• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Project Annie...In Motion!

i said it once and i said it again
Mass

RqCKmuJ.png
:B: Hey dorks, did you see this Ms. Fortune head?

IT MEANS I WAS MAKING A JOKE, I KNOW HOW WEIGHT AND MASS WORKS. Dumbasses...

Mass? I didn't even know Annie's Catholic.

aw shit the gig is up

Annie is actually Double in disguise

i like seeing her as a meter-heavy rush em up kinda character
because magical girls gotta be flashy and stylish as fuck, yo
So a good-aligned version of I-no?

If anything that would suggest that it's light, power isn't directly proportional to weight.

It needs mass to create the force necessary for fusion. I see it as dragging molecules and smashing as she drags her sword across the space around her. She also is a magical girl super warrior who has been using her sword for innumerable years. Whether she is fast or the sword is heavy, Annie herself is still the one wielding it. A sword is as good as its wielder is. Unless that sword is cursed, blessed, sentient, "legendary," or otherwise is another story.

Actual stars probably weigh tons when you're up close to one though.

The mass of a single solar unit, our sun, is around 332,946 times the mass of Earth or 1,048 times the mass of Jupiter. Heavy doesn't really describe the full breath star mass.

Hey @Skullmageddon any updates on stuff you have done? Any updates or ideas going beyond sword weight from anyone?

I could say something, but I don't want to argue with my Erwin Smith.

Hey @Skullmageddon any updates on stuff you have done? Any updates or ideas going beyond sword weight from anyone?

Yeah dude, I'm currently working on another idle. I know I keep saying it's almost done, but it actually kind of is almost done...sort of. I'll be posting sometime in the next couple of days (hopefully sometime tomorrow) so just keep an eye out for it.

I want magical girl opening to Annie.
If Annie must have a magical girl transformation sequence then it has to be as gar and badass as possible.
None of that cutesy twirling and dancing, every single one of her movements should emphasize strength and power.

When it comes to making rainbows and sparkle's look badass, Gurren Lagann does it best.
2aevyh5.jpg

If Annie must have a magical girl transformation sequence then it has to be as gar and badass as possible.
None of that cutesy twirling and dancing, every single one of her movements should emphasize strength and power.

When it comes to making rainbows and sparkle's look badass, Gurren Lagann does it best.
2aevyh5.jpg
I would argue Star Driver tops it on the rainbows and is just FABULOUS!~
155609632.gif

tumblr_lfkkm5A5ql1qf9wd7o1_400.gif

and I think Annie should just do the magical girl stuff naturally. if Alex wanted a Gurren character he would have thought of one. ;D kinda pushing the Gurren love a bit hard too Zen. Also I'm the last person to be saying that being the massive Kamen Rider nerd that I am.

I would argue Star Driver tops it on the rainbows and is just FABULOUS!~
www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5NTMFraP2Y
Hmm... Well nothing tops Gurren Lagann ever, but this works perfectly for what I had in mind! What is this anime and why haven't I heard of it before!?

*Agressively grabs Sano's wrist*

You're coming with me to the Anime/Manga Thread to tell me what this is!

you guys are overthinking.

COME ON! a whole page discussing the weight of the sword of a girl with COSMIC POWER?!

damn!

It weights "cool" kg, and it's made of cosmic material. light enough for cool moves n'stuff too heavy for her hard attacks to be safe on block

see? i solved 2 pages in less than 50 words!

Throwing ideas for her supers... I think it would be interesting to see some sort of attack that sagan creates or spawns from the stars that Annie produces with every swing that hits (kinda like the blood mechanic of eliza wich lets blood lying arround).

He should be able to concentrate and make a star cluster that colapses and form a black hole, attracting and damaging the enemy and if the ammount of stars in the stage is enough, shoot a quasar at the end.

you guys are overthinking.

COME ON! a whole page discussing the weight of the sword of a girl with COSMIC POWER?!

damn!

It weights "cool" kg, and it's made of cosmic material. light enough for cool moves n'stuff too heavy for her hard attacks to be safe on block

see? i solved 2 pages in less than 50 words!

yeah but we wouldnt have gotten to bring up Neil Degrasse Tyson in this thread otherwise.

1362170679334.gif

let us have our threads that aren't super duper cereal.

I think it'd be a bit much, especially considering theres also the My Little Quasar.

KARLAALDANA I LOVE THAT IDEA.

I'm thinking that sagan is more on the lines of fortune's head.. somethimes is attached to annie (help her fly) and sometimes he can attack while he is on the stage possibly floating arround, bouncing if like he's got no gravity, this super I imagine could be triggered from a far or even close, making Annie a rushdown-zoning hybrid. (and a nightmare from a balance standpoint for Mike hehe).

Reactions: DDB and Denizen
I think it'd be a bit much, especially considering theres also the My Little Quasar.

That's why I said it should colect the "my little quasar" proyectiles and traps (stars) and concentrate them into a powefull version of the quasar..

All of a sudden Karla comes in with radical ideas and makes everyone shut up.

You're awesome, you know that right?

Reactions: DDB and Karlaaldana
well, its hard to argue at this point. =w= everyone wants annie to come out their own way and I doubt a lot of it will actually be apart of the actual character's mechanics.

edit: I mean if one person debunks a theory then that just means another person will just bring up another theory.

its not so much as we can't find an argument against it, its just theres so many cooks in the kitchen that we're tired from keeping it together for so long.

Last edited:
All of a sudden Karla comes in with radical ideas and makes everyone shut up.

You're awesome, you know that right?

What was her sword's weight again? ...

(please don't answer...hehe)

Reactions: Denizen
Everybody stand back

Im animating a move....in 8 bit

tumblr_n2942miGrh1rwxvn2o1_250.gif

lol whoops i made the file too small but yeah heres a WIP Destruction Pillar yeah yeah this is for the annie game, blah blah reappearing sword and different stance

it may look familiar to some of you

Everybody stand back

Im animating a move....in 8 bit

Hold on!!! I use my trap card...

Animation on Pivot ... GO!!
mjLCcXm.gif

(took me 20 minutes so don't be harsh in my animation skills..plus I just picked up the program for the first time in about 5 years!)
I made this to illustrate.. somewhat that annie's sword can be fast and very heavy, I like to think that her sword has Mjolnir-like properties, while she can swing it quite easily it weights like the mass of 1000 stars...or so.

Last edited:
Is that what you heavy sword people were going for?

Eh I guess that's kind of cool. Great work Karla, you too spacewhale.

Is that what you heavy sword people were going for?

Eh I guess that's kind of cool. Great work Karla, you too spacewhale.
I don't know hehe.. I just put what kind of speed I imagine she should have, since I can't animate sagan I guess he should hit in between each sword hit.

I think this will put Annie's true powers in perspective.

I think this will put Annie's true powers in perspective.
Let's not exaggerate Annie's strength now, she's just about as strong as Double.

Let's not exaggerate Annie's strength now, she's just about as strong as Double.

She can channel/summon cosmic events but since they are so far away from the solar system... they loose strenght...I guess.

She can channel/summon cosmic events but since they are so far away from the solar system... they loose strenght...I guess.
I think what Annie does is simply recreate these events on a smaller scale.

I think what Annie does is simply recreate these events on a smaller scale.

Scientists from the hadron collider should be jealous of that.