• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Project Annie...In Motion!

I remember when I first started making idle animations and I left Sagan out cuz I didn't know if he should always be around or not.

Then everyone was all Herpa-Fucking-Derp-Where's-Sagan-Blah-Blah-Blah so I gave up and just fucking put him into her idle. I vote we just keep him in all da time :P

I have an idea for a super. It would be a level three in which Sagan takes Annie's form. This would allow Annie to attack twice for each attack she does. However this super disables any moves and supers that need Sagan to do, since Sagan is in Annie's shape. The super is also timed, and the timer is the constellation of the wins. The more faded the constellation looks, the less time the super has. I got the idea from the twins constellation,as well as one of the spell cards Youmu Konpaku uses. To be honest I want Anais to take Sagans place in the super, if that's okay with her creators.

Hmm so like Zero's Sougenmu, or Taokaka's doppelganger Distortion Drive? I could see that working really well with Annie's character, and limiting her to non-Sagan only moves could make things interesting.

Exactly. 100% of the other natural parasite users in the current cast have their parasites out all the time during combat.

Why would Sagan be ok with being stuffed into a satchel during a fight?
I dont see Avery out all the time. or Sekhmet.

Also, playing Devil's Advocate for a brief moment, Annie's satchel (if I remember correctly) possesses the same properties as Ramona Flowers' Subspace bag. So, he wouldn't really be stuffed anywhere as so much stored in another dimension.

I dont see Avery out all the time. or Sekhmet.
Avery isn't a parasite, he's a part of a synthetic parasite. I specifically said natural parasites, because the precedent set by synthetic parasites is that they don't always show themselves because they're not sentient. Avery is just a part of Peacock's schizophrenia, made real by her synthetic parasites.

Also, Sekhmet is out all the time; nearly all of Eliza's skin-on normals and specials show her.

Also, playing Devil's Advocate for a brief moment, Annie's satchel (if I remember correctly) possesses the same properties as Ramona Flowers' Subspace bag. So, he wouldn't really be stuffed anywhere as so much stored in another dimension.
Would you let yourself get alternate-dimension'd in the middle of a fight? What's Sagan's reasoning for letting his host out of his sight?

Reactions: DDB and Denizen
I'm just saying that its not necessary to have him out in EVERY single frame and attack. all attacks that use Sagan and her idles should definitely have him, but if you also look at the concept art for Annie, Sagan wasn't in most of her attacks. I doubt anyone is gonna ask where is Sagan when Annie is doing sick combos.

Reactions: Broseidon Rex
I'm just saying that its not necessary to have him out in EVERY single frame and attack. all attacks that use Sagan and her idles should definitely have him, but if you also look at the concept art for Annie, Sagan wasn't in most of her attacks. I doubt anyone is gonna ask where is Sagan when Annie is doing sick combos.
Sagan is one of the visually defining aspects of her character design. Sagan flies around in her grasp, creating a unique profile. Without him there, it would be like Strider without his scarf. Even if it's not doing something, it's doing something.

Reactions: LKArtillery and DDB
she could drop him on the ground and he could run along with her/under her and meet her at the end of the move.
would look odd if she got counter hit... but it probably wouldnt be to hard to have him run to wherever she is on the screen and give her a flag that says she can retrieve sagan now or not. (basically whenever she isnt getting hit or doing said specific specials/supers.

the problem with the seiei-enbu super is annie would probably need two sets of art for most moves (one holding sagan and one not holding sagan. it might be possible to get around this like they did with fortunes head, but i feel like sagan would be harder to make his own sprite entity for all of annies frames.

Maybe Sagan could sit on Annie's head during the idle, and cling to her leg during attacks and supers. He could stare at the opponent in an unnerving way, like Espurr does.

I always feel like I'm running in fucking circles when we debate things in this thread...

GamGif.gif

Couldn't Sagan just be hidden behind her for this first frame?

Couldn't Sagan just be hidden behind her for this first frame?
I'll just add Sagan to Annie's free hand. She'll be holding him by the ears.^^;
I just wanted to prevent southpawper getting really far along and then having to deal with this question then.

Either way, it's gotta be Annie and Sagan. Where would we be without such duos as

EVERY PIRATE WITH A PARROT?

ASH AND PIKACHU?

JONTRON AND JACQUES?

Sagan is one of the visually defining aspects of her character design. Sagan flies around in her grasp, creating a unique profile. Without him there, it would be like Strider without his scarf. Even if it's not doing something, it's doing something.

I really think you two are making a big deal put of nothing.

DDB? Making a big deal about nothing? HA
Also think he's joking in that post.

If Sagan isn't with Annie, where the hell would he be? And don't some of her concept moves use Sagan or has Sagan with her?

Reactions: DDB
I really think you two are making a big deal put of nothing.

Ehh, I disagree. If there's anything we need to bother making a bid deal over, it's stuff like this.

Whether or not Sagan is with her IS an important aspect of her character. The people over at Lab0 don't just make shit up as they go. If they were going to develop Annie as a character I can guarantee that one of the first things they would decide is what to do with Sagan.

That being said, you're also right in that it's not a big deal cuz we ain't Lab0 which means everything we do amounts to nothing.

Reactions: Denizen and Kai
If Sagan isn't with Annie, where the hell would he be? And don't some of her concept moves use Sagan or has Sagan with her?
I said "in her idles and attacks where he's being used. so of course he would be seen when she's using him.

Ehh, I disagree. If there's anything we need to bother making a bid deal over, it's stuff like this.

Whether or not Sagan is with her IS an important aspect of her character. The people over at Lab0 don't just make shit up as they go. If they were going to develop Annie as a character I can guarantee that one of the first things they would decide is what to do with Sagan.

That being said, you're also right in that it's not a big deal cuz we ain't Lab0 which means everything we do amounts to nothing.

again, I dont think its a big deal if he isnt seen ALL the time. if he's seen most of the time then its alright. and again, the people making fan animations aren't a part of lab0, so things like not adding sagan arent a big deal to me in the long run. I'm sure lab0 would do their own thing with adding sagan into annie's animations.

I said "in her idles and attacks where he's being used. so of course he would be seen when she's using him.
Might be weird to see her pull Sagan out of nowhere during her attacks, but then again this isn't real life

Might be weird to see her pull Sagan out of nowhere during her attacks, but then again this isn't real life
thats pretty much another one of the reasons I'm not worried about where or not sagan should be on screen for everything.

Reactions: EA575 and Denizen
i'd say if sagan is gonna voip in and out of existence then he could at least be emphasized with a sparkly effect whenever he's summoned

magical girl stuff and all

*Sigh*

If he's going to appear when needed, then he either needs to be taken out of the idle or he needs to ALWAYS BE HANGING FROM HER BELT. It's one thing for him to just appear as needed, but another for him to always be there, then sometimes disappear, then sometimes not be there only to magically appear later. I don't have a problem with him teleporting in and out as needed, but as it stands we're just simply being inconsistent with one another.

My suggestion is to always have him hanging from the belt (as he is in my most current idle) UNLESS she uses him to attack, in which case she either grabs him from her waist or he simply teleports into her hand.

i'd say if sagan is gonna voip in and out of existence then he could at least be emphasized with a sparkly effect whenever he's summoned

cosmic warrior stuff and all
fixed that for you.

*Sigh*

If he's going to appear when needed, then he either needs to be taken out of the idle or he needs to ALWAYS BE HANGING FROM HER BELT. It's one thing for him to just appear as needed, but another for him to always be there, then sometimes disappear, then sometimes not be there only to magically appear later. I don't have a problem with him teleporting in and out as needed, but as it stands we're just simply being inconsistent with one another.

My suggestion is to always have him hanging from the belt (as he is in my most current idle) UNLESS she uses him to attack, in which case she either grabs him from her waist or he simply teleports into her hand.

I'll go with this.^

And btw Skullmageddon, how big are your files? What size is the actual Annie sprite in your idle?

My canvas size is 3840 x 2160 pixels

If you look several pages back I posted an image that represents the scale I work in. If you can't find it or would like a working file, pm me and I can send you something.

Reactions: southpawper
Then (If I can say this) the transition frames from a sagan related move would be her putting him back on her belt. (I don't know how many frames are in the average transition. Anybody know?)

I deleted a bunch of recent posts because this thread is already massively cluttered as it is without totally random chains.
Broseidon's post below this nailed it.
Gold Star for you. :PUN:

I always feel like I'm running in fucking circles when we debate things in this thread...
That is without a doubt the best application of that gif I've ever seen. You're even clutching the Anniemations to your chest as you run.

This is why I suggested the design doc. I know this is just Skullmageddon's random decision to make an animated Annie idle that exploded into some weird group project thing, but it's gotten to the point that if any meaningful progress is to be made, all the stuff that has been decided on needs to be written down somewhere - even if Skull doesn't actually want to be part of a full project. If not it'll just continue to go in circles with people making suggestions on stuff that's been hammered out weeks ago and everyone collectively banging their heads off stuff.

The Annie and Sagan thing is definitely something that needs to be outlined though. Will he walk along beside her? Will he be attached to her belt? Will he float around behind her like a weird ghost? Will he teleport in and out for specific moves? Her entire moveset is dependent on deciding what her relationship with Sagan is.

Personally I vote for Skull's version (and not just because he's the one who started this whole thing). It's simple to have Sagan on her belt and it's easy to access for moves.

no but it was pretty funny though.
we like to have fun here.
No-Fun-Allowed_l.1.jpg
During Annie getting hit animations, would we see Sagan reacting as though hit also, similar to how ms fortune's head freaks out when she's getting hit?

inb4 Annie becomes a puppet character.

It would be best if Sagan is on her belt. Although, I personally thought that he should act the same as Tron Bonne's Servbot. Following behind her, looking all oddly cute and crap, then goes in front of her to do a giant servbot like super when needed.

But whatever, it's Skull's choice.

You win @Cellsai, I'll make a feakin' google doc...but I'm lazy right now. I'll just do it later...

Once it's finished, I'll put the google doc in the OP along with some other important details. We'll continue to debate things and update the doc accordingly.

For the time being I won't be doing any Annie related animations because I'm simply busy with other projects, but I'll remain active in the debates and overall direction we take.

Also @Broseidon Rex yes, I think it would be awesome to see him reacting to hits. I also think he could act on his own for some moves. I think I've said this before, but image a hip-check where Sagan kicks forward, pulling Annie's waist along with him. Or perhaps a low kick/sweep. Or he could even kick his legs around to give her an aerial like so;
BBCS_(Platinum_j2C).png P4Arena_Teddie_jA.png

@Kongk4 In the end it's still not my choice, but even so I'm going to make decisions regardless :P

Ok, Ok... you guys are making Skullmageddon (and myself) depressed.

Let me try a bold move

@Ravidrath sorry to summon you so abruptly but... could you give us some opinions about annie and sagan? like... where would sagan be during the attacks and other animations?

Would it be strapped to her waist?
Disappears and appears when needed?
Does annye throws it up, do the attack and it falls on her body, being magically strapped back to her waist when the attack is over/cancelled/countered?

Thank you kindly for helping the fans