• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Eliza A Song of Blood and Beauty - Eliza Lore & Speculation

If Eliza is two more weeks, then is Beo four more weeks.:PUN:

No listen to me. I am important.

Yeah, what he said!

What do you guys think of Eliza's time out pose? It's kind of weird.
Half the time Albus is glaring at the air because the opponent is standing to behind him.
Also I think few people even realize Horace stands behind Eliza's chair, it's just very rare to see him unless both players position themselves a certain way.
I'm not saying I hate it, I mean Eliza looks so cool/cranky as she lounges, and Albus is funny, it's just it's so big and it takes up so much space.
Check out what's changed from the original concept. Eliza was in a different, equally funny, pose. And Albus and Horace both stood a lot closer to her chair.
tumblr_n7p2s4wIyj1s4c693o1_500h.jpg

Also look how ripped Horace was!

Reactions: SmashBlade
They said one time at Salty that it needs to be fixed up. Horace isn't supposed to be that far away.

Mm, I think they changed Eliza's faint to a pouty look since Parasoul got the fainting thing patented. Hope the Horace issue is already fixed so I can play with Eliza.....it's like having a Christmas present you cannot open. T_T

Mm, I think they changed Eliza's faint to a pouty look since Parasoul got the fainting thing patented. Hope the Horace issue is already fixed so I can play with Eliza.....it's like having a Christmas present you cannot open. T_T
Don't worry. you'll be able to play her in two weeks.

Reactions: EA575
tumblr_n9zl9cPtea1skx39go1_1280.jpg

ELIZA'S BEEN MAKING ME SO FUCKING MAD BECAUSE SHE KEEPS DOING SHIT I DON'T UNDERSTAND, LAB 0 RELEASE HER STORY MODE HOLY FUCKING TITS.

Reactions: Kuzlalala
dear everyone,
we don't have sekhmets lines yet

I still cross the finger in hope for her to get the Gollum voice

Faye Valentine doing a Gilbert Gottfried impression

BRB, practicing Sekhmet combos

Does anyone know what the new palette for her is (besides the I-No one, obv)? The hint Mike gave us was 'Grandfather, please think about this...'. It looks so familiar but I can't think of the reference....

'Grandfather, please think about this...'
If my Google-Fu is still sharp, that quote is from Odin Sphere. But she already has a Odette palette. ....."Odette palette". *chuckle*
I can't find a YT video of the new update so I can't tell if it's Odette or a second OS reference palette.

The 8/8 patch notes pertaining to Eliza are:
- Even more colored frames! Throw, Lv3, c.MK, MK summon and tag in, etc. Effect for s.HK. Gettin' close!
- Two new palettes! Grandfather, please think about this... and 6FRC6.
- Multiple fixes to the color of things like servants, blood, and fire for other palettes. (Brian, you are the best.)
- Increase vertical range of air super, it can now grab higher-up opponents.
- Decrease advantage after Lady of Slaughter by 6 frames. guitalex might know why...
- She will no longer be knocked toward the opponent when hit out of Sekhmet while facing backward.
- Fix 1f window where she wouldn't go into hitstun when merging with Sekhmet's anchor.
- Returning to anchor with Sekhmet is now considered counterhit so she can't tech throws during the movement part.

Sounds like all that's left to color/clean up are her win pose costumes and a few of Sekhmet's actions.

So, the other palette is Velvet from Odin Sphere?
I take it the palette is the same as the one on the right...right?
8vAtpAO.png

Black, red, yellow, stockings, the hair colored as the hood and the staff colored like the chains and crystals, I'd reckon that if it's a OS reference, it's Velvet. She's got two SF palettes, so why not two OS palettes? *shrug*

They hired a professional voice actress to sit in the studio and make absolutely no noise whatsoever.
I wish Wendee Lee did just that when she was hired to voice Xianghua in SCII. :3

Reactions: Medici Mob Boss
I take it the palette is the same as the one on the right...right?
8vAtpAO.png

Black, red, yellow, stockings, the hair colored as the hood and the staff colored like the chains and crystals, I'd reckon that if it's a OS reference, it's Velvet. She's got two SF palettes, so why not two OS palettes? *shrug*

I wish Wendee Lee did just that when she was hired to voice Xianghua in SCII. :3
yeah, it's the one on the right

Reactions: Balder
All this Odin Sphere Eliza palettes kinda make me want to try the game now lol.

Yep, now that i'm comparing Velvet and Eliza, that's definitely the reference they were going for. I'd say brighten the shade of pink on her blood to better match her Psypher and make Eliza's hair blond and it'd be 1:1

. and 6FRC6.
Is this a GG input? (forward FRC forward)

Is this a GG input? (forward FRC forward)
Yes. It's the hint for the I-no palette she got. The one NOT!Persona was working on the other day. ヽ(´ー`)ノ

Cost-effective as they are becoming, I wouldn't be surprised if all the ones that have been made are going to stay. If so, she might only have 4 more to go (or maybe just 2). I'd lament the absence of a certain favorite but to the Fifth Heaven with it! Gonna roll with default anyway...

Reactions: EA575
K guys, 1 week.

Ravi posted this on Neogaf yesterday btw peoples

"The main thing left is voice work.

We've recorded all the voices for Eliza and hew crew now, but Vince still needs to cut them up and script them in the game. Scheduling all of these actors during the summer was pretty difficult, and was a delay we didn't expect.

While he's doing that, Earl will finish up her tutorials, Ian will finish up her AI, and Alex will finish up her action shot.

Should have more than just crotch jiggle to show for Beowulf, soon. His preproduction is progressing pretty rapidly"

I almost asked why Eliza doesn't have crotch jiggle then thought better of it..

I have learned a lesson today.

I almost asked why Eliza doesn't have crotch jiggle then thought better of it..

I have learned a lesson today.
Technically, she can make her crotch jiggle...

Technically, she can make her crotch jiggle...
Is that s.mk or are you just happy to see me?

Also she seems to have so many red palettes, wow she turned out great I really like playing as her and all the extra palette details

*6FRC6*
I always felt Chemical Love was a little tricky to pull off consistently (HCB, Forward IIRC) probably because one usually doesn't equate such a motion with a "plain special move" but oh boy! did it hit like a truck.
I always liked I-no because I love the idea of beating people up with NOT!Shiina Ringo but she always felt very dull to play as. But that dullness was likely product of me only knowing the game on a very superficial level. Come GGXrd, I intend to give her a more honest chance. (Especially now that Daisuke is cutting out my favorites to clog the roster with Blazblue rejects...sheesh!)

Moving on the topic proper, here is a video with the latest palettes and colored frames:
And yer complementary screenshot:
UYfH4Rl.png

Incidentally, I take it everyone is keeping tabs on the latest art contest to draw a new costume over Eliza's win pose frame, right?
Lots of amazing entries so far. I'm almost tempted to ask Mike how much would it cost to draw, clean, color and code a new frame and then pony up the dough to make it happen.(・∀・)つ⑩

Lastly, xryuu's latest update is pretty darn kyooot.
tumblr_na0fn3EMnD1rctdi7o3_500.png

Am I the only guy that wish she had more colors when it comes to blood it's like all I been seeing it different types of red sadly...

Am I the only guy that wish she had more colors when it comes to blood it's like all I been seeing it different types of red sadly...

They are palletizing her blood. In the newest update. Some colors that had red blood now have different colors.

Reactions: SoulBlueFlash