• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Project Annie...In Motion!

I think for Season two Annie i'd give her some kind of fencing stance maybe? I dunno.

I made a S2 Annie sprite a while back, I gave her sword a bit of aura
tumblr_mycdjjmH1T1rwxvn2o1_400.png

hurr durr sword penis lawls

I think for Season two Annie i'd give her some kind of fencing stance maybe? I dunno.

The stance I illustrated was partially influenced by fencing stances, but more so in how she is holding her sword out and away from her body while slightly turning her body back and away from her opponent. Based on what little I've seen about S2 Annie I assumed that she normally moves by flying, hence why I drew her floating. That's just an assumption though. Adding some sort of special effect to the sword is a good idea that I might consider if I end up animating this.

I don't need to say it now.

And what is this Season 2 Annie thing?
look at the bottom
index.php

Reactions: Zidiane
So what do you guys think? Should she look physically older or not? What about some of the more minor details?
Looks amazing, but I don't think she should look older at all. That's just weird.

Looks amazing, but I don't think she should look older at all. That's just weird.
I have to agree somewhat, wasn't Annie supposed to look young forever? (I think)

So what do you guys think? Should she look physically older or not? What about some of the more minor details?)
I don't think she would look physically older at at all, the dress and the hair just make her seem more mature.
I don't have much input in regards to minor details, except for this. Make sure her sword is the right size, it's bigger than you usually draw it.

honestly she looks more mature with only one eye
but that might just be the eyepatch effect

So this is where Anniemation came from? God bless you, sir.

I have to agree somewhat, wasn't Annie supposed to look young forever? (I think)

I don't think she would look physically older at at all, the dress and the hair just make her seem more mature.
I don't have much input in regards to minor details, except for this. Make sure her sword is the right size, it's bigger than you usually draw it.

Cool, then at some point I'm going to simply make her look younger n' see how it feels. The only reason I even made her look older in the first place is because of the character sheet. It's the only official illustration of her that we have (as far as I know) and relative to the other illustrations of Annie on the same sheet, S2 Annie is somewhat taller, has a different face shape, and has different eyes as well. I thought it was possible that the intent was for Annie to appear as though her transformation manifested in her such strength and power that she even appeared slightly older (as though the power of the cosmos could transcend her curse if only for a moment).

But again, that was just a guess. Without a more extensive character sheet or info on S2 Annie it's impossible for me to actually know anything about her so I pretty much have to make shit up. I agree with you guys that she's probably meant to retain her youth and appearance (besides her additional eye and change in clothing), so I'm going to see how making her more like normal Annie looks. I'm still not sure if I'll animate this form though, I might just animate something else so I don't have to make these kinds of decisions regarding her design.

Or maybe I should just ask Alex. He would know :)

p.s. Thanks for pointing out the sword, I'll pay more attention to it. I can't quite tell what kind of sword S2 Annie has so I'll just do whatever.

Reactions: Denizen
So, how far are people trying tool take this? Is it just "oh, look, animation" or might people actually be trying to turn this into an actual thing?

Or maybe I should just ask Alex. He would know :)
I understand that Alex is a busy man, but I really wish he would talk to us fans more often.

So, how far are people trying tool take this? Is it just "oh, look, animation" or might people actually be trying to turn this into an actual thing?

Well right now "people" is pretty much just me, and no I'm not trying to turn this into anything. I just really enjoy making these animations in my spare time.

I understand that Alex is a busy man, but I really wish he would talk to us fans more often.

Well we could always force convince him to talk to us more often. You know, through means of extortion encouragement and blackmail reasoning...or whatever.

Well we could always force convince him to talk to us more often. You know, through means of extortion encouragement and blackmail reasoning...or whatever.

Well I'll get the rope Twizzlers and the duct tape er um black licorice and I'm sure he'll reason with us

Reactions: Skullmageddon
Skullmageddon's gonna inadvertently make every single one of Annie's motions without even realizing it.

Reactions: Ruin
Skullmageddon's gonna inadvertently make every single one of Annie's motions without even realizing it.

We must keep that a secret he can't know that he's making every Anniemation motion without knowing

Reactions: DDB and Lavama
It's like I said
Skull is gonna wind up putting her in the game
all to appease the Star Gods

Reactions: DDB
I, for one, welcome our new Star Gods.

Reactions: Ruin

Must...Stop...Before...Too Late......

Oh shit he knows ABORT ABORT

DON'T LET HIM GET AWAY
THE STAR GODS MUST BE APPEASED

Skullmageddon is quickly proving my theory that each skullgirls character takes 20 bucks and an hour or two to make, and the indiegogo money mostly funded Mike Z's 24 carat gold yacht.

It's really hard to think of constructive feedback. When I first saw the new drawing of season 2 Annie, I yelled at my computer, "Why are you (skullmageddon) so fing gdlikeeee!!!!?"

It's really hard to think of constructive feedback. When I first saw the new drawing of season 2 Annie, I yelled at my computer, "Why are you (skullmageddon) so fing gdlikeeee!!!!?"

It's from all those years of virgin sacrifices and devil worship.

Also a little bit of hard work and practice here and there.

I think it would be cool to see an anais animation.

75b.png

but no one would want that would they?

It's from all those years of virgin sacrifices and devil worship.

Also a little bit of hard work and practice here and there.

Devil worship? You study Latin too?

edit: I like making Latin a subtopic in this thread.

Last edited:
Man, this thread is long.

Well I decided that I'm not going to animate an idle for S2 Annie (for a number of reasons); Instead I'm just going to do something else. Regardless of the fact, I made some quick changes to my last illustration that I might as well share. It's not that different, so I'll point out the changes.

AnnieSeason2IdleOpt_Edit.jpg

I shortened her overall proportions, made her skirt larger, and changed her eyes to more closely resemble her normal eyes while still retaining some elements of change. I also changed her face structure a tiny bit to more closely resemble her youthful face.

Changes aside, I'll probably animate her run cycle or something.

Hmmm so I was thinking about doing a run cycle or whatever, and that's when something occurred to me...

I realized that when doing the past two idle animations I gave no consideration to what Annie's normals, walk, or run cycles would be like. Obviously I'm not planning on animating much more for her which is why I hadn't really thought about it, but of course now that I'm trying to do a run cycle I'm finding it quite troublesome.

So what do you guys think? I'm finding that while her current idle seems to represent her character well enough, it doesn't lend itself well to transitioning into her normals or running animation. I had ideas for some normals that might work as well as a run cycle, but I think a more "battle ready" stance would work better in this situation. From my understanding she's meant to be sort of a rush down character, correct?

Here's a quick illustration
AnnieIdleQ.jpg

I'm not sold on the alternative idle position in this illustration, it's just a quick example of something that might be better suited for her character due to her play-style more than anything. I'm open to ideas; in fact I'd really appreciate some feedback and thoughts :)

I'd say it looks better. More "professional veteran".

I support the idea of Annie using a reverse grip.

I support the idea of Annie using a reverse grip.
I don't like reverse grip on the grounds that it's an extremely poor decision in an actual sword fight. There is literally no advantage to holding your blade in reverse grip other than the fact that it's unexpected.

Reactions: Skullmageddon
something tells me that skullgirls isn't exactly a series concerned with being the height of realism
there's a few subtle exaggerations here and there that give me that impression

@Skullmageddon , at your leisure, of course, I'd really like to see Annie in an offensive stance. It's basically in between these two stances:

LPUls.jpg

Finnestra

and

Pflug
LOls.jpg

Basically holding the blade below her chin, pointed forward. Allows for extremely fast thrusts and transfers into rotational cuts. Sagan could either hang from her belt, of the hilt of the sword.

I don't like reverse grip on the grounds that it's an extremely poor decision in an actual sword fight. There is literally no advantage to holding your blade in reverse grip other than the fact that it's unexpected.
Night Phyre it's a video game, you have to swallow your pride as a kendōka.
Everyone knows that 90% of all pro wrestling moves would never work in an actual fight.
I'm a college wrestler but you don't see me insisting that Beowulf fight the way I do.