• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

[Apr 18, 2015] Final FGC Event at GU Framingham (Framingham, MA)

mcpeanuts

Anchor Peacock is the future
Reaction score
Steam
may_contain_peanuts
Double Big Band Peacock
The final Fighting Game Tournament at Game Underground in Framingham

Venue Fee will be "Pay what you want" Minimum $5

This was done at the community's request to try to raise some extra funds to make our fighting game area even better at the new GU in the Natick Mall. ALL the venue fee earned will be spent specifically on this. This could mean as little as helping us afford lock boxes to have our systems out at all times or if we raise enough, possibly more screens or systems!

1pm Skullgirls (PS3) $10
2pm Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 (XBOX 360) $10
2pm Killer Instinct (XBOX One) $10
3pm Guilty Gear Xrd (PS3) $10
4pm Mortal Kombat X (PS4) $10
6pm Ultra Street Fighter IV (XBOX 360) $10

All tournaments are Double Elimination
1st 60%
2nd 30%
3rd 10%
of prize pool.

If less than 8 players show up for any game it will be a Round Robin Tournament. Top 2 Players will be put into Grand Finals and payouts will be 70% 1st 30% 2nd.

Facebook event page: https://www.facebook.com/events/357347901134489/

What are you all talking about, I'M ALREADY THERE! Yea gonna have to leave really early to get there by tourney time, it's a drive, but yea I'm in let's do this.

Reactions: mcpeanuts
I would love to go to this, but I need a ride. I looked at google maps and it seems like 40-60 extra minutes to pick me up from, for example, new york. So yeah please consider.

If I don't work that day I'll try and see if I can make it

@Rizil @cloudKing211
Btw who's going with who/ who are the guys driving?
Ill go. I can get the van and take 7 other people with me. So let me know who wants to go. Would like to see if @Lethalmind can be counted on to drive some of the way. Also keep some funds for tolls and gas. Insert customary shit talk + "Im nice, see me in beta, yada yada smooch"

Raise of hands who's going. We might need the van + another car

Pick me up i'll go and pay gas money ily thank you

Guess that other car would be mine since I was planning on driving the whole way anyway. I can fit 4 others. We're gonna have to organize and work this out so we know who's coming and who's driving and who's riding with who.

I'll go with you Rizil. I'd prefer not to go in a van and its easy to get to newark lol

I'll go in any car that is convenient and okay with scooooping.

Summit New Jersey bb

Always bet on Rizil

Summit isn't too far away from me, I could swing by.

If were taking 2 cars, then Id rather hitch with someone too. Van is an option if we have 6-8 people going bc the less tolls and gas the better.

I don't know for sure yet, plans are never a constant with me, but I think I'm gonna try to make it out to this. It'll be my first time ever going to a fighting game event or tournament, and my first time talking to most of you folks, so needless to say that without the veil of the internet I'll be a little bit nervous and most likely will go 0/2, but hey, it'll be fun and I (currently) have nothing else to do that weekend.

Reactions: dMags and mcpeanuts
FUCK XANADU MONTHLY IS THE SAME DAY :(

T O R N B O Y S

This'll be easier ;______;7

This'll be the last one ever at GU.

That's pretty crazy considering they've been the friday night stream for.. time immemorial?

Thats true I did promise i'd go to these one day.

Scoooop me Rizil pls and thank you <3

I gotchu I'm only about 20 mins away from you, though the opposite direction :P

s a d b o y s ;___;

We out here tho just hmu if you need gas money but yeah we out here.

I'll go with Rizil or whoever.

Man I've only got so much room in my car. We might be needing a second car, unless someone wants to get strapped to the roof, which police tend to frown upon.

We DO need more than 1 car we have like 8+ people trying to roll up.

This'll be the last one ever at GU.

That's pretty crazy considering they've been the friday night stream for.. time immemorial?
The last one at GU Framingham to be specific. The store isn't closing if anyone wasn't clear on that. They're moving to a new location in Natick in May.

The last one at GU Framingham to be specific. The store isn't closing if anyone wasn't clear on that. They're moving to a new location in Natick in May.

Whew, feelers restored.

So definitely not working that day I need a ride