• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

What is "your" Boss Theme?

If I'm playing a fighter with a custom soundtrack, this is usually my mirror match theme.

SOMEONE OTHER THAN ME PLAYED DIGITAL DEVIL SAGA!

Boy, even if i hate you i love you for your fine taste in JRPGs

Reactions: BeatNinja
Surprised at the lack of Touhou.
Anyways here's mine
and also some cavestory

Theme depends on temper.

This is reserved for fighting against people like @Duckator

Finally found something that could work as a personal boss theme:

Did someone say Touhou? I got two arranges that'd work. (And a theme of my favorite 2hu.)
sidenote: I sure hope I'm doin' spoilers/embed right.

My music tastes are odd and varying.

Last edited:

And on the flipside, if I were a hero I'd have this (Hope, ya'll don't mind, I just really love this tune but it doesn't sound evil enough).

Torn between this:

and this:

In reality probably the gideon fight, but I like to pretend that I'm classy enough to deserve tokyo active neets as my boss theme.

Whenever you encounter me online in Skullgirls, this is what plays instead of the stage's default theme. Fact.
Don't lie, muro.

Reactions: Muro
For me, probably this:

I'm honestly surprised that nobody has claimed this as their boss theme! Well maybe someone did, but something happened to their video.
But when things got serious, the gloves come off and this song plays!

EDIT: Whoah, what a mess. I'll edit it up and clean her up later. For now, aw crap.

As someone with ADD/ADHD Combined type, yeah, I'm bound to post again, even after this. I just get ideas. Especially after that last post.

So here's the pretext and idea:

(This dude's optional to fight against too. Because I don't like being a major character.)
Essentially you've foiled that one guys attempt to steal the World's supply of sheep. You're walking along when you suddenly see something absorbing his body, cue a boss fight where you're fighting the same boss again with new tricks.

You defeat it, and it disappears in a blinding flash, but you'd swear it looked different. You come across it again, masquerading as the dude you beat who wanted all the sheep. It immediately does that blinding flash of light trick again, and it's changed into a much stronger looking suit of armor. Here is what it looks like:

http://dozeyunreal.webs.com/uspacemarine.jpg[/spoiler]
He has more weapons than that, including a shotgun and a rocket launcher. The boss fight starts with this music playing.

You beat him, and he disappears in a blinding light again.

And then end of the game, congratulations, you've beaten the big baddy! No one else could possibly topple this moment here! Um, except for that dude from earlier drops from the ceiling and absorbs the boss in front of you. He enlarges and you fight the previous boss.

He then reveals that he's a hunter sludge after he stops fighting and shifts to his true form. It then explains that the dude that wanted the world's supply of sheep was in fact him, but a part that split from him after a powerful crap. He then reveals that his plan was to have you destroy the evil overlord hell-bent on destroying the world just because he was lazy and he wanted to make sure you survived. Thing is, you, the player, get it, but the character's don't even understand a word he's saying.

Healing you, he then starts the true fight against him, where he'll use all the forms at random intervals, with no clear indicator that he's willing to give up. His true form has two normal arms, which have power over magic, two lower arms protruding out of his backpack that have a shotgun for the right hand, and a shock rifle on the left, while his top two arms (Also coming out of his backpack) have a sword and an axe.

He's also fast.

When his health bar stops, cut to a cutscene. He breaths, and drops the back pack, and picks up the sword. He is much faster, and can dodge shots now that he's more focused.

When you beat him, you notice a vortex swallows you whole, and then you enter the final area. If you haven't fought him yet, the vortex swallows you whole as soon as you beat the bad dude, giving you no time to loot him.

It's a mess, and I'm too darn tired to fix it right now. I'll fix it later should I remember.

Coming back to this, it's been a while and a few months.
But I'm probably changing it to this
Because of some very bad personal problems in my past that I got over only recently.

But, it could also be something akin to this

I would love to have this as my boss theme.

I doubt I'd be a final boss, but depends
Classical Final Fantasy/Traditional

Crazy somewhat zany but hard boss

or in general gloves are not off yet:

And when I'm not a boss but an ally, it’s this:

When I first time met with Ragna on the last stage of score attack (BB:CS) I was pretty surprised. After this I seen a lot of this in Brutal Legend and really enjoyed it, so looks like this is what fits to me.
I almost can hear the Korn's song "Right Now" every time I play Painwheel.

Last edited:
I doubt I'd be a final boss, but depends
Classical Final Fantasy/Traditional

Wow, someone else who's actually played Catherine

This will be my boss music:

Last edited:
Reactions: Undeadtoon
This is not necessary a boss theme, though it would fit perfectly, but this is my #1 music to put while playing an intensive, fast-paced or chaotic action games like Virtual On OT, Quake Live, Split/Second (even though its soundtrack is already perfect) arcade racing, etc.
It's from the first Appleseed movie, during the terrorist attack. That part of the movie was awesome, but the song is even more. Seriously, it gives me shivers everytime I listen to it.

Another cool action song from the same movie :

Reactions: Thrasher08
If I was a joke boss (thank the 1990 transformers movie for this):

if I was a serious boss:

Jesus christ no one likes spoilers, links, or just saying their themes anymore?

I never give myself a theme, but depending on the player, I'll give them a theme or a set playlist that puts me in the right vibe for playing them.