• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

[Apr 29, 2016] Northwest Majors VIII (April 29-May 1) | #NWM8 (Des Moines, WA)

I'm sure Deniz will be understanding, especially because of how much I've harped about the players traveling in, and even more so when the top players in the world are going to not play if that happens. I'll make sure we play on Saturday. No worries. Worst case scenario is 10am Saturday more than likely.

The sad part about being 17 is that they don't really like to include me in on decisions like this WHEN their being made but I'll make sure to harp about it to then.

Just thought I'd put a friendly warning ahead.

Also, I'm bringing freshly baked cookies no matter what.

See you all there.

I've thought about it a lot and I am gonna pass on NWM this year. Sorry everyone it just isn't really practical for me right now. Hopefully next year.

I've thought about it a lot and I am gonna pass on NWM this year. Sorry everyone it just isn't really practical for me right now. Hopefully next year.
Sorry to hear. Hope we can see you up here soon. Best of luck in other affairs <3

Reactions: mcpeanuts
About to get my tickets and register. anyone got a floor i can sleep on while im there?

I'm currently waiting to see if I can get time-off approved for this, but does anyone have a room that I can crash in? Otherwise I can try getting myself squared away with a room.

I'm currently waiting to see if I can get time-off approved for this, but does anyone have a room that I can crash in? Otherwise I can try getting myself squared away with a room.
About to get my tickets and register. anyone got a floor i can sleep on while im there?
@Dolfinh?

@Some Person @Hawt Salsa i already tried asking dolfinh and he said that his room is filled up. im still looking for someone to room with too.

looking for a room too. im prepared to buy my own room but if anyone has any space, im a cool person.

yeah im down. i can buy the room with my next paycheck.

Hit us up if/when you do the thing, and I'll keep you guys posted on my time-off status

Reactions: Natezer
Hit us up if/when you do the thing, and I'll keep you guys posted on my time-off status
DM me on twitter @SLUG_FAST or we can do a discord call to make sure everyones on the same page.

Alright, me, Mexico Juice, and Natezer have a room set, if there's a fourth who'd be willing to split the bill, message me.

Alright, me, Mexico Juice, and Natezer have a room set, if there's a fourth who'd be willing to split the bill, message me.
i really should join you guys, i've been putting off booking my room and i need people to play video games with

sp follow me back on twitter i'll hit you on the dm!

Reactions: skull person
I'm thinking about going to this...I have no tournament experience, I'm already lined up for Combo Breaker, and I'm in SoCal...Hmm...

I'm thinking about going to this...I have no tournament experience, I'm already lined up for Combo Breaker, and I'm in SoCal...Hmm...
Ain't you that person that never went to Salty? :^)

Answer is always yes. Go.

Reactions: MysteriousJ
Ain't you that person that never went to Salty? :^)

Yeah, that's me! I'm super close to LA/ Burbank etc, but I'm not that good TTwTT

Yeah, that's me! I'm super close to LA/ Burbank etc, but I'm not that good TTwTT
Possibly THE worst excuse to not go play video games offline with the coolest people ever. <3

Lots of people go to tournaments and lose two games and they are out.

You get better a lot faster when people can give you advice in person.

You should go to Salty and visit the SoCal crew and Mike!

Reactions: mcpeanuts
Yeah, I've was going to my locals regularly and I only did better than 0-2 in GGXrd the last time I went (though I got busy on Wednesdays since then, but it was a very educational experience).

Yeah, that's me! I'm super close to LA/ Burbank etc
Well that just makes me mad. :^P You could have come to Twin Galaxies, which didn't even have a venue fee, for months.

but I'm not that good
The best way to get better is to play people offline.

Woo i'll be making it actually, Wasnt sure if I could but i will <3

3 Modz 1 tournament

; ^ )

hey @Mike_Z They have announced that this will be main stream on Saturday! Can we get that put on the front page?
Do you mean here:

dc3700dcae.jpg

Or writing an entire news article?

Both of them don't involve tagging Mike; Vad handles the first one and the news team handles the second one.
(Mike isn't a mod)

@Vadsamoht