• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Valentine Combo Thread

This combo is so real, bruh bruh.
Maybe now it's possible to replacing vial with regular shuriken, since Mike changed them on beta.

This was done quite a while though, you can look at the undizzy, it was 350. It's 240 now so it's shortened by a full chain now.

Last edited:
Yo, am I an idiot or is there no *actual* universal midscreen light character combo? Everything that I've tried has slight variations of timing.

EXAMPLE: The "universal bnb" :

c.lk, c.mk(1 hit), c.hp,
j.hp, adc, j.mp(1 hit), j.hp,
rejump, j.lp, j.mp(1 hit), j.hp, adc, j.mk,
s.lpx3, s.mpx2, s.mk, s.hkx3 xx otg H Savage Bypass xx EKG Flatliner.

On Peacock and I think Painwheel I can't get the j.lp to connect, unless I hold out the air dash in the first air chain for a tiny bit. But this makes j.mp after j.lp in the second air chain whiff on filia.
/END EXAMPLE.

What am I doing wrong? I've tried some of the combos that I've seen in this thread, tried making my own, and tried copying combos I saw in tournaments. I just can't seem to figure out a way to do a consistent light character combo that is EXACTLY the same no matter what light character I'm comboing.

I really need something that is the same rhythm of button presses, same buttons being pressed, literally the EXACT same. Every other character I've played (Parasoul, Bella, Big band, Fortune, Squigly, Painwheel) I can easily do universal combos, and for acceptable damage...what hell is up with this?

Last but not least: I also find it really hard to restand light characters midscreen with any of these combos. In matches it seems like I always drop it when i go for the final ground chain before a super. If I go for a j.mk restand I sometimes don't land fast enough to do st.lp in time, and if I do j.mk, j.hk restand then I sometimes get one hit (which lets me do an easy restand) two hits (which makes them fly way too high) or j.hk doesn't come out and the combo drops.

Do I just need to put in a shit ton of extra work for this character's easiest combos?

Fuck, my devil horns combos are more consistent and universal than this shit.

You can get it to hit pretty much everyone (I think) with j.mp(2) on the first air chain.

@Icky can you post a video of it please?
Super shitty quality, but here.

I'll try the two hits of j.mp, thanks @Colossi

This sucks because I was having fun with her until I realized that my fucking 'universal' combo kept dropping against some characters in real matches. I've never had the need to test simple combos that I was told were universal against every character.

@Icky So from my vast knowledge of Valentine these two might be a little more difficult to combo with this universal move so...... My suggestions begin the first air chain with a j.lk to stop them from sailing to the moon and what not this might solve the issue of the moves not hitting.

@Icky So from my vast knowledge of Valentine these two might be a little more difficult to combo with this universal move so...... My suggestions begin the first air chain with a j.lk to stop them from sailing to the moon and what not this might solve the issue of the moves not hitting.
If you're telling me to do that specifically with Filia and Peacock, that's not what I'm looking for. I want a combo that in the midst of a match I can do WITHOUT going "oh, what character am I comboing? What specific things do I need to change?"

Yes, I have character specifics with bella, but I have an acceptable combo that I can do on everyone of a given weight class for those many many times where I get a hit and am not quite prepared to think about character specifics.

I just need something universal for lights. I at least have one for mediums and heavies.

Going to go try Colossi's suggestion now

i would recommend doing the Duck combos, they are better.

Reactions: Datagram
i would recommend doing the Duck combos, they are better.
I WAS GOING TO SAY THAT! Thanks Dag :)

@Colossi I can't get the second j.hp to connect on Squigly if I do two hits of j.mp I hate this game.

@Dagwood do you have notation for them? I have looked for them before since Natezer told me to learn them, and couldn't find anything. And are they TRULY universal on lights or are they also just 'kinda' universal?

I assumed the first few pages weren't worth looking at since judging by the dates they are still 350 undizzy combos. I'll browse through the first few pages

Reactions: joshb911
Double post. Love how I skipped the first post since it's originally from september 2013, but of course it's been edited since then -_- that's actually really obnoxious. (Edit, justl ike this character's combos on lights ayyyy)

Pretty sure this works on everyone but Cerebella.

Video is unavailable. And does anyone actually do double crossunders with Val? She can even do ones on heavies.

do 2 hits of j.mp in the first chain only and dashjump before the j.lp

I love YouTube lol. Give it five minutes. Also, works on Bella so nvm that comment.

Heavy version: c.HP > 2-hit j.MK > iad >j.LK > j.MK > Crossunder or anything else you want.

Another light version: c.HP > j.LK > iad > j.MK > Crossunder or anything else you want.

aside from making j.mp hit twice you have to dashjump before the j.lp for it to combo on everyone

Reactions: LuxadeSwag
Thank you. This appears to work on all light characters without any changes to execution in any way shape or form. This was literally exactly what I was looking for

Reactions: gllt
6.6k - works on everyone but parasoul and maybe bella, don't remember
c.lk c.mk c.hp
j.lk j.hp IAD j.mp j.hp
j.lp j.mp j.hk IAD j.mk j.hk
dash s.lp(3) s.lk s.mp(9) c.mk s.hk(3) xx H bypass xx flatliner

6.6k - works on parasoul and maybe double and big band? only tested parasoul
c.lk c.mk c.hp
j.lk j.hp IAD j.mk(1) j.hp
j.lp j.mk(1) j.hk IAD j.mp j.hk
dash s.lp(3) s.lk s.mp(9) c.mk s.hk(3) xx H bypass xx flatliner

@Icky, remind me to record this later.

Thank you. This appears to work on all light characters without any changes to execution in any way shape or form. This was literally exactly what I was looking for

commands in the youtube description

Reactions: Icky and gllt
Thanks for the combos guys <3

(One of these should really be in the bnb thread instead)

I actually hate the combo I recorded, but as far as undroppable universal BnBs, that's the one.

No dash jumps, the adc jMPs are very lenient on the number of hits you use, and it has a few points where you can add in assists or a vial if you have them available. It's also decent as a birthday carry if you need to cover some ground before a snap; just adc jMK after the last jHP or call copter/bomber/whatever-horizontal-lockdown-assist during the second jHK

Last edited:
The drama is really screwing me up.

in the SUPERJUMP beta, i found a midscreen (and corner) universal 9.2k damage combo for one meter off of c.lk. no recording sofware currently, sorry.

c.lk c.mk c.hp super jump forward j.HP adc j.HP xx 236HK [HOLD FORWARD WHILE FALLING] c.mk c.hp super jump forward j.mk j.HPxx236mk [HOLD FORWARD WHILE FALLING] s.lp(3) s.mp s.mk s.hk(3) xx 236KK

The timing is a little different for each of the characters, and ground chain after the second alpha blade catches them in the air and does a restand, NOT an OTG.

The hardest part to get down is timing the j.mk j.hp chain right. if you do it too early or too late you won't reach the ground in time to do the restand and they'll tech. You want them to be above you when you both start falling, and you can adjust not only the height you hit them with the j.mk but you can also delay the j.hp as well.

I haven't found a good corner to corner combo to replace Duckator's midscreen combo on lightweights yet.

@Effay dude there's a beta combo thread for combos not possible in retail.
Also am doubting that a solo can do 9.2k on a 1.0 damage multiplier with one meter.

With this combo, you get 7.somethingK tops.
9.2k must be 1.3 ratio.

My apologies, i didn't see the beta thread

Also, I did this with 3 character teams on both sides.

3 characters in each team is 1.3 ratio. Do 3v2.

oh, i thought as long as the team sizes were the same the combo ratio was one. my bad

I appreciate my misconception being corrected though

You can see the damage ratio if you turn on attack data. For comparisons we use 1.00 ratio.

@RuinerZ If you do that same combo but begin with cLK cMK cHP, instead of sLP sMP cHP you get 6.6k damage with a lv 1.
Using multi hit attacks at the beginning of the combo scales it very quickly, reducing your damage.

Quick compilation of my preferred combos on the 'three weights'

Tailored to reserve otg while doing at least 5k damage at a 1.0 ratio, reliably.
Before, I only had lights and heavies, the medium one is a new thing because Cerebella is short.

This does almost 10k in 2v2 AND it gives you 1 whole meter. But this is Val tho.

It needs 1 green Vial, corner, and M Bomber for Poison.