• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Valentine Combo Thread

I feel like this is the most reliable version of this combo for me. And worth the green vial.

I like this combo, but I hope you know it works via less just instead of the cr.mp pickup after lnl, if you find the the cr.hp timing, you get 3 j. Hk loops and one j.lp delay j.mp restand. Or 2 loops and restand. Either way enjoying the combos

I like this combo, but I hope you know it works via less just instead of the cr.mp pickup after lnl, if you find the the cr.hp timing, you get 3 j. Hk loops and one j.lp delay j.mp restand. Or 2 loops and restand. Either way enjoying the combos

Yeah I have that version of the combo recorded somewhere, I just like this version for consistency reasons! Sometimes consistency in a match > damage.

• cHP after Bypass isn't that hard! But cMK/sMK after Bypass is -really- not that hard. Can't drop it.
  • jHK reps rather than jHP are always easier and more consistent to me, especially from a standard launch height (which cMK2 tends to help me get!)
  • Green Vial ensure no matter how badly I goof up the jHK reps, I get a restand for 1 vial, and I already have sexy damage so.. sorry, purple vial users.
This combo is IMPOSSIBLE TO DROP OR I SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF MYSELF.

Just found a one burst bait reset in 3v2 that requires no vial, 1 meter, val point, cerebella hp lnl assist, and will kill. Just need to learn how to record things, or if I fail at that i will write the unnecessarily long notation

edit:and if they dont burst its safe :)

This is it. This is a vial less, 1 meter, 3v2, 1 burst bait TOD

Rad.

You can swap in jMK(1) [jHK or jHP] adc jHP instead of the jHK chain for an IPS bait that you can microdash > airthrow if they don't take the burst. It also works in the corner, despite all appearances.

Rad.

You can swap in jMK(1) [jHK or jHP] adc jHP instead of the jHK chain for an IPS bait that you can microdash > airthrow if they don't take the burst. It also works in the corner, despite all appearances.
Thanks! I was just planning to do bomber/val pressure, but having more options is great

You didn't need lvl 3 green vial for that, you know...
Maybe you didn't even needed the green vial itself, but any vial would work, because s.lp (and obviously c.lp, since they both have 6f startup) can be chained from vial toss.

knowing the damage of your combos is a wonderful thing.
also lvl3 green automatically makes it not a bnb.
and with the extra undizzy ya coulda milked something more.

Yes, I screwed up on the dummy record. The startup on her lvl 5 is similar to her lvl 1, so yeah, can't be blocked, but can be mashed out. You also need to be careful, because if they are mashing something like Dynamo, a lvl 3 might come out because of the cross.

Here it is, my own personal combo.

cLK cMK1 cHP jLK1 adc jMP1 jHP rejump jLP jMP1 jHP adc jHK PVial dash sLP sLK sMP cMK sHKx3 HBypass EKG 7k

EDIT: This is universal. jMP2 on Squigly helps. That's it. Have fun.

Last edited:
These are some useful bnbs imho.
This is an improved version of my older combo.

edit: goofed the vial load and did another by accident, apparently. whoops :(

good catch @Colossi. getting 6.9 with a shuriken (not always, sometimes 6.7) and 7.8~ with a LEVEL ONE vial. I'll try and optimize it a bit more.

edit:

THERE. Sorry about that.

Last edited:

1 Impractical 5 Bar TOD (The SWAG!!!!), and another much more practical TOD (LVL 1 damage vial start, 3 bar, 3v3, Val/Bella/Double)

Hey cloud whats the damage on a DM of 1?
For the first one its about 12,767, and for the second one its about 12535. This is in 1.0, converting using 7000 k base damage 1.0 damage scale, into 9200 base damage 1.3 damage scale.

sorry for the double post

these are cooler

edit - if you have a poison loaded, vial toss instead of L bypass (lights) and c.hp, j.hk, adc, j.mp, j.hk, air vial toss(heavies) does 8.5k

Last edited:

potentially my new Val BnB cuz of all the potential reset points in there and better damage. Can do 6.9 if I add s.lk on the last chain. Yes there's a dash jump, but it's cool if you miss the link, cuz after they block j.lk you can just hit j.hp and it's a crossup!

c.lk c.mk c.hp
j.hp adc j.mk(1) j.hp
(land) j.lp j.hk adc j.mp(x2) j.hk
dash jump j.lk j.mp
s.lp(x3) s.lk s.mp(x2) s.mk s.hk(x3) xx H Bypass xx EKG

probably is. Only tested it on Filia, Peacock, Squigly, and Bella. Cuz laziness.
edit: Confirmed Universal

On heavier characters you can omit the dash jump and replace the first air chains with:
j.hp j.hk adc j.mk(1) j.hp.​
milks more damage and you still get the +23 reset point. You lose the ability to dash under them, but whatever.
Edit: non-lights hit too low to the ground to be able to be dashed under

Last edited:
I made this as a concept corner combo for double:

cr.lk, cr.mk(1), cr.hp,
j.mk, j.hp, AD, j.mk, j.hp,
j.lp, j.mk, j.hp,
j.lk, j.mk, j.hp,
j.mp, j.mk, j.hp xx vial (any vial, regular shuriken does't have the angle)
s.mp, c.mk (1), s.hp xx HK Savage Bypass
c.lk, s.mk, HK HK xx LK Savage Bypass xx EKG Flatliner

This combo is so real, bruh bruh.

Back