• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Amusingly misleading Skullgirls Censoring

I tried
IwuKTVI.jpg

Even denizen acknowledged me...this is like the best day ever
You might want to...re-Engrain-your-face into those posts,so you can....properly understand them,an what they mean...(They're not positive).

Reactions: shoryusatsu999
@HeadcrabNinja , stop starting shit.
Jimhob,the wise engraining his knowledge onto Headcrab,IF ONLY HE'D USE IT.I'd kill to have Jimbob the great impart knowledge onto me.

I found this screenshot and.... I realized the magic.
Ouch.
S-futakullgirls.jpg

EDIT: I wnt back and saw another one of these.. This might be the reason why cerebella seems to have such an elongated.. you know.
S-futakullgirls 3.jpg

Last edited:
This world is so ripe with potential

I'll post som'ore tomorrow... when I've slept... my brain hurts from working and staying up 30+ hours x.x

wow im sure glad i visited this thread!

[Samson Rape Gif]
I normally don't do this, but why on earth would you wish that to have been used? It's WAY over any line. It's a teeny bit funny in comparison with her other winpose but it's mostly just exploitative.

Lab Zero, this has been really bothering me ever since I saw this image on google.

I know it's not in the final game, and I commend you for keeping that from happening, but why was it considered long enough to be animated?

I was really hoping for all the years I've had Skullgirls that it would be that game that happened to have suggestive themes—without being sexually violent or exploitative.

Please, can I please talk to who is responsible? I'm really hurting for some closure.

ALRIGHT EVERYONE! TO MSPAINT! AWAAAAAAAAAAY!!!
12532-1b737008313c2e743da5f2ac4d2e5301.jpg

Your welcome? I think?

Reactions: HeadcrabNinja
There was only a little Squigly stuff that wasn't removed, so I took it upon myself to fix this.

jgDSzKN.png

I know it's not in the final game, and I commend you for keeping that from happening, but why was it considered long enough to be animated?
Serious answer: At that point we had no oversight process yet, and that animation was basically responsible for making us have one.

We were most of the way through animating Filia, but instead of the rough anim -> game -> timed -> cleanup -> game pipeline we now have, it was "Hey we need a timeout pose!", then a day or two later one comes back fully cleaned up. So Filia had the Filia-pulls-her-hair pose and the Samson-pulls-his-"hair" pose animated as a pair, and cleaned up without anyone else seeing them. Alex likes to draw some more suggestive things, but he's gotten better about that over time - the same reason the earlier characters had WAY more panty shots than the later ones - and that animation is one of them. It might even have been cleaned up by Alex himself, I'm not sure. Rich told me about it when he saw it fully done, and as soon as I saw it I said "we can't do this". And we didn't. I asked about changing it to be less sexual, like scrunching her face or something, but by then we didn't have any time to do a revision because we had to move on to Cerebella. The original 8 characters' schedules were kinda insane.

That anim is the only one that's ever reached fully-done status and been rejected for content, because after that we adopted the new process where everything is reviewed at the rough stage. There have been a lot of times where rough animations were altered since then - Eliza had a number of much more suggestive bondage poses in her thrown frames, for example - which is all thanks to that animation's existence.

I was really hoping for all the years I've had Skullgirls that it would be that game that happened to have suggestive themes—without being sexually violent or exploitative.
I know it's not in the final game
What?

This thread brings new light to the term of pushing it

free him

As long as you don't make 5+ threads worth about how this is some Neo-Progressivist Nazi censoring or something

Reactions: Titanium
Dick jokes are way better than social justice and feminism jokes
At least everyone laughs at dick jokes

This thread got very strange.
Can't we just go back to making dick jokes?

We'll get back on topic eventually.
Don't be a dick about it.

That was so damn lame; I've got nothing

This thread got very strange.
Can't we just go back to making dick jokes?
Some people might say that the people that we're discussing are bigger dicks than the ones that people have edited into those pictures.

Sorry for derailing your thread, guys. It was the only lead I could find about this thing that I could find that I could use to directly discuss.

What?

What I meant was that, before seeing pull_filia, I was ecstatic that in spite of the suggestive design, the game had no sexually violent undertones, due to there being no content even in the conceptual stage/under the hood that connected what did exist to things approaching rape. I had faith in Lab Zero not to think about such things. Sorry if this comes across as thought policing.

I really, really can't thank you enough for responding to my silly little question here, though. It was pretty personal, and it blows me away that one of the developers of the game would actually talk to me about it.

Sorry if this comes across as thought policing.
It does, though. "I want to like this game because the developers are always pure as the driven snow."
The point of the anim was the dichotomy between it and the other win pose, because she's pulling on his "body", rather than the actual action itself. It just so happens that the action was inappropriate.

free him
Please don't start that. People will take it seriously.
What I meant was, he himself has improved in this area over time, nothing else.