• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Eliza A Song of Blood and Beauty - Eliza Lore & Speculation

no no no no no THIS IS WHITE WASHING:
tumblr_mnngulfB2a1rvmh7xo1_1280.jpg

10 and 11 always look too similar to me in-game, and i don't really see the point in the second one. It has....different dress?

10 and 11 reference two different characters. They don't look all that similar.

...yeah, I admit the term isn't the best. -_-"
The idea is more about a majority of her alternate palettes giving her paler skin tones and not a Caucasiapalooza 2: Electric Boogaloo.

I won't argue what ethnicities some alternate palettes might portray because references. :3

As for favorites, I'd say 12, 15 and 18. Default still the best...

I know the term, I was just pointing out with the count that there isn't that much white there. 4/18 while other tunes are 10/18

More like 8/18, but that's not really important.
Question. Eliza's super chill, Sekhmet's crazy wild, yet they're both pretty much the same person.
Is it possible that before joining with each other they could have been very different people?

LOBBIES AND THE ELIZA PATCH
According to the information compiled in Flotilla's FAQ:
The Playstation 4 and Playstation Vita versions of Skullgirls Encore will have lobbies on launch in late 2014. While the 360/PS3 versions are unspoken for, it would seem likely that they too will have lobbies around the same time frame.

Lobbies were indeed planned to be released on consoles along with the Eliza patch but had to be delayed because of circumstances (I don't know the exact reasons or if they have been disclosed). Maybe they will come with the Beowulf patch, the Robo-Fortune patch or if necessary, a final patch encompassing lobbies, galleries and voice packs.

What I am wondering is if there's a chance lobbies may be added in its own patch (i.e. not coming "alongside" a DLC character)? I'm not sure if this has already been asked or answered. Need to look around...

@Ravidrath mentioned something about this on NeoGAF:
"I'm told that PS3 lobbies are getting close, but that's because that's the first step to getting them up and running on PS4 and Vita.

QA testing for lobbies is going to be expensive and time-consuming, and Eliza is far enough behind that we don't want to delay her further for something so unpredictable."

I'm kind of glad because it's taking all my patience to wait for Eliza as it is...

They'd probably have to up the number of palettes or have it replace another one. There's room for only one more and if memory serves me, I recall Cellsai mentioning a Eliza palette was part of his contributor rewards and said he was interested in cooking up a original one. Unless his custom palette has already been added but it doesn't seem like it (I know #20 is a IGG contributor one as well).
We'll see. Que sera, sera...
I wanted to bring this up but didn't know how to put it down in a way that wouldn't make me sound like a tumblr SJW.

I think that Eliza's reference palettes (and by extension the rest of the cast) are somewhat frustratin palettes a lot (Baiken Valentine, Kamen Rider Painwheel, Vic Sage Big Band, etc) to the point where they are my default palettes; but the sheer number of references becomes annoying after a while.

To me it seems more like those types of palettes are used fill out the palette count by using as many tangential links to other media as possible rather than establishing their own. (Eliza is a vampire and likes to look down on people...Dio!) This game has nightmare Painwheel which is a really cool look for Painwheel and one that is unique to this game, and there are other original palettes that are either costumes from the story or just really cool designs. Looking at Eliza, her dark skin is one of her most striking traits with relation to the rest of the cast and it get's buried under a pile of lighter skin tones. And as much as I like Odin Sphere, two palettes is a lot and the same goes for the street fighter palettes.

And I'm not sold on the stance that because these palettes are a reference you have to keep everything 1:1. You can reference something even if you, or in this case a fictional character, don't have the same body type or skin tone as the source. (Ex. Cosplaying while black). It's unavoidable in some cases to not change the character skin tone to reflect the character being referenced, but in a lot of these cases I feel like we are first registering the color of the clothing.

I want to state that I'm not against reference palettes or trying to accuse L0 of racism or anything like that. But one of the problems I have with Skullgirls is it's willingness to jump headfirst into the meme leaf pile. Borderlands did that and it sucked. Eliza looks like a great character mechanically and her palettes won't change that, but my favorite palette for her is #9 and since palettes are all but done I'm pretty sure that that's the only palette I'll be using which is sad.

It just updated :I

New Patch comes w/ new colours.
discomilf #1

Horus's necktie doesn't match in the intro and M call for the ragyo palette...

Last edited:
Gonna miss you tacky skin 12... but hey Ragyou, complete with COVERS Horace and Rei Albus!!! What's Sekhmet supposed to be though?
I don't mind that they made what used to be palette 3 so tan, it looks pretty good... plus it kept those yellow eyes...
The new purple one and black/green one both look good.
The 'blood' skin is Eliza's token 'story mode skin' like Past Filia, Fencing Parasoul, Living Squigly. It looks identical to her early art where she's made of blood but has blue eyes.
OVERALL: The Palette Update was a resounding success!

Also I will only fight using Horace from this point on... he's... he's just the best thing ever...

Final point: Did anyone else notice Sekhmet calls Double 'Lamia' when she swaps her in? I'm gonna go freak out about that on the lore thread! On EVERY lore thread!

Gonna miss you tacky skin 12... but hey Ragyou, complete with COVERS Horace and Rei Albus!!! What's Sekhmet supposed to be though?

Final point: Did anyone else notice Sekhmet calls Double 'Lamia' when she swaps her in? I'm gonna go freak out about that on the lore thread! On EVERY lore thread!
LIFE FIBERS SON.

ALSO LAMIA? REALLY???? I couldn't hear it.
I love squigly what does she say ?
"A-1, 2"
"3 and"
It's differs on who says what part.

Eliza's super chill, Sekhmet's crazy wild, yet they're both pretty much the same person.
Is it possible that before joining with each other they could have been very different people?
Eliza likely learned how to "tame" Sekhmet and after centuries of bonding, it became natural until they eventually melded mentally. One accepts the other and so on. Before, they probably weren't any different than they are individually, just that there wasn't the synchronization that presently exists. Which is to say, Sekhmet would force her way out whenever she got the munchies.
I imagine things kinda went down like this: Eliza was a "humble" priestess (she already had the "bitch in sheep's clothing" thing going but no actual power) serving in a temple where Sekhmet is sealed. She eventually betrays her "sisters" (and possibly kills them all) in order to free Sekhmet and merge with her (which is Wolverine-gets-his-skeleton-laced-with-adamantium levels of Ouch!). Enter Delilah who is the guardian of Sekhmet's seal and is probably bested. Cue Eliza still experiencing technical difficulties in handling Sekhmet who screams YOLO! as she jumps off and slaughters the entirety of Eliza's village/town/etc (maybe Eliza's family because drama). Time to pack up and start a new life elsewhere.
(I'm sure they'll cook up something more fun/interesting. I'm not a freakin' writer... -_-")

Ravidrath mentioned something about this on NeoGAF:
Much obliged! <(__)>
I'm surprised they say Eliza is far behind. Given how complex most of animations are (bar the Blockbusters, have to concede), I dare say the development cycle went rather quickly. I guess that includes the proverbial hunt for coloring/cleaning errors and the subsequent console testing.

I think that Eliza's reference palettes (and by extension the rest of the cast) are somewhat frustratin palettes a lot (Baiken Valentine, Kamen Rider Painwheel, Vic Sage Big Band, etc) to the point where they are my default palettes; but the sheer number of references becomes annoying after a while.
(...)
I want to state that I'm not against reference palettes or trying to accuse L0 of racism or anything like that. But one of the problems I have with Skullgirls is it's willingness to jump headfirst into the meme leaf pile.
Tell me about it. Parasocks and Lukasoul are basically my go-to Parasoul palettes. And since you mentioned Val, IMHO she has plenty of good ones (might even be my favorite overall set).
I'd say the thing with reference palettes is that besides the reference itself, it's also a way to point a combination of colors that might fit the character (hence my constant mention of a Oichi palette - it's basically black and pink with dark purple blood and maybe a jet black Sekhmet... besides becoming very scary at a moment's notice, they don't have much in common).
As for the may-mays, yeah, it's my little pet peeve with SG as well. I've said it plenty of times already, no need to hammer it further.

Anyway, very interesting that just when we start discussing the palettes, they undergo a drastic change. I'm surprised some are getting replaced as I was under the impression Lab Zero got to that point where everything is "final", so to speak.

I don't care what anyone else says, Horace is easily the coolest of the four of them!
Sometimes I like to only use 'Dive of Horus' and pretend I'm playing as him...

Fools! Sekhmet has best voices of them all! Tremble before her might! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
crazy_laugh.jpg

Sorry I cannot resist doing that. c:

I was wondering, is Horace colored as Jet Black for Eliza's Faye Valentine skin? If so, why isn't Albus colored as Spike?
Edit Post-Research Correction: He is Spike, I'm just going blind

Last edited:
Uh okay, so?
(I meant second as the second palette given Eliza..)
ELIZA'S PALETTES
01 - Default
02 - customary RGB flip palette
03 - customary black/white/gold palette (might move to #5)
04 - ???
05 - Eliza (Tekken Revolution)
06 - Midnight Bliss Jedah (Vampire Savior)
07 - Kikuri-hime (Shin Megami Tensei series)
08 - Crimson Viper (Street Fighter IV) (a character also voice by Michelle Ruff)
09 - Original
10 - Princess Iset (Vindictus)
11 - Tharja (Fire Emblem: Awakening)
12 - Urien (Street Fighter III)
13 - ???
14 - DIO (JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 3 - Stardust Crusaders)
15 - Cleopatra (1963 film Cleopatra, starring Elizabeth Taylor)
16 - Queen Odette (Odin Sphere)
17 - Velvet (Odin Sphere)
18 - I-No (Guilty Gear series)
19 - Faye Valentine (Cowboy Bebop)
20 - Original
21 - Red (Transistor)

Discuss.​
You have to be more specific, too. you mentioned two palettes, 10 and 11, and I thought when you said "the second one" you meant the latter palette of the two you were just mentioning. It'll be a lot less confusing if you said "Palette 2," "her 2nd palette," or just "2."

The coming back of the blood palette is glorious. Also I think we can all appreciate the atention L0 put in the last discussions in here(Or is it a coincidence? Dunno, it's still appreciable). Putting her original colour skin in the traditional white-black-gold palette is a little detail that means a lot

Back