• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Air Hbeam thoughts

SomeFXguy

whatup
Reaction score
Steam
FX
Unknown Big Band Painwheel
Hbeam fires a barrage of long projectile hitboxes in front of robo moving straight ahead. For grounded Hbeam, this creates a beam of projectiles filling up an entire horizontal slice of the screen. However, this implementation causes a quirk in air Hbeam. Robo moves vertically during Air Hbeam based on their previous velocity. Hbeam hitboxes spawn and stay at a constant vertical position, thus Air Hbeam while rising from the ground looks something like this:
Upbeam.png

While falling air Hbeam looks like this:
Downbeam.png

I wanna know in general how people feel about this quirk. Personally, I find it kinda irritating both to use and to play around. I think it makes Hbeam unituitive to space around when playing against it. When playing with it, it makes it hard to get beams as close to the ground as possible. I can see how some people might enjoy this quirk so I'm curious what people think about it and how much they take this into account when using this move.

I like it tbh. It asks you to land your first beam hitbox accurately and slightly discourages you from landing on someone with an active hitbox.

I think it makes air H beam effectively bigger than it is since the hitboxes drag up or down, which is really cool against the big man. For the most part I think the dragging hitboxes still hit what you want them to hit.

Overall the dragging hitboxes haven't ever really impacted me in a negative way but I use it to fill space, otherwise M beam exists and does a very good job.

Also I think making them not drag could possibly mess up her corner combos so I'd rather it not change the hitbox moving up or down with her is great for stuff like that.