• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Alcohol Thread

And then there's me, getting giddy because my local brewery put out their Old Bacchus Barleywine again. 10.5% by vol. means an early night

I would drink beer even if it didn't have alcohol in it; although I might be an extreme example.
I am definitely down with 10%+ beers but if I could enjoy those beautifully complex flavors without feeling dead tired 90 minutes later then that would be awesome.

Also Jamaicas are a superior Christmas-morning drink to mimosas imo.

Reactions: Outlaw_Spike
Don't pass out when your friends are around.

QxqOx.jpg

Blue Ribbon is my guilty pleasure, but fuck you I love it.

Anything green apple flavored is most likely money.

Ciroc is mad good.

Redd's Apple Ale is also money.

OH CAPTAIN MY CAPTAIN <3

(Im pretty stupid and inexperienced when it comes to drinking hella different thangs)

You're too young to drink, brb calling the cops.

Reactions: keninblack
The cheap shit....

I need to step my drinking game up, I never was a big drinker cause I cant hold mah liquor worth a fuck

@Dime_x, please try some more beer.

What? Im almost 40 years old and have been drinking random stuff since i was like 16 and had my first beer at like... 3. I like fruity sweet things and/or extremely hard things like Guinness or ales, or i like extremely clean things like a really good lager.

Newest favorite beer at the moment is steinlager. Its all natural, very very very crisp and just tastes like good stuff. Not fruity at all, not hard like an ale... Just crisp and clean... A very good beer for a hot day.

Recently i revisited some old favorites like arrogant bastard, and Bigfoot ale. Good times. Bigfoot is a little to strong for me... Like 2 puts me on my ass... But it does the job of getting one drunk since its got like 9.6% alc/vol.

I'm always on the lookout and trying more microbrews and stuff... But still, my favorite brews are pyramid apricot ale, pyramid hefeweizen and this new steinlager. Samuel Adams summer ale when its super fresh, Samuel Adams.

Runner ups are:

Miller instead of Budweiser at places where they only sell one or the other.
Corona with lime for hot days.
Emu export... Aussie beer that is the equivalent of pbr, but super hoppy... And i like super hoppy beer.

But seriously, I'll drink just about anything that is put in front of me that is beer. I mostly only shy away from tequila, nasty types of margaritas, white wine, gin and vodka... Everything else is fair game.

Recently liking port as well, and this carbonated red wine they have out here.

If you drink anything but Guinness, you are a woman. Says all the Guinness drinkers out there.

Also, you arent a man unless you bench over 250.
Seriously though, guys, unless its an extremely fruity drink, that kinda thinking is, like, outdated.
Drink what you want. Not everyone wants to drink the harder dark ales everytime they drink and not everyone wants to drink a lighter lager everytime they drink. Sometimes we want something different. Sometimes sophisticated like a steinlager, sometimes dirty like milwaukees best or pbr, sometimes something real mean like a Bigfoot ale, sometimes something fruity like a framboise lambic

Life is to short for drinking the same type of stuff all the time.

Reactions: drewski
i dont tend to drink much, i like having money better. when i do drink though i usually go for a corona with lime. i used to be partial for cider as well particularly a brand called kopparberg which i think is from sweden.

i used to drink a shit ton of it back when i was living in the UK but since moving to canada (calgary, AB if anyone knows where to get it.) i havent had any at all since i dont think theres anywhere to buy the stuff. makes me sad :(

Unless you're a supertaster, you should try Jager with rootbeer then. You can almost add a much jager as you want and so long as you cut it with at least 1/3 of rootbeer, it'll just taste like rootbeer. Unless you also hate the taste of rootbeer.

Also try a Red Devil: 2oz Fireball Whiskey, 1oz Grenadine and 3oz of club soda. The drink tastes like cinnamon chewing gum. Unless you also hate the taste of cinnamon chewing gum too lol

Also the point of a cocktail, at least during prohibition, wasn't so much the mask the flavor of alcohol (although it can be done rather well, I take pride in that myself) but to make alcohol palatable due to the poor quality of liquor in those days. Maybe part of your disappointment is that you're searching for a drink that is filled with alcohol but doesn't taste like alcohol. Try the two drinks above though. Lemme know how it goes.

Will do. Haven't had a drink in over a year but I'll keep these recommendations in mind.

And to think I was the only one who got drunk and played fighting games lol. Any ways I'm a bit of a beer man and prefer that micro brewery scene so a few of my favorites are:
* Brooklyn Chocolate stout
* Sam Adams Octoberfest (not a micro)
* New Belgium Pumpkin Roller
* Good ol warm sake for the win

What does anybody here know that they can tell me about Sangria? It's just some fruit and some wine, right? I mean, I've got some fruit and some wine. Thing is, though: I've only got one orange, a bunch of apples, some bananas, some raisins. Can you even mess with bananas? I don't want them to turn to mush and gum up my drink. Is one orange enough? Because if not, I'm just using it for garnishes.

Then there are no problems my man. Ive seen it done with watermelon and pink zinfandel
That sounds pretty fucking good. But seriously, though, bananas? Raisins? Do those even work, or would it just be a waste of perfectly good fruit?

This is just out of personal experience. Usually dry fruit does not work as well as high water content fruit eg. (strawberries, tomatoes, pineapple, peaches, and oranges) So I would stay away from raisins dude

You might want to use Merlot and grapes (pretty obnoxious though since wine=grapes -_-)

I've got tomatoes. I'm not a huge fan of them, though.

Also note I am not an alcoholic, just to clarify 0_0, I just like to drink :)
That's what they all say...

I like to have a daiquiri once in a while.

Based on the general opinions I'm seeing on here you guys dont like the taste of straight alcohol. Thus my suggestions (take em or leave um I dont really care lol):
1 Irish car bomb: Glass of some sort of stout (guinness, brooklyn chocolate, old rasputen...) a shot glass with half jennys and the other half baileys irish cream. (drop the shot glass into the beer and chug) (also note if you dont chug the drink will curdle on you....) very smooth and does not have that liquor after taste.
2 Any sort of fruity beer (shock top, angry orchard, woodchuck....)
3 Jeeger bomb (jeeger and red bull) See the irish car bomb for instructions. Tastes like black liquorish
4 Any sort of white wine.
5 Oj + voodka
6 rum + coke

If you want any other suggestions just ask I guess (also I dont care about the spelling)

there are no such things as drinks that are just for women or men cmon

there are no such things as drinks that are just for women or men cmon

but real talk........ there are some socially accepted "chick drinks" that you should not order at a bar (just saying from experience). What you drink on your own go nuts with but outside I'd fall on the side of caution.

You're not making the world a better place by saying "don't do X, consider what others will think about you".

You're not making the world a better place by saying "don't do X, consider what others will think about you".
I know I'm part of the problem.....-_-.......

Being shanked by a drunkard with a broken beer bottle is not on the top of my to do list. Thanks though.

Based on the general opinions I'm seeing on here you guys dont like the taste of straight alcohol.

Yeahh, u right. I really like Bailey's Irish Cream. Oh, when i was a kid, Arbor Mist was my fucking jam!
Edit: I only drank mere ounces of this stuff in my lifetime. Except for the daiquiri; that was at least one pound.

Being shanked by a drunkard with a broken beer bottle is not on the top of my to do list. Thanks though.
Who are you responding to here?

Who are you responding to here?
It WAS Muro, but I guess my phone decided that quoting him was a rather silly and including the quote would be both a supreme waste of energy and time. Now I look like a huge mook.

Landshark. Ehhhhhhh, yeah, that's all It ever is..........I think.

Fall brews are out, which ones are you guys enjoying? I personally like my Woodchuck Pumpkin, Woodchuck Autumn, and Schlafly's Pumpkin. There's an apple flavored moonshine I picked up on special last week that I'm really liking.

2 Any sort of fruity beer (shock top, angry orchard, woodchuck....)

Fall brews are out, which ones are you guys enjoying? I personally like my Woodchuck Pumpkin, Woodchuck Autumn...

Guise, guise, guise. Guise. Cider is not beer. I have no problem with cider, but it is not beer. Cider is fermented apple juice. Woodchuck and Angry Orchard are both ciders. I don't fully blame you since stuff like Redd's and Mike's Apple really do want to cause some customer confusion, but this is a really important issue. For real.

As for the question of Fall seasonals, I've been enjoying:

Some nice German Oktoberfests (Ayinger, Paulaner, Paulaner Wiesn)
Troegs' Hop Knife, a great fresh hopped IPA
Stone's Xocoveza, a super cool imperial milk/sweet stout with some spice. If you can find it, grab a bottle or two
An assortment of Devil's Backbone beer
An assortment of Evolution beer

Can't wait for the Winter beers. Love those big, heavy, and rich beers.

Guise, guise, guise. Guise. Cider is not beer. I have no problem with cider, but it is not beer. Cider is fermented apple juice. Woodchuck and Angry Orchard are both ciders. I don't fully blame you since stuff like Redd's and Mike's Apple really do want to cause some customer confusion, but this is a really important issue. For real.

As for the question of Fall seasonals, I've been enjoying:

Some nice German Oktoberfests (Ayinger, Paulaner, Paulaner Wiesn)
Troegs' Hop Knife, a great fresh hopped IPA
Stone's Xocoveza, a super cool imperial milk/sweet stout with some spice. If you can find it, grab a bottle or two
An assortment of Devil's Backbone beer
An assortment of Evolution beer

Can't wait for the Winter beers. Love those big, heavy, and rich beers.
I got you on the cider thing I was just trying to keep it simple or everyone... Also DB are you from the southwest VA region cause I know that's where they brew from

40oz of St Ides malt liquor, my personal favorite thing to get drunk on.