• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Upstaged! OFFICIAL NEW Squigly 240 Undizzy Combo Thread

As far as I've seen, the only edits you need to ever make are that certain characters crouching hitstun puts them beneath standing lp and mp or that for certain characters you have to alter the number of j.mk hits if you're doing jump loops.

Yeah, it's annoying enough that I dropped a higher damage combo for a more universal one. I try to play a reset game though, so it hasn't affected me too terribly.

As far as I've seen, the only edits you need to ever make are that certain characters crouching hitstun puts them beneath standing lp and mp or that for certain characters you have to alter the number of j.mk hits if you're doing jump loops.
Actually you might be rite and thanks for the combos @Emuchu

Yeah, it's annoying enough that I dropped a higher damage combo for a more universal one. I try to play a reset game though, so it hasn't affected me too terribly.

So far all of my max damage combos have been universal. It helps that Squigly gets most of her damage by hitting s.HP as much as possible. The only max damage combo I have that gets really wonky is my medium hit counterhit combo. Double and Parasoul's fat asses fall out of it if I miscount the number of hits on j.mk and j.hk

Yeah what damage are you looking at?

I was pushing 7.4 (I think) with one meter. My newer one is closer to 7k flat.

Without charge

c.lk, c.mk, s.hp x2 xx stancel
c.lk, c.mk, s.hp x2 xx chord
s.hk
j.mk x2, j.hp x4
j.lp, j.mk x(varies), j.hk x4
s.lp x2, s.mp x2, c.hp x4 xx arpeggio/drag n bite

with charge

c.lk, c.mk, s.hp x2 xx stancel
s.hp x2 xx stancel
c.mk, s.hp x2 xx stancel
c.mp, s.hp x2 xx chord (can do s.mp x2 against standing opponents)
s.hk
j.mk x2, j.hp x4
j.lp, j.mk x (varies), j.hk x (varies) xx hk dive

I forget what the chargeless combo does, but the charged one does over 7k meterless and ends with a burst bait that no one falls for anymore. I've been testing to see if I can eek out a little more damage somewhere by using the arpeggio link, but I haven't found it yet. I think you can link a light after drag n bite too, but I can't remember for sure.

I think you can link a light after drag n bite too, but I can't remember for sure.
Charged Drag 'n' Bite > s.LP is a 1-frame link, and probably allows for the most optimal Squigly damage since it means you can continue after c.HP loops without meter or silver chord, using it to close the distance while dishing out tons of damage (Charged Drag 'n' Bite has the best minimum damage to undizzy ratio of any of her moves)

eh, i'll stick with the arpeggio link then. I don't want to have to blow my charge unless it's for a kill combo or a reversal/center stage.

Notes:
(If you play this character you should know which buttons to press)

Delay first j.mk after first jumping
Outside of the corner, do a dash jump for the rejump if you want it to work on Squigly (I'm pretty sure this does not break it on anyone, and it's also a reset point)
Only works on Double in the corner, and there is a small timing difference that is easy to adjust to.
Seems to work on everyone else with mostly insignificant differences.

that doesn't look like optimal damage though. Maybe 6k if you finish the combo and using non-light starters.

that doesn't look like optimal damage though. Maybe 6k if you finish the combo and using non-light starters.
Surely it is obvious that this isn't a complete combo
It's how to get the most out of j.mk loops, when you want to use those is up to you.

Looks nice, 5HK starter though, I got out of that thinking it was a bad habit.
It is! To clarify further, you aren't supposed to do the whole thing as shown in the video, or use the exact filler normals used there. It's for people who are comfortable doing more after landing a hit than autopiloting through some extra-optimized 20 second swag™ bnb

Considering I'm trying to cram as many <=2 frame links into a combo, I think I may not be the target audience.

Been experimenting with similar midscreen setups with other characters and assist choices, and it's pretty much everywhere. Most common assists outside of H Fiber work with this setup or a variation of it, and they seem to work on most, if not all, team combinations.

Also found a 2 meter midscreen solo Squigly doublesnap that also seems to work on most/all team combinations.

Wouldn't be surprised if I'm late to the party on these.

I've been using a few from the front page, but the second string starts with s.lp which whiffs on crouchers (at least some).

Does anyone have a non-seria combo that uses 1-bar to do ~7k?

Also, so I can run frame data myself, how many frames is a stancel?

I've been using a few from the front page, but the second string starts with s.lp which whiffs on crouchers (at least some).

Does anyone have a non-seria combo that uses 1-bar to do ~7k?

I don't know the exact numbers on a Stancel, but you can link a 5HP(~HP) Stancel to 2LK or 5LP, and a 5HP(~HP) Stancel Seria to 2LK and 2MP.

EDIT: After some box-counting, a Stancel looks like 19f, and a Stancel Seria looks like 12f.

As for combos, I use one of @Nuuance's combos for my non-Seria midscreen BnB:

2LK 2MK 5HK
j.LK j.Fallen Maiden (OTG)
5HP~HP Silver Chord (xx Daisy Pusher)
Dash 5HK
j.MK(2) j.HP(4)
j.LP j.MK(3) j.HK(4)
5LP~LP 2MK 2HP(4) Arpeggio (xx SBO
Step forward 2HP(4))

6710 Damage, 7571 (w/ Daisy), 8306 (w/ SBO Bait Ender)

If you're going to use meter, use it on the early Daisy Pusher instead of an ending Battle Opera, and burn the second bar if you really need those pixels for the kill. The only quirk with this combo is that it switches sides, so you might need another BnB in your belt when you need to keep your position:

2LK 2MK 5HP~HP Stancel
2LK 5HP~HP Silver Chord (xx Daisy Pusher)
2MK 5HK
j.MK(2) j.HP(4)
j.LP j.MK(3) j.HK(4)
5LP~LP 2MK 2HP(4) Arpeggio (xx SBO
Step forward 2HP(4))

6759 Damage, 7636 (w/ Daisy), 8371 (w/ SBO Bait Ender)

This one does a bit more damage, but I'm a little inconsistent with my 5HP Stancel 2LK, so I usually stick with the other one online.

Last edited:
I don't know the exact numbers on a Stancel, but you can link a 5HP(~HP) Stancel to 2LK or 5LP, and a 5HP(~HP) Stancel Seria to 2LK and 2MP.
http://skullgirls.com/forums/index.php?threads/squigly-and-stancels-question.3191/#post-161291
Chargeless HP stancels have an 11 frame window, so:
  • 5LP (6f startup) has 5f
  • 2LP (10f startup) has 1f
  • 5LK and 2LK (8f startup) have 3f
In order of tightness:
  1. 2LP(1f)
  2. 5LK/2LK(3f)
  3. 5LP(5f)

Charged HP stancels have an 18 frame window, so:
  • 5LP (6f startup) has 12f
  • 2LP (10f startup) has 8f
  • 5LK and 2LK (8f startup) have 10f
  • 5MP (13f startup) has 5f
  • 2MP (12f startup) has 6f
  • 5MK (13f startup) has 5f
  • 2MK (14f startup) has 4f
  • 5HP (16f startup) has 2f

• j.LP (7f startup + 4f jump) has 7f
  • j.LK (8f startup + 4f jump) has 6f
  • j.MP (10f startup + 4f jump) has 4f
  • j.MK (12f startup + 4f jump) has 2f
In order of tightness:
  1. 5HP/j.MK(2f)
  2. 2MK/j.MP(4f)
  3. 5MP/5MK(5f)
  4. 2MP/j.LK(6f)
  5. j.LP(7f)
  6. 2LP(8f)
  7. 5LK/2LK(10f)
  8. 5LP(12f)

sx = Stance Cancel

Punch charge, 6871 damage, no meter

2LK > 2MK > 5HPx2 sx
5HPx2 sx
2MK > 5HPx2 sx
2MP > 5HPx2 sx
2LK > 2MK > 5HPx2 sx
2LP(3) > 2MK > 2HP(4) xx lvl2 DP

Kick charge version w/ lvl 2 Arpeggio gets you 6961 meterless w/ sliding knockdown.

-

Easier version:
Punch charge, 6459 damage, no meter

2LK > 2MK > 5HPx2 sx
2MK > 5HPx2 sx
2MP > 5HPx2 sx
2LK > 2MK > 5HPx2 sx
2LP(3) > 2MK > 2HP(4) xx lvl2 DP

Kick charge version w/ lvl 2 Arpeggio gets you 6549 meterless w/ sliding knockdown.

@SoulBlueFlash

So lv2 stance canceling from 6HP leaves you more plus on hit than just using 5HP, just enough in fact to link into launch. Is this in any way relevant to squeezing more damage out of squigly combos? It provides an alternative to chaining into chord for launch in most combos.

Last edited:
So lv2 stance canceling from 6HP leaves you more plus on hit than just using 5HP, just enough in fact to link into launch. Is this in any way relevant to squeezing more damage out of squigly combos? It provides an alternative to chaining into chord for launch in most combos.

Probably toward the end of a combo. 6hp is going to scale the pants out of your combo if you use it early.

Short version: No.

- Seria Drag'n'Bite -4f recovery (now +11 on hit, -7 on block), can easily link into stand/crouch LP and LK.

Well looks like those max damage combos just got a lot easier.
I think she can hit over 9k with the dnb -> s.lp link can't she ?

Where does Seria Drag n Bite go into a max damage combo? The first 13 or so hits are pretty much spoken for as you want to cram every standing fierce you can and that uses, I believe, 100 undizzy.

Where does Seria Drag n Bite go into a max damage combo? The first 13 or so hits are pretty much spoken for as you want to cram every standing fierce you can and that uses, I believe, 100 undizzy.
After the c.HP loops

You'll likely run into undizzy before this makes a significant difference with a normal hitconfirm, but for throw combos it might be different
I'm labbing stuff right now

oo, might be able to squeeze it into counterhit stuff too. I'll lab it up after work tonight too.

Back