• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Upstaged! OFFICIAL NEW Squigly 240 Undizzy Combo Thread

Divekick pressure and stancels. Squigly's pressure is pretty heavy if she is on top of you. She can be pretty overwhelming with 6HP xx stancel 2LK xx stancel and all her pushblock baiting abilities on top of + on block divekicks.
can you tell me some pushblock baits

can you tell me some pushblock baits
crosspost haha:

cancelling multi hit moves, 2LK slight delay 2MK, jump in j.MK cancel into j.HK while low, first hit of 2HP xx silver chord (obviously risky), stancel pretty much anything into 2MK.

I know this is probably a bad combo, but this is something I messed around with in Training.

S.LK > S. MK > 5S.HP > LKMK Battle Opera > Draugen Punch Seria > C.LK > C.MK > C.HK > A. MK > (possibly A. HK, but until I know how) Falling Woman H

5620. Really bad and it's a beginner combo for sure, but I felt like sharing it. I'd love suggestions on it, it's basically what I know about Squigly.

Did some experimenting and A.HK is possible to land a Falling Woman easier and I can do another LKMK Battle Opera to do more damage.

EDIT: Battle Opera MKHK actually is more effective for a follow up, doing 6269. Still bad, but not that awful.

Last edited:
I still suggest a combo like:

2LK 2MK 5HK
j.LK j.MK j.HK xx j.236MK
2LK 5HK
j.LP j.MK j.HK xx j.236MK
5LP LP 2MK 2HP xx 236LK/HK xx 214LK+MK

because not only is it easy and at least somewhat effective, it sets you up with a lot of what you need for the more optimal BnBs.

I still suggest a combo like:

2LK 2MK 5HK
j.LK j.MK j.HK xx j.236MK
2LK 5HK
j.LP j.MK j.HK xx j.236MK
5LP LP 2MK 2HP xx 236LK/HK xx 214LK+MK

because not only is it easy and at least somewhat effective, it sets you up with a lot of what you need for the more optimal BnBs.

Thing is, I can't really do a 2MK (considering you're saying I use Silver Chord and then MK) and a 5HK without wasting my charge.

It's a good combo, but most of it is a little out of the blue to me. Sorry. :V

Thing is, I can't really do a 2MK (considering you're saying I use Silver Chord and then MK) and a 5HK without wasting my charge.

hm.

2LK > 2 MK= will push you further for s hk

the 2nd c mk is after s lp (x2) which is from divekick M which will put you in enough space for the c mk

There is no silver chord in this combo. In fact the only part that would even use any charge at all is the very last string which you do not have to do necessarily. You should only be doing the last string to finish a character off. You want to get used to the myriad of reset points in this combo.

There is no silver chord in this combo. In fact the only part that would even use any charge at all is the very last string which you do not have to do necessarily. You should only be doing the last string to finish a character off. You want to get used to the myriad of reset points in this combo.

I didn't know what you meant was the keypads. I'm used to a controller so I didn't know you meant the keypad commands. Sorry. :V

I didn't know what you meant was the keypads. I'm used to a controller so I didn't know you meant the keypad commands. Sorry. :V
Hmm you don't understand the notation?

c.LK c.MK s.HK
j.LK j.MK j.HK xx Divekick MK
c.LK s.HK
j.LP j.MK j.HK xx Divekick MK
s.LP LP c.MK c.HP xx Tremelo or Arpeggio xx Squigly Battle Opera LK + MK

I know this is probably a bad combo, but this is something I messed around with in Training.

S.LK > S. MK > 5S.HP > LKMK Battle Opera > Draugen Punch Seria > C.LK > C.MK > C.HK > A. MK > (possibly A. HK, but until I know how) Falling Woman H

5620. Really bad and it's a beginner combo for sure, but I felt like sharing it. I'd love suggestions on it, it's basically what I know about Squigly.

Did some experimenting and A.HK is possible to land a Falling Woman easier and I can do another LKMK Battle Opera to do more damage.

EDIT: Battle Opera MKHK actually is more effective for a follow up, doing 6269. Still bad, but not that awful.
to be completely honest, i feel the most practical/damaging are mine (made with everyone's help and inspiration of course)...so i can't really recommend much aside from what's on the first page. Again, i like mine best, but if you just have to do it yourself, then here are some simple rules:

General Combo Structure Rules to Follow For Squigs

1. Scaling is not your friend before hit 8/9. Fit in the MOST damaging moves in this amount of time that AREN'T Multi-hit. However squig's s.hp~s.hp is fine. also use c.lk before hit 8/9.
2. I often find the most damaging combos use chord. there's no way around it. use it around hit 8/9 for optimal damage and no worries about scaling.
3. end combos with c.hp & arpeggio, no s.hp~s.hp; this is to say multi-hit is your friend after hit's 8/9 *for the most part...there are small exceptions* -- Oh and drag'n'bite often does a tad more than arpeggio but the neutral after is TERRIBLE.
4. Think about the first moves like this: will these 2-3 moves be stronger than these other 2-3 moves?
5. if you HAVE to use battle opera, use it towards the end...it scales better. If you want damage or want to kill someone and recognize their health is at kill range use daisy pusher after chord.
6. Sometimes leaving out that M Divekick in certain enders is nice because it leaves juuuuuuust enough undizzy to get in another chain for a cool 500-800 damage depending on things.
7. in chains, use c.mk first then goto c/s.mp for following chains.
8. j.lp is more damaging than j.lk. obviously not by a bunch, but if you use them in order (respectively), it'll often help push combo damage to where you want it.

Using ALLL the rules above, I came up with this and believe it or not YOU gave me the idea :D - 8k corner combo, no charge, no seria...no nothing. Take that @Yaya lol jk (oh its universal too)

Was able to break 8.8k with charge still keeping them in the corner but I'm trying to see if I can get 9k....grrr lol. I'm sure like 8.9 is...but idk about 9. Gonna mess around later maybe.

Last edited:
Using ALLL the rules above, I came up with this and believe it or not YOU gave me the idea :D - 8k corner combo, no charge, no seria...no nothing. Take that @Yaya lol jk (oh its universal too)
Hey neat!
People are often allergic to using supers except at the end, even though they can get you a lot more damage near the beginning.
(See that example from 5 months ago.)

I just skip supers because i drop the combo. I don't know what everyone else's excuse is

Reactions: GrunkleBarlowe
Hey neat!
People are often allergic to using supers except at the end, even though they can get you a lot more damage near the beginning.
(See that example from 5 months ago.)
Hey thanks! :) I actually got that idea from you on that post, I definitely remember that lol. But yeah now just to figure out how to tighten my neutral game a little better & learn a second character as good as squigs (like Eliza!).

Using Fukua now though, I love the shadow moves and the zoning is more my style instead of peacock. But yeah if I can break 9k you better believe I'm posting it :D

Oh yeah thanks for Fukua btw...although idk what the 2nd palette with the blue skin and orange leggings is....

Oh yeah thanks for Fukua btw...

I beg to differ.

So are there any ways I can improve the combo I posted, since you did reply to it - I don't really want to do something too stupidly complicated, I only recently learned Squiggly and combos are the hardest part of me learning a character to be honest.

I beg to differ.

So are there any ways I can improve the combo I posted, since you did reply to it - I don't really want to do something too stupidly complicated, I only recently learned Squiggly and combos are the hardest part of me learning a character to be honest.
The combo you posted is probably more difficult overall than the one I posted. You have had a lot of good advice now, you should ask something more specific if you aren't getting the information you want.

EDIT: You shouldn't be focusing all efforts on combos anyway, if you are happy with what you have now, start putting some resets in there and play some games. Evolve your understanding of Squigly's game, it is more important than damaging combos.

Was able to break 8.8k with charge still keeping them in the corner but I'm trying to see if I can get 9k....grrr lol. I'm sure like 8.9 is...but idk about 9. Gonna mess around later maybe.

Wow nice, never thought of using tremolo early in a combo, but now that I see you do it, it makes SO much sense.

Using Daisy Pusher early has always been the optimal way to use 1 meter with Squigly. If you want to use Daisy Pusher, use it early, if you want to use Opera, use it late.

OK @Nuuance what's your fancy corner combo? With charge I haven't been able to get more than 8.5k in the corner without burning 2 meters.

EDIT: OK, up to just under 8.9, depending on opponent. Need to eek 100 more damage somewhere

EDIT 2: Broke 9k, but had to give up corner

Last edited:
Forgive me if I simply missed it, but what's the best thing you can get off of a raw Chord?

I goofed around in the lab and came up with this thing for 4k, but... it's haaard.

Chargeless, Meterless, Midscreen Raw Chord (4,412 damage):
236MK
2MK 5HK
j.MK(2) j.HP(4)
j.LP j.MK(3) j.HK(4) j.236MK
2MK 2HP(4)~Stancel
5LK~LK 2HP(4)~Stancel
5LP~LP 2HP(4) 236LK

Tested on Filia, Cerebella, Squigly, and Big Band before my wrists crapped out on me from all the links, but it probably works on everyone. I optimized it to the best of my ability for undizzy, but for all I know, the combo could be entirely in the wrong order.

Last edited:
I don't know that you'll ever get that much out of a raw chord, but the better question is who are you playing that gets hit by raw chords?

I don't know that you'll ever get that much out of a raw chord, but the better question is who are you playing that gets hit by raw chords?
I usually just play PSN Quick Matches. @Nuuance likes using raw chords, and I'll occasionally tag someone with a Silver Chord Seria when they try to attack my assist, or if they're hiding behind their assist, such as Valentine readying her syringes or other Squiglys charging. Besides that, I'm mostly pursuing this out of curiosity.

Fair enough. I've got tomorrow off, so I'll do some testing and see if I can get more than 4.4

Maybe not RAW chord, but a fair number of my hits come off f.HP xx Silver Chord.

I love throwing out raw chord and I use it a lot. It actually seems to work often, plus is a lot of fun.

Chord is stupidly unsafe. On block it's -13, which means I can use a medium as a combo starter. On whiff it has something like 60 frames of recovery.

Chord is stupidly unsafe. On block it's -13, which means I can use a medium as a combo starter. On whiff it has something like 60 frames of recovery.
It's really unsafe if it doesn't hit, yeah... but that's exactly why they'd never expect it >:]

Doing Silver Chord as a frame trap at the end of a blockstring is pretty cool too. Even if they don't push a button it will catch them if they try to upback since it's a hit-grab #wow #woah (if this is blocked you will die)

Reactions: Nuuance
You have to be really mindful of when you throw it out and who you throw it out against.

Fast characters (Val, Fortune, Filia) you're dead at pretty much any distance blocked. Also characters with fullscreen punishes (Parasoul, Double, Peacock, Big Band, Fukua, Squigly.)

That leaves Bella where you could sometimes use it as a poke right outside of Bella 6HP range.

from a certain distance with seria charge, it's pretty safe. I mean unless they randomly pop super then sure...but that has never happened to me...ever. Idk ive gotten good enough at chording when i can kind of just feel when people are doing something and get it :)

There's unsafe and then there's suicidal. I just looked it up. 65 frames of recovery on whiff uncharged. 75 if charged. I mean, using it at the end of a block string as a pseudo frame trap is fine. You can space it so it's harder to punish. It's also useful as a hard read. If you know they like to chicken block or mash you can pull them out of it.

Just throwing it out there is like doing a dash up DP. You either look really smart or really dumb doing it.

You have to be really mindful of when you throw it out and who you throw it out against.

Fast characters (Val, Fortune, Filia) you're dead at pretty much any distance blocked. Also characters with fullscreen punishes (Parasoul, Double, Peacock, Big Band, Fukua, Squigly.)

That leaves Bella where you could sometimes use it as a poke right outside of Bella 6HP range.
I guess painwheel isn't a character. RIP

I usually only throw cord out randomly if I have an assist onscreen to block for me.

I do this too sometimes.

I fail to be impressed. Uzu once dash up Pillared me. I have no idea how he managed to get the charge in the duration of his dash.

Reactions: Uzu
I fail to be impressed. Uzu once dash up Pillared me. I have no idea how he managed to get the charge in the duration of his dash.
lol what on earth. Probably button dashed and buffered the Pillar during the dash. Uzu you crazy

Reactions: Uzu

Charge, 5PP ~ 8HK works for dashing pillars. The timing seems fairly strict.

Edit: Clarified that the button dash needed to be done from neutral on the off chance this is news to any other new Parasoul players reading this.

Last edited:
I guess painwheel isn't a character. RIP
No one plays her so yeah basically.

Can get them out of upback, fly startup, hatred guard, etc. often enough I guess.

I do these on accident all the time. Not very hard because the charge time in sg is literally half the charge time of games like ST. But also, there is another trick:

When landing from a jump (and you can charge during a jump of course) if you button dash as you hit the ground you wont even go into a crouch animation, you will just dash even if you are holding crouch. So jumping and then doing button dash trick and then doing pillar is a slick way to hide your charge or just get out awesome pillars cause its just what you do.

Personally i dont get them when dashing UP TO people, i get them when dashing away from people... Like i meant to get a pushblock but got a backdash instead and then canceled that into pillar.

Just because it's unsafe doesn't mean it's bad
Raw silver chord is very powerful, and the charged version is fast enough that it's not trivial to react to

Edit: Of course, it shouldn't be used "randomly". Deliberately catch your opponent off guard when they think they're safe from whatever else you could be doing
This is more effective now than before the big band patch, since center stage > sbo is blockable after the flash, but silver chord doesn't even have a flash.

Reactions: mcpeanuts
Using unsafe moves as pokes happens all the time, it's how you win. I'm not even sure why this is a discussion point.

I laughed and then i cried. Cause this is the developer.

You dont poke with unsafe moves. you make reads with unsafe moves. And when your read is incorrect, you die.

Pokes are pokes BECAUSE they are safe. If it isnt safe it isnt a poke. Sometimes what is and isnt a poke is matchup and player specific. Playing against a bella that can chicken block parasouls j.hp and then punish with diamond drop everytime makes parasouls j.hp specifically unsafe in that matchup against that player. Against a bella that doesnt know this... Is a bella that this can still be used as a poke against.

A bella that does know this is a bella that this is not a poke against since you will get punished hard everytime you get it blocked. At which point your use of j.hp is a read as a way to beat bellas buttons... But a misread/guess equals going for a ride.

Well, good thing mikes got me on ignore or i probably would have pissed him off there.
Whew.. Dodged that bullet.

you can make unsafe pokes safe with enough meter. its all about risk/reward.

Yes, and that goes along with what i was saying. So I'm not disagreeing with you. I'm just saying that a poke is most times safe. So here's how it goes:

Unsafe move without meter = unsafe and not a poke.

"Unsafe" move with meter and the super or dhc is safe = safe and therfor a poke.

Same thing goes for moves that are unsafe without an assist, but become safe or sometimes even advantaged on block such as parasoul pillar with cerecopter assist against a ground blocking opponent. Or like cerebella battletoads with pw mp nail assist.

Th biggest thing to take away from this is: unsafe on block is not a poke, safe on block is a poke. Spamability has something to do with this but that aspect of it has become muddied in the newschool fighter especially with characters like mvc2 storm "poking" with hailstorm trying to catch errant assists and /or just do some crazy chip damage.

However even "safe" is a muddy concept since even on wiff no poke is safe. But in this case poke generally means "made contact with the opponent"

So yeah, as i said i dont disagree with you. I only disagree with mikes use of the term. Pokes arent inherently unsafe. If they were people wouldnt use them to "poke" so to speak. Also, the reason for the grammar naziissm is because if pokes could be said to be unsafe on block as well as safe on block... Then every move in every game is a poke and then the term poke loses any cohesive meaning and using the term would be completely interchangeable with "move" asin a normal or special move with neither designation.

Last edited: