• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Personal Wut?! Todd will be here in spirit with you...

Status
Not open for further replies.
carolconcept.jpg

So I'm browsing my art folder consisting of all my sketches and shit, right? So I notice this and says to myself "damn, I have a tendency to draw my character without keeping the consistency of a final design." There nine panels were progress shots of what she looked like from the first image to the more recent one.

I have a FINAL design that I actually came up with that I'll post later on. I've posted pictures with her in them and people don't really seem to mind. I know when I used to draw MLP, I use to get a lot of negative feedback since bronies are anti-human. But I only drew MLP art to get the fame boost and I admit, it helped so I stopped since I got bored.

But this was a reflection of a loong way this girl has come.

carolineredesign900.jpg

Here's a final sketch I did last night. When I post the final version of this, I'll explain the origins of this character and how she came to be. I probably already did in a past update. Take a look below at the progress in the last two years. EVERYTHING will be explained.

carolineprogress.jpg

I can't comprehend how much practice it must take to become as talented as you are.

I can't comprehend how much practice it must take to become as talented as you are.

It takes inspiration and it also takes a drive within you to keep drawing. Without a motive to draw you don't don't find ways or take risks with art. It's because there are artists out there I admire that allows my style to change. That girl is a reflection of progress and when I finish it, I will explain everything. Thank you for the kind comment :)

bulletprogress.jpg

Here's a progress of the direction this image took. I believe it came a long way. It's still not done but I just been working on a few things for fun to see what I learned. When you have no one hassling you about things, you can freely do whatever it is you want. You be the judge and decde how this is looking.

UPDATES!

Monday, I have some illustrations I will post. Just lookout for it if you have any interest in what they could be. Yes Starfire, I am also full of the joy!

Starfire_puppy_eyes_SC.png

Here's a nice update!

Three girls from 3 great series. I thought I'd bundle them together. I gotta say, I', surprised I choose Jinx instead of Starfire. I wanted to draw Star, but I felt like there wasn't enough Jinx on the web and I needed to contribute. I can always draw Starfire. In fact, shes being worked on but I put all side assignments on pause because there is a fan art contest going on that involves Freedom Planet and I'm going to enter it. And I plan to do my best on that. Since I have no commissions, I'm going to work on it. In fact, I'm glad I kinda don't have anything for now. I gotta do my best on it and the people who came to me never really followed through so I just moved. You gotta move on. And this applies with anything. Don't wait for people, go out and make moves!

You know what's funny though? And I bring this up with Betilla, she was given such a makeover as opposed to her original design. Rayman himself looks more silly. But it's not really a serious change. Betilla use to look like this back in 1995, and now she's looks like this. In other words, she's a babe. That's one hell of a makeover but I'm not complainin'.

Cerebella! Look at those tattoos!

betilla.jpg jinx.png bikinibellaSHARP.jpg

Freedom Planet Fanart contest

So I just posted the contest link in the FP thread. To make a long story short, they are holding a fan art contest. Draw your best picture and hope to win. As you see the teaser above, this post says I decided to enter. However, the reason why I posted the contest link here and in the FP thread is to spread the word around. I don't know if people were aware of it so I'm doing the best I can to expose it more. If you want more info on the contest or to check out what others think of the game as a whole, you can visit the thread here on Skullheart. You can also visit the forums on the site to read more about the contest and prizes. If you are an artist and you are interested, I recommend the entry of the contest. I end this post with the Battalion of the Skies.

Last edited:
Reactions: Redblaze27
There's no use in hiding it anymore. Here's what I have for the next illustration I plan to enter for the drawing contest on the Freedom Planet forums. This is not the final sketch but it's the main idea I was going for. Note: things will change as the finalized version comes closer. It's still a work in progress.

freedomplanet900.jpg

Hey everyone! I'm finally done. Here is my entry for the Freedom Planet drawing contest. Just in time. I really hope it does well. I don't know if I'll place in the top 3. But if so, it would be nice. I really like what I have here. I'll provide the influence behind this image in a short description below.

So basically, the inspiration behind this came from an old sketch I did back in 2012 over the summer. It was a girl grinding a rail because I went back and decided to play my old Ratchet and Clank games. I went on a path and started from the first game all the way to A Crack in Time. Gotta love the series. So midway in I noticed there are a lot of grinding segments. I came up with an idea of a girl rail grinding. I took what I did on that old sketch and made improvements on as many corners as I could here. That's what I did here we are! And yes, I am aware there are no rail grinding segments in Freedom Planet.

It was too bad that I had a minor issue with the height placement of Carol and Milla. Carol's arm around Milla would have shown better. That would give the viewer so much clarity.

Drew this while listening to this --> Thermal Base 1

freedom900.jpg

★ Favourite Character: Milla
★ Favourite Level: Trap Hideout
★ Favourite Song: Sky Battalion

Update
All slots are full And it feels pretty damn good since the assignments I have are fun.

1. Blackfire and Starfire (Teen Titans)
2. Edith Up (Rayman Origins)
3. Lilac vs. Spade (Freedom Planet)

The first is fully paid and the other clients dropped a 5 dollar deposit. This means they pay off the rest of the amount it costs. Think of it like a pre-order...or something. Also The Freedom Planet contest. Wow! It got some unexpected love on Twitter. I thank those who shared it and I shout-out Dawn Bennet (Voice actress of Lilac) for the kind words she spoke yesterday.

tumblr_mzkgdmv3eB1se7ab0o2_250.gif

Update

For those who prolly dunno what I been doing (besides streaming) I been workin' hard on many things. On the side note, I placed 3rd in the drawing contest hosted by the GalaxyTrail team that developed Freedom Planet. The results, didn't seem biased as the UPlay one was. OMG fuck that contest, I felt cheated. For more details regarding the Freedom Planet contest results, link below under the description.

http://freedomplanet.galaxytrail.com/fanart.htm

tumblr_n7g9duilnO1qinrdfo1_400.gif

Better start picking which pins and the poster you want.

What exactly happened with the UPlay one that made it feel bias?

That contest was pretty much based on who could come up with the best mainstream idea for game culture rather than actually look for someone who could actually work. The top 10 choices that were chosen were pretty ass son. A Minecraft picture placed top 10. That's not even Ubisoft, how in the fuck? I don't know. The entries that actually had some hard effort didn't even place, but they chose Minecraft and that's not Ubisoft. Good job guys, you all sure have great taste.

796089-09.jpg

fppins.jpg

UPDATE

I'm not dead, working on some art I'll share very VERY soon. Here is a note I got from Strife as part of my prize. I placed 3rd in a drawing contest hosted by the Staff behind Freedom Planet. The voice actors really loved it. I can't get mad at those odds. I have a poster coming soon as part of the prize. Can't wait until I get it. ;)

tumblr_n8z6znoQf21tz0qlxo1_500.gif

To be fair, I imagine if I ever had to sign something with my online tag in cursive, it'd look pretty bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.