• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Anime/Manga General Discussion

Ultimate Muscle
(Pro Wrestling's a sport. right?)
:PUN:
if it means I Wanna be the Strongest can count as a sports anime....
37f80b44c9e14f23604bb68b10710c2a1380929017_full.jpg
yes.

Last edited:
Lesbian Roller Derby
oh wait
IT DOESN'T EXIST

Yet!
oh god yessssssssssssssss

Once Baby Steps of Karate Koshina gets an anime.

Once Ieyasu unites the people and brings peace to the country

I really like Hajime no Ippo though I have to take breaks with that quite a bit because it is so long.

Eyeshield 21 in manga form is amazing but the anime is really not good by comparison.

I do like Kuroko but I haven't gotten around to reading and or watching Slam dunk.

Those are the only sports series I can really remember going through off the top of my head, I might have watched more but I will have to check.

Reactions: SanoBaron
I guess one outs can count. it involves. playing the sport a specific way. don't know what Akagi entails.

also, @Cybermanworf you should definitely jump onto Slam Dunk. it's aweswome.

Thanks for the recommendation I will check it out, plus I looked into it a bit and found that the person who made Slam Dunk also went on to make Vagabond which is one of my favourite Manga for how well drawn it is.

Also back to a previous topic I have watched Ultimate Muscle among the other sports series I have watched, which was good, Kevin Mask best character.

surpsingly the dub is pretty good in some parts. sure they changed it up, but they didn't change anything too drastic and made it more of a younger audience friendly version. hell, I'm shocked they kept scenes where Kid Muscle was pissing everywhere.

Getting real sick of these threads disappearing from my feeds.
holyland_6.jpg

Here. Have some Holyland. 's really cool. Bye
See you fuckers in another six months.

oh man, I would love it if Jump made a special where Kuroko's team and Sakuragi's (Slam Dunk's main character) team faced each other!

Professional Wrestling is not a sport guys, at least not in the same vein as real sports.
Actually within the realm of fiction it may very well be a sport since there's actual competition involved.

Hehe, I guess it's real when it's fake and it's fake when it's real.

wrestling is a sport
pro wrestling is a violent onstage play

is that about right

Reactions: Denizen
speaking of whether or not some animes should count as sport animes, I would say Rowdy Sumo Wrestler Mastutaro probably shouldn't count, because the sumo aspect of it feels extremely secondary.

I don't want to stray too far off topic but why would it not be considered a sport @Denizen.

Slightly back on topic however I am not sure I haven't seen it but I have seen a trailer for CGI trailer of a Captain Harlock movie which looks glorious.

welp, now I need to jump onto Captain Harlock.

good thing his entire series is on Crunchyroll.

Captain Harlock looks like the best CGI movie I've ever seen
take THAT Mass Effect!

Reactions: Cybermanworf
One Ok rock are in that yes and they are indeed awesome yes. I can't remember what other things they have been in but they are still good.

Ping Pong the Animation is the best show to have aired this year.

That is all.

Let me jog your memory
you're welcome. ouo
Oh yeah, Frig I love that song, hell I could say about any song they have done that i have heard since I haven't heard all of them so I can't say they are all good but from what I have heard.

That's exactly right @Ruin.
On topic, Daily Lives of Highschool Boys is awesome but short. I'm going to finally start watching Samurai Champloo as well as Michiko & Hatchin side-by-side.

Oh yeah, Frig I love that song, hell I could say about any song they have done that i have heard since I haven't heard all of them so I can't say they are all good but from what I have heard.
I really hope they'll do another song for the sequels. Imagine kenahin fighting shishio with one ok rock playing in the background and the song is about who will history choose!

wow ALMOST forgot how godlike Holyland is.

God damn I love that mangaka.

I think he also does Suicide Island and Destroy and Revolution.

Reactions: CapnWTF
and now I have more manga to go read. Thanks iLoli
Destroy and Revolution kind of crumbles, but Suicide Island is pretty good.

Reactions: CapnWTF
so, apparently the mothers of the main 3 in Monster Musume are gonna appear in an upcoming chapter of the series.

why is it that I really am eager to see Miia's the most?

Done, Nichibros is finally off my list. This show was unique, like most anime are too anime, you know what I mean? It's like, all of the characters were believable, they acted like actual people instead of anime characters.

except how Tadakuni's sister had super strength
that shit was terrifying

Geez I forgot all about that manga.

I can't even remember if I ever finished it or not.

I'm a little steamed that they changed the character designs but I'll get used to it, I guess