• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Valentine Tech Thread: Small/Big Tips & Strategy YOU Notice?

I think you should read what I posted. There's a .webm converter download link there, and also a website to upload .webm videos. A 10 second .webm video occupies less than 1mb.

I read what you posted but it was not very clear initially though, that thread wasn't too informative but your follow up post clarified a lot, I've been recording with Obs and the .webm will help in the future.

This is super risky, but really fun.

The av tags are for webm, not youtube.

EDIT: Oh, that's interesting

Last edited:
so uh, i was thinking about that weird jHP fling reset thing I'd discussed with Nuuance a while back and played around with it a bit and found this for shorties. It's also a good time to go for throws/IAD jHP crossups too.

I usually let it rock and let them complete the circle. If you stay still they will come all the way around an you can just jab them for a same side mix up.

So, there's a Val crossunder that sometimes works, and sometimes doesn't, and I'm wondering if anyone knows what causes it to sideswap or not:

launch -> j.hp -> ADC -> j.mp (let this go for enough hits that a j.hp will whiff) -> j.hp fastfall -> land -> s.lp.

Sometimes it crosses up; sometimes it doesn't, and I don't know what causes it to not cross.

1) Character weight / hit boxes
2) Sometimes holding forward/back as you fall will put you under. You can test this by doing the fast fall and not touching the stick.

So, there's a Val crossunder that sometimes works, and sometimes doesn't, and I'm wondering if anyone knows what causes it to sideswap or not:

launch -> j.hp -> ADC -> j.mp (let this go for enough hits that a j.hp will whiff) -> j.hp fastfall -> land -> s.lp.

Sometimes it crosses up; sometimes it doesn't, and I don't know what causes it to not cross.

1) Character weight / hit boxes
2) Sometimes holding forward/back as you fall will put you under. You can test this by doing the fast fall and not touching the stick.

Also keep an eye on when you hit your first jHP and when in your airdash you start jMP. The timing of jHP and the vertical climb she gets before the jMP makes a big difference.

Uh. That's my crossunder I already posted in this thread.

EDIT: It's even on this page...

Last edited:
Nice. If I ever saw that in a match, as a Val player I'd be thinking "wtf kinda unoptimized combo- oh shit it's a reset." dead.

Nice. If I ever saw that in a match, as a Val player I'd be thinking "wtf kinda unoptimized combo- oh shit it's a reset." dead.

That's why it's so amusing.

It is literally the magic series.

Is there a slight delay on the j.hp fast fall?

I can do it but not reliably

i feel this might not work in heavier characters

Is there a slight delay on the j.hp fast fall?

I can do it but not reliably

i feel this might not work in heavier characters
Nah. Just cancel the jMK before you get the lift from the second hit.

Crossunder probably won't work on heavies. I wouldn't recommend doing this at all unless you really know they're fried mentally and even then you're better off blocking a mash read or going for low/throw.

The risk:reward is pretty skewed since the setup does so little damage.

I just think it's hilarious that LLMMH has a setup.

Reactions: gllt
what input did you cancel for the corner crossunder?

The corner one is: sMP --> cHP xx QCF LK (works on everyone but double, big band and fortune)

Last edited:
nice, sadly, vals specials suck so you cant cancel into anything comboable except vial throw.

yo we runnin' this thread gllt

Once I get my autocross car stripped out and race-ready I'll be back on. Life has been steering me away and I need to get that project done first and move out of here so I'm on my own and have time to myself again. Sorry ya'll! I'll be back soon.

I thing I do in the corner with val
have you got the timing on this with bb? It works on him but it's a bit difficult to time.

At least it works on him though, it's annoying how he's (from my perspective) one of the most mash friendly characters in the game yet one of the biggest ways to blow him up don't work on him well (cross unders)

have you got the timing on this with bb? It works on him but it's a bit difficult to time.

At least it works on him though, it's annoying how he's (from my perspective) one of the most mash friendly characters in the game yet one of the biggest ways to blow him up don't work on him well (cross unders)
cause he's fat as FUCCCK
FTFY

im afriad your usual jLK crossunder doesnt consistently work on big band, try a burst bait or just block his (inevitable) mashed out super/dp :>

What Big Band's do you play that aren't me / when was the last time you successfully burst baited me? :p

Uh Oh
I think I hate you.

The following weeks are going to be painful.

Pretty cool but sadly doesn't work on some heavier characters. Also for anyone that has difficulty performing air dash j.LP (Or maybe it's just me because my execution is shit) you can double tap PP and j.LP will come out as long as one of the punches was LP. LP + MP and LP + HP both work.

Pressing 9 6 is also pretty easy if you play keyboard, hitbox or just likes to dash with directionals.

*shrug*, I'm on stick and I had trouble and I couldn't be bothered learning how to do it normally so I'm going to just use that option select :^)

Just thought I'd share just in case someone else is having trouble

A pretty cool corner reset that you can do with almost any assist. I'm pretty sure it could work on everyone as long as you can find a way for s.MP cr.HP to cross-up