• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Anime/Manga/Toon Recommendation Thread

This was recommended on the UGC stream last night (wish I knew who was on stream...), I started reading it today, and wow... just wow.

Terra Formars - Sci-Fi/Comedic/Drama/Action (It seems) Manga, with an anime version coming out in October (I believe.)

Basic Overview: They're trying to colonize mars but its temperatures were too low to sustain human life. So they sent moss to live on the planet and slowly absorb sunlight, as well as cockroaches since they can survive and reproduce with only the moss. So they sent a team of astronauts to collect roaches to bring back to earth to run tests on to see how the conditions affected them. Come to find out by the team of astronauts, the cockroaches mutated in to 2 meter tall black men that feel no pain and kill without remorse.

EDIT: Found this, all Japanese, but it looks sick.

Last edited:
I need Monster folk romance shit, give it to me.

"Monster Musume no Iru Nichijou" may be something for you. It's more sexual humour than romance though:

Monsters—they're real, and they want to date us! Three years ago, the world learned that harpies, centaurs, catgirls, and all manners of fabulous creatures are not merely fiction; they are flesh and blood—not to mention scale, feather, horn, and fang. Thanks to the "Cultural Exchange Between Species Act," these once-mythical creatures have assimilated into society, or at least, they're trying.

When a hapless human teenager named Kurusu Kimihito is inducted as a "volunteer" into the government exchange program, his world is turned upside down. A snake-like lamia named Miia comes to live with him, and it is Kurusu's job to take care of her and make sure she integrates into his everyday life. Unfortunately for Kurusu, Miia is undeniably sexy, and the law against interspecies breeding is very strict. Even worse, when a ravishing centaur girl and a flirtatious harpy move in, what's a full-blooded teenage human with raging hormones to do?!

Manga only from what I know.

Reactions: SolemnSiren
I need Monster folk romance shit, give it to me.

This is a work in progress of mine for a few years now (and totally not a couple minutes wasted in paint.) Hope you like it.

YfhRl1E.png

EDIT: Other stories I've made in case you like something different.
1JoextN.png

xFPY66Y.png

"Monster Musume no Iru Nichijou" may be something for you. It's more sexual humour than romance though:

Monsters—they're real, and they want to date us! Three years ago, the world learned that harpies, centaurs, catgirls, and all manners of fabulous creatures are not merely fiction; they are flesh and blood—not to mention scale, feather, horn, and fang. Thanks to the "Cultural Exchange Between Species Act," these once-mythical creatures have assimilated into society, or at least, they're trying.

When a hapless human teenager named Kurusu Kimihito is inducted as a "volunteer" into the government exchange program, his world is turned upside down. A snake-like lamia named Miia comes to live with him, and it is Kurusu's job to take care of her and make sure she integrates into his everyday life. Unfortunately for Kurusu, Miia is undeniably sexy, and the law against interspecies breeding is very strict. Even worse, when a ravishing centaur girl and a flirtatious harpy move in, what's a full-blooded teenage human with raging hormones to do?!

Manga only from what I know.
I'm an avid follower of it.
This is a work in progress of mine for a few years now (and totally not a couple minutes wasted in paint.) Hope you like it.

YfhRl1E.png

EDIT: Other stories I've made in case you like something different.
1JoextN.png

xFPY66Y.png

I cried every time.

I'm an avid follower of it.

I am afraid I have nothing more to teach you then. Ask Sanoblaze, he knows everything.

I DIDN'T BELIEVE THIS
I DIDN'T BELIEVE YOU
WHY SHOULD I HAVE BELIEVED THIS
I WILL NEVER DOUBT YOU AGAIN THIS IS AMAZING
Best thing since Tyson retied from boxing.

@Nonckiewicz my problem is that I have watched those shows(also watching Venture Bros. again).
Well, so, you are an great person.

edit
Hey, what about Boondocks?

while i dont really read manga or light novels, a couple i recommend are Shokugeki no Soma (Basically it revolves around Students trying to survive the best cooking school in the world, where only 10% of students succeed) And Kangoku Gakuen, which also takes place at school, where 5 boys are part of a all girls school, (1,000 female students) and focuses and them trying to endure hardships while trying to get laid. It actually gets very dark and depressing at points, and i feel its one of the best ones out currently. it also got green-lit for an anime adaptation as well, so look forward to that. its pretty lewd as well, so just a heads up on that.

Berserk is safe bet, if you want epic battles, blood, tits, and demons.

Original manga, and OVA trilogy.

edit
And also Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, if you want something - its there.

just don't read the manga of Berserk.

because everyone is in despair once they get to the boat.

Which boat?
THE boat
I dunno. I havent read the manga and don't intend to until the creator dies or he finishes the series.

@Nonckiewicz yeah but not the biggest fan of the new season. Does anyone have any suggestions for other black comedy anime/cartoon?

Iunno, the PJs?
But yeah Boondocks season 4 is ucking awful...and genuinely offensive sometimes. It is REALLY hard to offend me.

I strongly recommend Gravity Falls if you don't watch it already(which I doubt but whatev), the last episode was NUTS. Better not search it on Tumblr though, everyone is getting sexually attracted to a glowing dorito. Don't ask why.

aw, dammit what? I thought that show got cancelled?
welp, now I've got a show to go marathon...

I'm gonna back up that Gravity Falls recommendation, my friend mentioned Bill Cipher in the latest episode, so I decided to take the dive, it's pretty radical, it's a really great show with great humor, characters, atmosphere, and setting. IT's...almost hypnotic.

Depending on your cable provider, the first two episodes are available for free viewing, if you like them, you can buy the entire first season on Amazon for $20!

And if you still like that, depending on your cable provider (again), you can also watch all the episodes of Season 2 so far!

Reactions: chickenwithtie
Bojack Horseman, go, do it.

Animated Californication.
Animorfication.

Bojack Horseman, go, do it.

Animated Californication.
Animorfication.
I thought this post was about me and I got so confused.

Rewatched Angel Beats! for the millionth time.
Still gives me the feels.
00007dqy.gif

Reactions: HeadcrabNinja
Finished watching Princess Tutu. I really liked it, and can recommend you to watch it if you havn't.

My problem is, I don't really know why I acctually liked it and don't know what its target audiance acctually are.

Reactions: SanoBaron
If you're not watching Bob's Burgers, you should be watching Bob's Burgers.

Reactions: WrestlerGuile
I actually started watching Bob's Burgers like 2 weeks ago, I'm now at Season 4 and I absolutely love this show. So what Denizen said, watch it if you haven’t already!

I'll give Bob's burgers a marathon every so often. it's a good show.

If you like H Jon Benjamin, give Archer a try.

so, I'm 4 episodes into Bojack Horseman.

good shit. watch it.

EDIT:

just finished Bojack Horseman. really good show. highly recommend it.

Last edited:
2 animes I think everyone should give a watch:
Bakemonogatari/The Monogatari Series, and Hunter x Hunter.

Uhhh so I'm a big fan of Marvel and Pokemon, and apparently there is an Anime that combined both those things. I didn't think it was true, or even possible, but they did it.

Marvel Disk Wars: The Avengers

The concept seems to be that Tony Stark develops a new technology with this other scientist (who discredits himself to keep his family safe) that allows Stark Industries to capture villains in these DISKs rather than prisons. Once captured, they can summon and control whoever was inside, so the idea was to use villains powers for good. This whole thing backfires when Loki gets control of the DISKs, releasing villains he's already captured and capturing the super heroes! Now these kids have to control the DISKs containing the super heroes to fight back. At least, I think.

I can't tell you how good or bad it is as I've only watched the first episode, but it seems alright. There's 32 episodes right now, but episodes still seem to be coming out? Made the picture clickable to take you to a site to watch the episodes.

quick question, does Marvel Disk Wars have

KI-KI-KI...OMEGA-REDDO?!

A kid summoning Deadpool out of a disk?

That poor child will be mentally scarred for the rest of his/her life.

wow.... Hulk has Tekken Eyebrows and everything just looks off. What is this anime i don't even. Why would Marvel allow this shit? oh wait I'm talking to the people who allowed for a SpiderMan manga and Japanese Show where Spiderman has a gundam and fights reject power rangers villains.