• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Eliza A Song of Blood and Beauty - Eliza Lore & Speculation

Guys I found the reference for the new palette

The first thing I thought of when I saw it was something to do with Cleopatra, but idk if thats it 100 percent.

I have yet to hear it... I'm gonna go into the beta and mash C. HK until I do.

Reactions: yellowflash26
Oh neatos. I don't go into the gameplay section due to me not being able to articulate what I want to say well.

Video showing off Eliza's new palette and some of her VO for her air moves:

It also looks like they changed the portrait they used when she is KO'd with a super. Here's the old one:

iiPnwsb.png

And here's the new one:

tRqESzn.png

As awesome as the old one was (I love all of Eliza's freaky hitstuns) I do like the new one better, I think it has better dimensions on screen and it looks more like how Eliza normally looks.

Last edited:
I definitely prefer the second batch of dialogue for Eliza, some great stuff in there. Plus her personality is really starting to show. And my god is she a complete bitch! It's great!
Also I think her new skin might be my current favorite!

She still has loads of dialogue to go though, not just for Eliza but for Albus, Horace and Sekhmet!

Reactions: Fat-Ass ♪
I definitely prefer the second batch of dialogue for Eliza, some great stuff in there. Plus her personality is really starting to show. And my god is she a complete bitch! It's great!
Also I think her new skin might be my current favorite!

She still has loads of dialogue to go though, not just for Eliza but for Albus, Horace and Sekhmet!
Yeah basically, all of her attacking VO is really chill, basically painting her as someone who would sweep you if she even bothered to care.
I noticed the only real 'aggressive' line she has is her air grab.

That, and her outtake

Just a guess but could this be an Anakaris palette.
l9PiM1g.png

I was told it's Elizabeth Taylor's Cleopatra
elizabeth-taylor-cleopatra-blue-dress.jpg
ELIZABETH TAYLOR IS MAJESTIC AS FUCK! damn... and both of them are called Eliza...well sort of...

ELIZABETH TAYLOR IS MAJESTIC AS FUCK! damn... and both of them are called Eliza...well sort of...
I mean the name Eliza is actually a reference to
Elizabeth Báthory
a hungarian countess who would kill virgin girls and bathe in their blood as a means to preserver her youth, this is referenced in one of Eliza's old concepts where she is seen in a bathtub of blood as well

I mean the name Eliza is actually a reference to
Elizabeth Báthory
a hungarian countess who would kill virgin girls and bathe in their blood as a means to preserver her youth, this is referenced in one of Eliza's old concepts where she is seen in a bathtub of blood as well

I think it's a dual reference isn't it?
Like really it's a reference to both Elizabeth Taylor and Elizabeth Báthory, and they're both named Elizabeth so,
Eliza.

Reactions: ElizaLover4Life
nahh i think it is coincidence
meh i dont think so.. i mean ok elizabeth bathory did that, but elizabeth taylor acted as cleopatra in a movie, and our eliza is a vampire that feeds on blood, just like bathory, and is egyptian, like taylor.. maybe it is coincidence i dont think so

I swear I've heard before that there was a dual reference involve Elizabeth Taylor because she had played Cleopatra and that's who Eliza's appearance is based on, that's all I know.

Reactions: ElizaLover4Life
Given the palette and given said role is Cleopatra, a woman who was said to be the most beautiful woman in the world and Eliza Bathony, who murdered virgins for their blood to keep beautiful. WELLLL

I swear I've heard before that there was a dual reference involve Elizabeth Taylor because she had played Cleopatra and that's who Eliza's appearance is based on, that's all I know.

Pretty sure you're right. It's both.

Eh, Cleopatra wasn't that good looking. Based on historical texts and coinage, she was either average looking or very masculine looking.

Eliza is obviously based on the 'romanticized' Cleopatra, and I don't have to complain about that.

I distinctly remember Alex referring to both Elizabeth Taylor as Cleopatra and Elizabeth Bathory as references when he discussed Eliza.

I think Eliza is real and those two people are just based on her.
(She is, we're just really really not supposed to talk about it)

Eh, Cleopatra wasn't that good looking. Based on historical texts and coinage, she was either average looking or very masculine looking.
B..but that power, grace, and historical relevance! I...I might be able to look past that asp-escially if she could sing or hum a little ditty. :PUN: *gets tomato'd and then truck full of tomatoes backs over Shock*

Reactions: Covenant
That could have been the S#@% back in the day....plus there's a group/culture that likes manly women/womanly men.

Beauty, eye-of-the-beholder, and all that jazz

To quote Plutarch (who admittedly wrote about her a century after her death) “her beauty… was in itself not altogether incomparable, nor such as to strike those who saw her.” The coinage showing her as masculine could have simply been political in nature, to help legitimize the rule of a female queen. The thing that is fairly well agreed upon is that she was very charming and witty. Chances are her physical attractiveness wasn't what made her the most desirable woman at the time.

To quote Plutarch (who admittedly wrote about her a century after her death) “her beauty… was in itself not altogether incomparable, nor such as to strike those who saw her.” The coinage showing her as masculine could have simply been political in nature, to help legitimize the rule of a female queen. The thing that is fairly well agreed upon is that she was very charming and witty. Chances are her physical attractiveness wasn't what made her the most desirable woman at the time.
I imagine Eliza's the same, she's well known for being 'charitable' and she's gotta keep that popularity bt being a very likable person, well on the surface at least.

According to today's patch notes Eliza got "a teensy bit more VO". What I would give to be a PC user who could play beta...

Anyone know what the new lines are?

According to today's patch notes Eliza got "a teensy bit more VO". What I would give to be a PC user who could play beta...

grunts for jumping

She had that already. The only new thing I found is that when her air grab misses, she now says "Whiff".

I think it's

• Atum Array! (j.HP)
  • Glyph! (Failed air grab)

I think it's

• Atum Array! (j.HP)
  • Glyph! (Failed air grab)

She had the j hp one before. And its definitely "whiff".