• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Eliza A Song of Blood and Beauty - Eliza Lore & Speculation

Spoilers: Eliza final boss revealed.

View attachment 3981
So much beauty and diamonds...I want story mode soon!
tumblr_ma7opdd5cE1ryf7dio1_500.gif

I really like the Eliza/Squigly picture... but god damn that's an unfortunate choice of blood waterfall positioning.
I was gonna get that shirt but I don't want to be sent home for having a shirt with a girl on her monthly.

Since in terms of gameplay all that's left is contractor work, they can focus entirely on making the art assets.

Also, this happened:
WBH6mc4.png

Guess I should be glad since this was one of three fan made palettes I did (and the color coordination almost matches the one I did) but I would have preferred a Mariah palette to do the JoJo rep. I just hope Eliza doesn't end up like Bella who loses the tan in most of her palettes. So far, Eliza's are a 50/50 deal.

Also, this happened:
WBH6mc4.png

Guess I should be glad since this was one of three fan made palettes I did (and the color coordination almost matches the one I did) but I would have preferred a Mariah palette to do the JoJo rep. I just hope Eliza doesn't end up like Bella who loses the tan in most of her palettes. So far, Eliza's are a 50/50 deal.
I don't think the palettes are totally done until they get the individual colors in for her assists.

I really hope they get Horace colored as Petshop and Albus as Vanilla Ice.

Yeah I really like the blond/pale Eliza with the black and white clothing (Palette 3 I believe), but I do think she needs more dark skinned palettes. I hope that the majority of her 'original color' or 'non-reference' palettes will be dark skinned. Obviously can't hold it against them if they give her light skin for a palette that is a reference to a light skinned character.
Maybe she could have a couple of palettes that are references to dark skinned characters but to be honest, Ii can't think of any.

I would have preferred a KIRA palette to do the JoJo rep.
FTFM -_-"

Yeah I really like the blond/pale Eliza with the black and white clothing, but I do think she needs more dark skinned palettes.
Well, I'm not innocent in that regard either as the majority of my "palette wishlist" (Mariah, Tsuzurao, Oichi and Mathilda) would give her lighter skin tones.

Medici Mob Boss said:
Maybe she could have a couple of palettes that are references to dark skinned characters but to be honest, I can't think of any.
Some ideas: Astarte (Castlevania), Ms Fortune, Alice (Virtue's Last Reward), Gloria (DMC4) and Oarasiyk, the fan proposed Parasoul clone.

It's ultimately pointless for me. I'll likely just rock default and call it a day. It's such a pleasant balance of colors, it would be a crime to not use it. Like vanilla Val. VALNILLA! #NeverForget :3

Edit note: screw one url and it's like a virtual tornado passed through the post. -_-"

Last edited:
I saw an Elena palette for Eliza and I thought it was really cool. Wish I could find it for all to see. Really diggin' the Kikuri Hime palette, me being an absolute slut for anything SMT related and all. Eliza can pull off the deep dark skin palettes very well. Not too fond of her light skin palettes, she looks kinda vampiric; though she is in a sense but still.

I saw an Elena palette for Eliza and I thought it was really cool. Wish I could find it for all to see. Really diggin' the Kikuri Hime palette, me being an absolute slut for anything SMT related and all. Eliza can pull off the deep dark skin palettes very well. Not too fond of her light skin palettes, she looks kinda vampiric; though she is in a sense but still.
Elena? I think it's ment to be Urian.

Reactions: agent13
Elena? I think it's ment to be Urian.

No, it was Elena. I knew it was based off of her because of the sparkly rainbow bangles she wears. Lemme see if I can find it.

I personal favorite ideas for Eliza colors tend to be the more unusual looking non-human ones: Anakaris (Vampire), Mumm-Ra (Thundercats), Apocalypse (Marvel), The Enchantress (Shovel Knight), etc.

I know agent13 did a Elena palette and I think Zazz did one as well but I can't say for certain (the previous Eliza discussion topic closed so I couldn't keep updating the palette archive and I also felt it was pointless to bring it here).
In any case, I admit I deliberately omitted suggesting Elena given there's already two Street Fighter palettes in the game.

Last edited:
Reactions: agent13
Yep, that was the one. My ol' comp froze on me before I could paste it lol. But hey, why stop at 2? Make it an even 3.

Here's another Elena palette I found from user Rynozilla. Talented chap, me like.

Eliza27.png

No, it was Elena. I knew it was based off of her because of the sparkly rainbow bangles she wears. Lemme see if I can find it.
OH I THOUGHT YOU MEANT ELIZA ALREADY HAD AN ELENA PALETTE.
Omg, I'm sorry, it's 4am and I can't read apparently.

OH I THOUGHT YOU MEANT ELIZA ALREADY HAD AN ELENA PALETTE.
Omg, I'm sorry, it's 4am and I can't read apparently.

(lol, i wish) No problem.

Just tried her for the first time. Really impressed with all the references to Egyptian mythology in her moveset. I'll admit I didn't even pick up on Apep/Apophis chasing Ra's boat in her s. HK or the Geb / Nut thing with her recovery until I watched the video where mike pointed it out, though I subconsciously recognized that (the geb/nut) as being SOMETHING in Egyptian mythology. I'm wondering if her c. HK is supposed to be Sobek or Ammit, though.

YEAH SON.
Looking back on it now, we probably should of asked Alex what "story" characters were needed for each canon story mode.
He stated which characters a long time ago.

All of the initial cast, Squigly, Umbrella and I believe Black Dahlia.

Yup. Squigly, Umbrella, Dahlia and, Marie were all required for Skullgirls 1.
Eliza was the big boss of SG 2 (and I would assume Annie would be heavily involved in this arc too - the top layer of characters on the DLC vote page are all ones Alex specifically wanted in), which is why she's going to have so much lore in her story mode.
Isaac was an SG3 thing if I'm not mistaken. Can't recall a source on that though.

From the IGG campaign, after Squigly being successfully funded, the necessary characters to finish the SG1 canon story arc are Umbrella, Marie and Black Dahlia.
They didn't go far because of the "will be added eventually" premise. Then Umbrella getting shafted became a running gag.
IMHO, if that mindset wasn't present, I feel Dahlia might have gone very far, maybe even take Round 2.

Eliza_pallets.png

01 - default
02 - customary RGB flip palette
03 - customary black/white/gold palette (might move to #5)
04 - ???
05 - Eliza (Tekken)
06 - Midnight Bliss Jedah (Vampire Savior)
07 - Kikuri-hime (Shin Megami Tensei series)
08 - Crimson Viper (Street Fighter IV) (a character also voice by Michelle Ruff)
09 - Original
10 - Princess Iset (Vindictus)
11 - Tharja (Fire Emblem)
12 - Urien (Street Fighter III)
13 - ???
14 - DIO (JoJo's Bizarre Adventure)

Hmm. Well if we only needed Squig, Marie, Umbrella and B. Dahlia, why didn't they just promote those chars only in the IGG campaign? We got around 800K so we would have definitely got all of them funded. That way, SG1 story would be complete. Because Eliza is involved in SG1, I'm sure not EVERYTHING would be explained for the sake of SG2 story right?

I too don't get why they didn't go on whit the premised cast, I guess letting the fans decide helped the project get more founding. I hope we'll see them all in SG2.
Now this makes me wonder: will Eliza still be the boss in the next game? Or we will get Venus and Aeon?
Eliza boss sounds pretty badass. Maybe in Robofortune's story?

Likely because such a small choice pool would not be enticing enough for people to donate. Having a say on who gets to be the next playable character has a lot of appeal and narrowing that down to 3 characters likely wouldn't fly. If anything, the IGG would have to be promoted as "A stretch goal to fund Umbrella", "B stretch goal to fund Dahlia" and "C stretch goal to fund Marie".
As Keep Skullgirls Growing went down, the system of showing votable characters as the drive increased was a marketing strategy to keep people interested in seeing who they could be voting for. Bearing in mind the initial plea was 150K so they could finish Squigly and ended up raising close to a million, funding three whole new characters plus Robo-Fortune in the process, I won't dare say they made a bad call. Quite the contrary.

EDIT: ninja'd twice in a row.
I have disonorobru my ancesterusu and must commit sudoku to atone for my shamefur dispray. X_X

Nobody is saying that it was a bad move, it was a great idea, we all got excited for it. Having the planned cast may have been better for the lore, though.

I too don't get why they didn't go on whit the premised cast, I guess letting the fans decide helped the project get more founding. I hope we'll see them all in SG2.
Now this makes me wonder: will Eliza still be the boss in the next game? Or we will get Venus and Aeon?

Yeah, that's my exact question too.

If anything, the IGG would have to be promoted as "A stretch goal to fund Umbrella", "B stretch goal to fund Dahlia" and "C stretch goal to fund Marie".
As Keep Skullgirls Growing went down, the system of showing votable characters as the drive increased was a marketing strategy to keep people interested in seeing who they could be voting for. Bearing in mind the initial plea was 150K so they could finish Squigly and ended up raising close to a million, funding three whole new characters plus Robo-Fortune in the process, I won't dare say they made a bad call. Quite the contrary.

I see what you mean, I forgot about that part. And yes, I agree I don't think this was a bad call. If anything, it could indirectly lead to an SG2 with seeing what a colorful cast of characters and enticing story SG delivers and all.

Having the planned cast may have been better for the lore, though.
Indeed but given the circumstances, it seems they had to compromise.

If anything, it could indirectly lead to an SG2 with seeing what a colorful cast of characters and enticing story SG delivers and all.
Let's hope so. Alas, from what I gathered, Lab Zero doesn't seem to have a "solid footing" to keep adding content (besides balancing) after Robo-Fortune is done. The news of a PS4 and Vita ports do point at a bright future. Hopefully, they can secure funds to add the last 3 characters and move on. However, and this a uneducated perception, a sequel is more than just plastering a 2 on the title screen and watch the money pour in - there's usually new menus, HUD, art assets, characters, etc. Lotsa costly stuff, so I do wonder if it would be better to make a sequel or keep supporting SG1?
Well, these are ponderings for other pastures and I am certain they will make the right call. I mean, how many times did the gaming community declared Skullgirls "legally dead" and yet, here it stands, thriving after having soldiered through some very complicated odds.

Back to Eliza's boss status, it depends on what her story arc would entail. It seems the first story arc is around Marie and the Medici and the third about Theonite and the goddesses (and whatever nasty things the Renoirs are keeping under wraps). Eliza being the main antagonist of a story arc, it's tricky to say what would happen since the only other major players hinted at are Samson and Leviathan. Maybe something in her story mode will hint at that but I wouldn't be surprised if the way her story plays in a SG1 is a mellower version of how her story would be in SG2; IMHO, they wouldn't have her completely obfuscate the current arc antagonist (Marie).

tumblr_n8z9681xjq1rctdi7o1_1280.png

Couldn't find the actual Part 3 taunt... (.__.)

@MajoraZ you mean c.mk? that's sobek.
Haha, yeah. I woke up today, and my first thought, before I even got out of bed was:

"Dang, I totally called Eliza's c.MK her c.HK last night in the lore thread"

I think I played too much skullgirls last night, if such a thing is possible.

Reactions: yellowflash26
I'm thinking SERIOUSLY about playing her just because of that Dio palette.

I'm thinking SERIOUSLY about playing her just because of that Dio palette.
which also happens to be another brazil palette :D

I don't think anyone who hasn't read JoJo at least until the end of Part 3 should have the option of selecting that amazing palette.

Reactions: Covenant
I don't think anyone who hasn't read JoJo at least until the end of Part 3 should have the option of selecting that amazing palette.
Or at least played the capcom jojo's game.

Doing both would be best.

Reactions: Colossi
But I hate part 3 and Jotaro in general.

Is this the week she comes out on console or next week, cause I cant wait no more
Eliza isn't done at all?