don't kill instead of resetting somewhere in the middle). You're leaving damage on the table with your jump loops, Nuuance.

7017 damage, no stance, no meter

cr.LK cr.MK s.HP[2] stancel
cr.LK s.HP[2] xx Chord
s.HK, jump
(delay, character specific*) j.MK[4] j.HP
rejump, (instant) j.LK j.MK[3] j.HK xx HK Divekick
dash, [OTG] cr.LP s.MP cr.HP xx Arpeggio

If you don't want to sideswitch, you can squeeze in a cr.MK somewhere in the earlier parts of the combo or something like that. Loses out on ~200 damage.

* Generally, just before the jump apex, not at the earliest possible moment. This is weight dependant - do it later for lightweights, earlier for heavyweights. Double is so fat you have to do instant j.MK[3] instead for the combo to work.
....ummm well I'm doing these full combos. If it's not practical just doing a full combo two times (maybe 3 max or 2 with one diveunder reset before the jump chains) and getting a kill...I'm fine with that. But yeah I only wanted combos light-medium difficulty for online practicality. Even my bnb stancel is a bit much but it was the best I came up with

The c.lk on stancel is too much imo...really droppable. Cool for finding the combo for sure :) although You say no stance but doing a stanceless stancel is kinda harder than charged stancel to a c.mp :/

@PandaGirlBingo it's pretty much a harder, but more damaging variation of mine really optimized. In my vid I only said mine were 99%* optimized for practicality :( but I'm amazed at rv00 for realz. Unfortunately I can't perform it :( but I guess it's cool though, I honestly am always charging more than I realize. Only takes a second literally :) and damage is 7.3k from
That so I'm cool.

P.S. I updated the OP w/the 2 new BnBs I adopted

Last edited:
Pffft, in real matches I panic-confirm everything into chord and mentally facepalm through the entire jump loop afterwards. :)

But if we're talking damage - of full combos, which are really prone to leaving the opponent with like four meters for their anchor Double - as long as it's theoretically possible and off a sane hitconfirm, it's fair game. Personally I seldom, if ever, want to do a full combo in resetgirls that doesn't outright kill.

The c.lk on stancel is too much imo...really droppable. Cool for finding the combo for sure :) although You say no stance but doing a stanceless stancel is kinda harder than charged stancel to a c.mp :/

5HP HP xx stancel > 2LK is pretty easy to hit consistently, I use it as my BnB hitconfirm with squigly.

You don't want to chord before 7 or at least 6 hits, so it works out well to do a stancel into another string before chord.

...I'm the last person you need to tell that to. My hitconfirms are just a bad habit.

I was doing some training room shennigens, the first time in a long, long while and I decided "I should probably fix my Squigly BnB" Which previously did about 6.5k.
With some tips from some other Squigly players, I threw this together.

mk, hp, stancelx2, mp, hp, stancel, lp, mp, hp, stancel, lk, mk, hk, j.lk, j.lp, j.mk, j.hk, divehk, QCF mk, grab/daisy pusher

With Daisy Pusher it's 7.8k and with regular grab it's 7.2k, so tell me what you guys think?

I was doing some training room shennigens, the first time in a long, long while and I decided "I should probably fix my Squigly BnB" Which previously did about 6.5k.
With some tips from some other Squigly players, I threw this together.

mk, hp, stancelx2, mp, hp, stancel, lp, mp, hp, stancel, lk, mk, hk, j.lk, j.lp, j.mk, j.hk, divehk, QCF mk, grab/daisy pusher

With Daisy Pusher it's 7.8k and with regular grab it's 7.2k, so tell me what you guys think?
cool beans bro :) i made my combo vid with the combos i found and if it helped you do your thing along with the other people who contributed such great material, then good job. Only thing id say is it's not really typical to write up combos starting midway with a s/c.mk...it just doesnt happen in-game...but anyways it's whatever, nice one.

cool beans bro :) i made my combo vid with the combos i found and if it helped you do your thing along with the other people who contributed such great material, then good job. Only thing id say is it's not really typical to write up combos starting midway with a s/c.mk...it just doesnt happen in-game...but anyways it's whatever, nice one.
Yeah I know but I'm not sure how much more damage I could rack up with it otherwise.

Hey hey guys here's a universal thing without a charge or meter (timing is different on the air part for the heavier characters but it works on errybody) for about 7.5-8k damage.

j :HK: :F:Fallen Woman M :F: cr :LK: :F:cr :MK: :F: st :HP:(2 hits) :F: Lv.1 Stancel :F: st :LP:(2) :F: st :HP:(2 hits) :F: Silver Cord :F: st :HK: :F: j :MK: (about 3-4 hits to land, varies on characters, preferable to just do 1-2 hits with heavy peeps) :F: j :HP: :F: land, then jump :F: j :LP: :F: j :MK: (all hits) :F: j :HK: :F: Fallen Woman M :F: cr :LK: :F: cr :MK: :F: st :HP:(2 hits) :F: Drag N' Bite (aka no no no bad levi)

And if you just happen you have a Dragon's Breath charge well here you go

j :HK: :F:Fallen Woman M :F: cr :LK: :F:cr :MK: :F: st :HP:(2 hits) :F: Lv.2 Stancel :F: st :MP: :F: *cr :HP:(all hits) :F: Lv.2 Stancel :F: cr :MK: :F: *cr :HP:(all hits) :F: Silver Cord :F: st :HK: :F: j :LP: :F: j :MK: (all hits) :F: j :HK: :F: Fallen Woman M :F: cr :LK: :F: cr :MK: :F: st :HP:(2 hits) :F: Seria Drag N' Bite (aka DAMN LEVI CALM YOUR TITS)

*1 and *2: You can put in st :HP: at these places if you want for a bit more damage, but I like cr :HP: because it helps me stancel better for some reason (actually I'm a fraud okay).

I only use the Serpent's Tail Seria moves for zoning and such not really combos so if anyone could help with that that'd be super cool

For you Big Band Brass Knuckles H assist carrying people who have a Dragon's Breath charge ready and 3 meters to spend:

j :HK: :F:Fallen Woman M :F: cr :LK: :F:cr :MK: :F: st :HP:(2 hits) :F: Lv.2 Stancel :F: st :MP: :F: cr :HP:(all hits) :F: call in the band :F: Seria Center Stage :F: immediate cancel into SBO :F: cr :MK: :F: st :HK: :F: j :LP: :F: j :MK: (all hits) :F: j :HK: :F: Fallen Woman M :F: cr :LK: :F: cr :MK: :F: *cr :HP:(all hits) :F: Arpeggio* :F: SBO :F: Silver Cord :F: Push Some Daisies

From *1 to *2: Wait out the cr :HP: until the last hit then cancel into Arpeggio. Then wait out until the last hit of that so the character moves as far away from you as possible so SBO can easily connect.

Last edited:
I guess a combo confirm from H divekick it a good thing to see for sure. The BB I won't even look at since I don't play him lol. Why all the spoiler tags though...kind of that that unnecessary. Anyways, if you can make videos that'd be great too.

P.S. Team/assist/DHC combos go in the team synergy thread. I actually just made a raw tag 8k Squigs/Fukui combo :)

Reactions: Clawsome Bombs
OK, am I completely mis-remembering my frame data? Isn't grave digger really unsafe?

I guess a combo confirm from H divekick it a good thing to see for sure. The BB I won't even look at since I don't play him lol. Why all the spoiler tags though...kind of that that unnecessary. Anyways, if you can make videos that'd be great too.

P.S. Team/assist/DHC combos go in the team synergy thread. I actually just made a raw tag 8k Squigs/Fukui combo :)

Oh sorry, I was using a lot of those button icons and thought it would look really messy in the buff. I'll take those spoilers off now.

All I have is my cell phone for vids, so even if it does work, it won't look pretty

Currently going to cross post in the Team Synergy thread now.

Oh sorry, I was using a lot of those button icons and thought it would look really messy in the buff. I'll take those spoilers off now.

All I have is my cell phone for vids, so even if it does work, it won't look pretty

Currently going to cross post in the Team Synergy thread now.
Better than nothing . Especially if you can keep it still and catch the whole screen. Also, H divekick is SUPER unsafe...it's more of a punish/air-confirm...but using it as a dependable starter isn't too great at all.

Also, H divekick is SUPER unsafe...it's more of a punish/air-confirm...but using it as a dependable starter isn't too great at all.

Look again
All those combos start with j HK man not Fallen Woman H

Uhh... the part with J.MK (2), J.HP, and then J.LP and onwards? Does this mean I'm only supposed hit j.mk two times? And how do I land j.Lp after landing on the ground?

This part is confusing me greatly and I can't do it.

Uhh... the part with J.MK (2), J.HP, and then J.LP and onwards? Does this mean I'm only supposed hit j.mk two times? And how do I land j.Lp after landing on the ground?

This part is confusing me greatly and I can't do it.

Oops sorry dude
I meant do two hits on j.mk (so press it and wait like half a second before pressing j.hp)
And yeah after j.hp land, then jump again to get j.lp onwards

Oooooooohh, gotcha. Still don't understand this character very well, but at least this opens another bridge for me. Thanx

Look again
All those combos start with j HK man not Fallen Woman H
Ohh my bad lol. But then again Why would you do M divekick when you clearly have a good confirm for H divekick...? But to be honest starting any combo from j.hk isn't a great idea either. Scaling is horrible. This is the main reason why I always delay after the next move because it catches people off guard, but just start combos with one divekick if possible. I mean you obviously do whatcha gotta do but just saying and I still don't know how much damage this does :p but what I can tell already is that you need the assist early. Like after the first chain or even in it so you don't count it in IPS. Also, daisy pusher around 8/9th hit is good to for scaling after a silver chord. Then after that feel free to get your multi-hit on. But yeah, most damaging stuff first...then small hits at the end :D big bands assist does how much damage? 1.3-1.5k?? It does a lot just for one hit. Put it in the beginning so you get that damage.

Ohh my bad lol. But then again Why would you do M divekick when you clearly have a good confirm for H divekick...? But to be honest starting any combo from j.hk isn't a great idea either. Scaling is horrible. This is the main reason why I always delay after the next move because it catches people off guard, but just start combos with one divekick if possible. I mean you obviously do whatcha gotta do but just saying and I still don't know how much damage this does :p but what I can tell already is that you need the assist early. Like after the first chain or even in it so you don't count it in IPS. Also, daisy pusher around 8/9th hit is good to for scaling after a silver chord. Then after that feel free to get your multi-hit on. But yeah, most damaging stuff first...then small hits at the end :D big bands assist does how much damage? 1.3-1.5k?? It does a lot just for one hit. Put it in the beginning so you get that damage.

In order of your inquiry:

-I do M Divekick cause I need the OTG for the cr.mk>st.hk after the first SBO in the Band combo (everything else I dunno, guess I can replace M with H)

-I start with J.HK to confirm into Fallen Woman M (or H now I guess). The scaling isn't that bad (as seen in next point)

-I do all my combos on Solos
1st Combo does about 7.6-7.7k
2nd does 8.3k
3rd does 10.2k with cr.HK at end (add cr.HK after Daisy Pusher for burst and a bit more damage, almost forgot)

As long as the combo gets 7.5-8k on a Solo I'm good (since it does more damage against 2 or 3 man teams anyhow). I probably would get a bit more if I payed attention to scaling more but eh

Yeah I mean I'm not really caring about 100% optimization right now but just saying there's some vital spots where you're losing damage & could probably optimize it like 90%. Like for example doing daisy pusher at the end and battle opera before....just kind of backwards.

And also the combos you're doing 2v2 right? Solo damage isn't really true value.

Yeah I mean I'm not really caring about 100% optimization right now but just saying there's some vital spots where you're losing damage & could probably optimize it like 90%. Like for example doing daisy pusher at the end and battle opera before....just kind of backwards.

And also the combos you're doing 2v2 right? Solo damage isn't really true value.

Answers/comments for you sir:

-I end with daisy pusher to continue pressure after the combo is over (cr. HK may not be a legit burst bait anymore, but if they do burst, it allows me to continue pressure afterwards) or I could just not cr.hk and do oki since they can't tech (meaty cr.HP on wake up or jump up and start divekick shenanigans)

-I'm at work so ill give you the 2v2 damage later. I was under the impression that doing it on solos just covered all the bases since they have the most "defense" but oh well

Answers/comments for you sir:

-I end with daisy pusher to continue pressure after the combo is over (cr. HK may not be a legit burst bait anymore, but if they do burst, it allows me to continue pressure afterwards) or I could just not cr.hk and do oki since they can't tech (meaty cr.HP on wake up or jump up and start divekick shenanigans)

-I'm at work so ill give you the 2v2 damage later. I was under the impression that doing it on solos just covered all the bases since they have the most "defense" but oh well
No 2v2 is the standard damage scale we use :)

Ahhhh, they are identical. As is 3v2. All of these ratios are 1.00x damage.

Ahhhh, they are identical. As is 3v2. All of these ratios are 1.00x damage.
1v1 & 2v2 are but I don't think 3v3 are. I think 3v3 is a bit higher isn't it just so the matches don't last forever

1v1, 2v2, 3v1, and 3v2 all have ratio 1.0 scaling and are the standard for combo damage.

2v1, 2v3, and 3v3 are ratio 1.3.

1v2 and 1v3 are ratio 1.5 (used to be 1.6 but was scaled back during an assist mechanic change).

Reference chart thanks to @worldjem:
iZY254Ogsr0q1.png

Reactions: Tomo009

Ooooooh okay
I'll use this ratio for 2 man combos from now on

Ooooooh okay
I'll use this ratio for 2 man combos from now on

1.00x is the norm. You can test in 1v1, 2v2, 3v2 or even 3v1 which I forgot earlier.

These are all IDENTICAL. There is a nice little multiplier visible in training mode which tells you the damage multiplier.

who put math in my vid gamz

Btw that combo @Evilweevle helped me with? You can actually SKIP the j.lp and go straight to the H divekick and insert a c.mk before the s.hp~s.hp for 7.1k worth of damage on Parasol & I'm assuming big band. I tried the other heavy characters but it doesn't work :( I wish it did cuz scaling really changes with that

hmm ill try that out later i think. yea it made me kinda sad that you need thej.LP for the divekick to work.

If this is the combo thread - does anyone have some small beginner Squigly combos? I'd love to learn her (and use her with BB, if that's even viable, it seems like it could be, if it is assists pls) but I'm not too good with her combos.

Currently my BB assist is Beat Extend L and my Squigly assist is Cremation.

If this is the combo thread - does anyone have some small beginner Squigly combos? I'd love to learn her (and use her with BB, if that's even viable, it seems like it could be, if it is assists pls) but I'm not too good with her combos.

don't learn squigs Kappa

don't learn squigs Kappa
What whatz-his-face said. Squigly requires a bit of patience :/ I personally think she's one of the simplest and FUNNEST, but her neutral game is very low on the list if not the lowest. I have my own special tricks for getting in I haven't out on the forums (I think I didn't), but the combos and everything you need to learn is on the very first page. I laid out everything in a way anyone could understand. So check it out .

And also, I put up some synergy combos in the synergy thread. I think it's on page 2, my squigs/BB combos. One 8k using A-train & 7.7k using H Knuckles.

It's not that her neutral is bad, it's just kinda to learn difficult and kinda linear. She has surprisingly good buttons, it's just that she doesn't have an equivalent to Filia's j.HP or j.HK that's usable all the time. Learning when to use the right button will take a while, but I think it makes you better overall since you'll be used to exploring different buttons when you play with other characters. There's also the hassle of learning other characters well enough to know when you're safe to try and get a stance charge.

The most difficult thing, in my mind, is the execution. She can get a full combo off of literally any hit, but you need to be on point to do it. One of her standard pressure tools is c.lk xx stance cancel, f.HP xx stance cancel .... Seriously, I can't do that consistently. I have no idea how some of you guys can cleanly get that to come out without an accidental Drag n' Bite or DP coming out. Being able to reliably tiger knee divekicks gives you crossup options vs crouch blockers. Her highest damaging solo combos require some of the tightest links that anyone uses in SG. Don't take this as true discouragement towards playing Squigly, but know that you'll eat some losses that feel really bad just because you haven't figured her out quite yet.

She has an unorthodox fighting style but I wouldn't call her executionally difficult at all.

The only prohibitively difficult thing you may want to do is 5HP HP xx lvl 2 stancel 5HP HP and that is never really required, its just nice for a front loaded damaging combo.

I wouldn't be turned off playing Squigly at all due to execution @Skymin50 , start with some simple divekick loops, like:

2LK 2MK 5HK
j.LK j.MK j.HK xx j.236MK
2LK 5HK
j.LP j.MK j.HK xx j.236MK
5LP LP 2MK 2HP xx 236LK/HK xx 214LK+MK

You could easily get away with this to start with if you learn some of the reset points it allows (Squigly can reset pretty much anywhere, anyway)

When you feel your timing is up to it, you can graduate onto more optimal Squigly combos using 5HP HP stancel 2LK confirms and the like.

I pretty much never do 5HP HP level 2 stancel 5HP to be honest, usually just 5HP HP level 2 stancel 2MK, much easier.

Last edited:
Reactions: mcpeanuts
my question regarding this is...HOW the hell do you STAY in as squigs? i've been debating dropping her and completely choosing fukua for the main middle.
Divekick pressure and stancels. Squigly's pressure is pretty heavy if she is on top of you. She can be pretty overwhelming with 6HP xx stancel 2LK xx stancel and all her pushblock baiting abilities on top of + on block divekicks.