• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Eliza A Song of Blood and Beauty - Eliza Lore & Speculation

Still, though. Eliza's process features Ms. Fortune. That could be something.

(Then again Ms. Fortune should be paired with Robo-Fortune but I could be wrong)

emlan just went all out and shared the entirety of her contributions during the brainstorming times.
Here's 1 out of 3 (rest added to the compendium post):
tumblr_n7iamqZt3Y1qhksomo1_1280.png

Oh hey, is it fine I basically whip out some biology headcanons and other shit?

• Sekhmet is an exoskeletal creature.
  • Sekhmet's heart contains theonite which treats the blood pumped through it, explaining why Eliza can't just go bloodbender on opponents and how she manipulates is as it gives similar properties as to say bees and pheromones.
  • Eliza's staff is likely either A, magically treated gold to prevent it from being damaged or a mix of something like gold-plated and steel. Either way it would weigh a lot and is a true demonstration of how strong Sekhmet is.

With the funny faces is like Eliza is the type of character that never got hit by someone and gets pissed off with the ones that break her beauty.

Reactions: Osmiumsmith
Am saddened that Eliza almost certainly didn't get the hellfire clone in the concept above. As someone with fond memories of Symphony of the Night, it would have been awesome. I'm not the professional game designer, though, and I get "is awesome" isn't reason enough.

Am saddened that Eliza almost certainly didn't get the hellfire clone in the concept above. As someone with fond memories of Symphony of the Night, it would have been awesome. I'm not the professional game designer, though, and I get "is awesome" isn't reason enough.

I’m feeling pretty okay about it looking like Eliza’s not going to get that “blood trap” special. As someone that was a Testament player, it would be great if it made it in to the game as an actual trap, but something seems a bit off about that artwor... Oh, hell!

That screech.. that... sound... it's like a whale having an epileptic fit in the middle of a bowel movement. It has start up that lasts ages and isn’t even that good at first, but people will get hit with anything once they’re too busy covering their ears and shouting “Shut up, you shit slinging bastard!” at the cabinet.
155.png

Last edited:
Man, Cerebella, Eliza, Valentine, the Mob...

Everyone wants Ms. Fortune's body fluids.
Who is this "Man" and what does he want with Nadia? We getting a new character and I wasn't told?! (ºAº)

Am saddened that Eliza almost certainly didn't get the hellfire clone in the concept above.
Yeah, it's a crying shame a bunch of concepts didn't make it past that stage. Personally, I'd love to see the scorpion claw choke hold (especially since I was hoping for a Serket reference) and Sekhmet's Sunlight Spear.
x56WdFX.png

tumblr_n7hdwgNo2P1rc7rv4o6_1280.jpg

As is, it's almost certain the remaining Blockbusters are the blood hippos and possibly the dive bomb variation of her air throw (I highly doubt they animate all of that just for kicks n' giggles as Mike Z mentions plenty of times how they've become very efficient at not devoting time and resources to things that won't be in the game).

Bit of a dickish thing to say but I confess I was hoping Sekhmet would have about 2 special moves of her own. (.__.)

*Kusaregedo*
I well remember that freak. His victory pose was eating his own flesh. ITADAKIMASU!!

Shame what happened to SNKP. I would love to see another 2D Samurai Spirits; great series with a very memorable cast of characters. The last one, even if it had everyone and then some, was kinda ruined with that silly festival premise. A shame because you can tell they went through a lot of problem updating everyone, with some characters practically rebuilt from scratch (like Gen-an and Wan-fu, my old SS1 mains).

PS: looks like Conceptartapalooza is over. <:3

Who is this "Man" and what does he want with Nadia? We getting a new character and I wasn't told?! (ºAº)

I BET it's Irvin :3

Reactions: Balder

It is ME!

And everyone else, really.

She is hot.

Reactions: Shooon and Balder
As is, it's almost certain the remaining Blockbusters are the blood hippos and possibly the dive bomb variation of her air throw (I highly doubt they animate all of that just for kicks n' giggles as Mike Z mentions plenty of times how they've become very efficient at not devoting time and resources to things that won't be in the game).

Huh? blood hippos? that isn't her MP?

Those are not hippos. They're stylized jaguars, or pumas I can't remember, from an egyptian painting

Those are not hippos. They're stylized jaguars, or pumas I can't remember, from an egyptian painting

Yeah that makes sense and I was thinking the same but I read to someone that those were hippos, I wonder where I read that.

Also I think they are lionesses, their ears are like that and it fits with Egypt.

A updated palette chart, courtesy of the Wikia:
Eliza_pallets.png

1 - Default
2 - Original
3 - Customary black/white/gold palette
4 - ???
5 - Eliza (Tekken)
6 - Midnight Bliss Jedah (Vampire Savior)
7 - ???
8 - ???
9 - ???

8 looks like a watermelon xD. And 9's blood looks like sand which is kinda cool.

9 looks close to a Ms Fortune palette, but the top and hands are the wrong color.

9 looks close to a Ms Fortune palette, but the top and hands are the wrong color.

And the dress thing.
And where Ms. Fortune's speedo is.
And the shoes.
And the Ankh ribbon.
And the headdress.
And everything aside from maybe the skin and hair.

Reactions: SmashBlade
So for now the only palettes with alternative blood colours are 4 and 9.

And the dress thing.
And where Ms. Fortune's speedo is.
And the shoes.
And the Ankh ribbon.
And the headdress.
And everything aside from maybe the skin and hair.
Ankh ribbon would need to be recolored to match Ms F's belt.
Skirt would need to be recolored to match Ms F's leggings.
Headdress looks like a lighter shade of brown than Ms F's ears but otherwise looks about the right color. Gold inlay is only outstanding trait there.
Nails on hand should be white instead of blue.
Eyes, skin color, and hair are correct color.

Maybe it's just how I process things but it looked like the closest thing to a Ms Fortune palette that we've seen. And giving Eliza one would be appropriate given that both have cat and blood motifs.

Eliza got the whole behind in her hand
Stop hogging

I really like the Eliza/Squigly picture... but god damn that's an unfortunate choice of blood waterfall positioning.
Yeah.....I didn't want to be the one to say it.....
Well drawn, but just.....dang.

I did not think that. I don't want to think about it. Godammit Cell

Thanks a lot Cellsai, now I can't unsee it.

where's the c.viper palette lol

I heard it got cut for whatever reason.

I heard it got cut for whatever reason.

:(

well does anyone have the movelist for eliza or know what they're called i'm curious lol

On a different note... judging from the cameo in the Streets of New Meridian, somebody at Lab Zero is a fan of Supergiant Games. So I'm just gonna say it: if there isn't a palette for fellow Eliza's fellow ass-kicking singer, Red from Transistor, that will be a truly sad missed opportunity.
She's not from Bastion. All of those characters are actually Alex's old workmates from GaiaOnline:

canopolis_npc01.jpg

This is from 2008/9; a few years before Bastion was released.

This is from 2008/9; a few years before Bastion was released.
To be fair there are in fact a couple Bastion references among Alex's old workmates in the Streets of New Meridian, like the Squirt and Cael Hammer.

Reactions: GrinningMan81
To be fair there are in fact a couple Bastion references among Alex's old workmates in the Streets of New Meridian, like the Squirt and Cael Hammer.
Ha. I totally never noticed the Squirt.
EDIT: I also didn't actually realize it was the Cael Hammer. I thought it was just a generic hammer that happened to look kind of like Cael too. On closer inspection, yes it is very clearly that hammer. Cheers!

I heard [the C.Viper palette] got cut for whatever reason.
Has it actually been said why Alex didn't want this? I'm pretty curious.
I don't particularly care about the palette itself..

Last edited:

I'm guessing the squirt is what GrinningMan was talking about. It's right over that character's shoulder.

Edit: Er..yeah, I should have listened to that warning about a new message being posted.