• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Eliza A Song of Blood and Beauty - Eliza Lore & Speculation

__creeps into the forum

So, i heard squigly and big band actually talk to eliza anyone else say anything to her (like openings and raw tags and w.e)

__creeps into the forum

So, i heard squigly and big band actually talk to eliza anyone else say anything to her (like openings and raw tags and w.e)
Yah because their recordings knew about upcomming DLC, The only reason why the whole cast has Squigly tag lines is because she was already supposed to be DLC

Reactions: agent13
__creeps into the forum

It's just them cuz they're DLC and recorded those lines. The main cast didn't

Reactions: agent13
I WANT HER C.MK TO BE GOLDEN
AND A LINE AGAINST PEACOCK LIKE "Beware of gold crocodiles!"

On a Side Note:How is that bitch named pronounced anyway
Kirā Kuīn

Anywho, Outtake ready for cleanup and color.
tumblr_n76cs0xreZ1s4e0qxo1_500.gif

I like how Eliza's clothes cover up the transition from blood to bone so you don't see any awkward or gross seams.
That move with multiple hits where she lifts up her blood like a shirt to reveal Sekhmet is a better example.

Reactions: chickenwithtie
Well, as gorish and scary she is, she still has to show elegant manners. That's why there's gross stuff only when she gets beaten, I suppose

I like how Eliza's clothes cover up the transition from blood to bone so you don't see any awkward or gross seams.
We should be very appreciative Lab Zero goes the extra mile for those details. Nowadays every 2D fighter has to have at least one character whose shtick is make all sorta crap appear out of nowhere; it's OK when it's one or two characters and there's some rhyme or reason to it (Blazblue's Kokonoe could be a good example) but those types got cheapened considerably in most modern 2D fighters with casts that make all sorts of things pop up with little more than a hand flick. Essentially, a lot of visual spectacle that doesn't require that much work in terms of animation (Sega's Dengeki Watchacallit comes to mind).
As far as 2D fighters with wacky transformation basic moves go, Skullgirls is fortunately more like Darkstalkers (I make the comparison a lot but it is one done out of reverence).

Anywho, since I'm at it, I out-loud wonder if...
a) there will be any more animation WIP streams? But I can understand if they want to save some surprises for the official reveal.
b) the model sheet is going to be released? All the others are and Band's was out long before his release...
Don't wanna bug the fine folks of LZ over this though. (.__.)

Eliza_Lose.png

Less growling and more fanning, Albus.

Me and my proofreading habits proved convenient this time...
Latest stream - Eliza Colours
6szA0GY.png

EDIT: stream's finale. Palette rings a bell to anyone? Not Oichi's colors, that much I can disappointingly say. :3
r7I4b5F.png

Last edited:
Reactions: PaperBag_Sniper
I guess this salty we will see her last special moves and lv 1 super, Sekhmet in next salty I guess before evo.

I'm hoping we see some more stuff this week. I'm eager for another update soon too.

Reactions: Kuzlalala
O-ojou-sama's pantsu.
Yeah, I was expecting an update when I got up, since that was roughly the time updated last week.

I'm just curious though, if they're started doing the recording for her or not?

Reactions: SanoBaron
O-ojou-sama's pantsu.
Yeah, I was expecting an update when I got up, since that was roughly the time updated last week.

I'm just curious though, if they're started doing the recording for her or not?

Well, I can't remember exactly what it was they said but during the last Salty they said they had the voices picked out and announced who was playing who. Then they said (I think) they would be starting recording soon, which probably meant within the next week of that Salty. So it's possible they have recorded most or all of Eliza's lines and possibly the others, most likely would be just Eliza and Sekhmet finished so far but I'm excited to see the progress update this week voice work or not. ^^

Well, I can't remember exactly what it was they said but during the last Salty they said they had the voices picked out and announced who was playing who. Then they said (I think) they would be starting recording soon, which probably meant within the next week of that Salty. So it's possible they have recorded most or all of Eliza's lines and possibly the others, most likely would be just Eliza and Sekhmet finished so far but I'm excited to see the progress update this week voice work or not. ^^
That's all I need.
I'm just SUPER curious on what their takes are, Eliza I can kinda imagine? But with Wendee Lee's list of mostly kiddies (or the ones she's most famous for), her take on Sekhmet is gonna interest me the most.

I had to find a appropriate picture it was kinda hard ^
you know it is possible to edit your posts so that you dont double post, especially in the short time frame that you posted the last two posts in

Lol. I was thinking Eliza could have a Menace palette, but then I realized that there wouldn't be much to change or work with.

I really want a Beatrice Palette with a red truth sekhmet, thats just me though

Nothing of this is cannon. All is entertaining.
OUJO-SAMAAAAAA!! <3 <3 <3 *swoons*

Coincidence or just the illusion of coincidence but a good amount of those made it to the game. I spot: assist taunt, the cheeky costume that got folks riled up (now that I see that it's meant to be a ♀, it has earned my recognition), something very similar to her Lv3, pulling the leg as a stocking (used in the intro), s.LK, j.HK, crumple and the air dash.
Not gonna happen but I wish they had used the scorpion grip as her opposite direction throw. *heavy bias towards choke hold throws*

And, pardon the gratuitous dickery but it's spelled canon, not cannon.

Anyway, it would appear the proverbial floodgates are open because emlan also shared a nice set of artworks, including the concept art for 214+K.
tumblr_n7fi0jgdSD1qhksomo2_1280.png

tumblr_n7glmci74b1qhksomo2_1280.png

tumblr_n7glmci74b1qhksomo1_500.png

tumblr_n7gozimoMX1qhksomo1_500.png

Fun fact: the "gym clothes" is actually a old-timey swimsuit. We dun goofed. <:3

Now you see me, now you don't. Now you see me, now you don't. Now you see me, now you don't....~
tumblr_n74816ysXk1rsc8ybo1_1280.gif

And NOW you're talking of a Menace palette. Un-friggin'-believable... -_-"

And NOW you're talking of a Menace palette. Un-friggin'-believable... -_-"

Hey, I just said it was an idea I had. But it wouldn't really work bc of obvious reasons.

Also, I never noticed that she was pulling her leg up like a stocking. I guess cuz the animation isn't complete yet. But that's pretty cool.

Last edited:
Hey, I just said it was an idea I had. But it wouldn't really work bc of obvious reasons.
It's alright. It's just that the Menasu palette is something I mentioned all the way back during Waifu War I.
As for the palette not working, well, they could make it unique and apply a semi-transparency effect like in Squigly's skirt. :3

Anywho...
The art compendium post (#2 of this here topic) has been updated to include the recently revealed concept art.
Get your Eliza art fix with maximum convenience.

Nonetheless, I humbly ask those with better DA/Tumblr skills to keep us in the loop. Your assistance is valuable. <(__)>

Reactions: OldOnyxBones
The concept art seem to indicate that Ms. Fortune will play a big role (or at least just a role) in Eliza's story.

Reactions: Benji-Blacksky
I dunno. I kinda like the Eliza-Fortune Sis-mance going on. Whether or not it happens in canon, I can sort of dig it. both do use blood after all, so I could see Eliza trying to use Fortune as a source of infinite blood or somesuch.

Reactions: Kuzlalala
There's also the fact that if one of Fortune's limbs came off and blood started spewing out...

Who knows if Eliza could even control herself around such a thing?

I'm hype over Ms. Fortune's relationship with Eliza.

No really wasn't Big Band's progress shown with him against Peacock?

Makes me wonder if the story will involve Ms. Fortune discovering Eliza's tomb in her stage.

Fortune is a thief, so that can work :0
Some concept art confirms it too. I don't think it would work great with the whole Medici thing, though.

Maybe after Ms. Fortune finds Eliza, they team up and then fight against the Medici? idk

Reactions: Benji-Blacksky
Fortune is a thief, so that can work :0
Some concept art confirms it too. I don't think it would work great with the whole Medici thing, though.
What concept art?

Ms Fortune would of only been a little toddler when Eliza was under her current guise.