• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Art Gallery Thread

OK, so...

The unlock number Viro is at (442/578) is currently the maximum number of entries you can unlock without beating Marie 300%. This is a bug. I've put in the fix for this, so it'll be corrected by next patch.

Normally, you should be able to unlock up to 574/578 without beating Marie 300%.
If you are at 442/578 right now, you technically should have the above number, and you will after the fix goes live.

Sorry for the trouble!
I will wait patiently for the fix so I can see the rest of the art *stares at screen* OwO lol X3

Just beat Marie 300% like a real man.

I really hope those four last arts are worth it, I'm even thinking strategy for this. I never do that does that mean I traveled through another dimension? A dimension not only of sight and sound but of mind?

I hope those are some super sexy arts you're hiding there because I'm getting them.

Anyway here's my strategy which should work for anyone with good timing:

Start off with opera super -> mash j. mk (make sure you are jumping to the right while doing the j. mk mash)

Marie will break out sometimes but I think I just suck at timing the hits but either way if she escapes hopefully you have one meter again and you lock her into the corner mashing j. mk again.

Do that for all three forms although keep in mind I only reached form 2 and managed to damage her a bit (but again I have bad timing so maybe someone better can pull it off)

I really hope those four last arts are worth it, I'm even thinking strategy for this. I never do that does that mean I traveled through another dimension? A dimension not only of sight and sound but of mind?

I hope those are some super sexy arts you're hiding there because I'm getting them.

Anyway here's my strategy which should work for anyone with good timing:

Start off with opera super -> mash j. mk (make sure you are jumping to the right while doing the j. mk mash)

Marie will break out sometimes but I think I just suck at timing the hits but either way if she escapes hopefully you have one meter again and you lock her into the corner mashing j. mk again.

Do that for all three forms although keep in mind I only reached form 2 and managed to damage her a bit (but again I have bad timing so maybe someone better can pull it off)
Instead of mash j.mk, hit j.MK and on the second sound effect hit j.HK, rinse and repeat, if the combo count appears for you then add a teeny pause before jumping back up again otherwise she'll burst on the 4th hit.

Also for her second stage crossups are your friend, she'll go for the poke and miss if you get your timing right.

That pool party one is my favorite. Such a cute artstyle.

Just beat Marie 300% like a real man, duh.
You just beat marie? How'd you do it?

I just beat her and honestly once you realize she's weak to crossups it gets really easy

are there any unlocks based on playing online or is all offline or single player?
I just beat her and honestly once you realize she's weak to crossups it gets really easy
what is squigly's best cross up anyway?

I just ran up and did j.hk until i got a decent life lead and ran away the rest of the game. here's a pic

2013-11-02_00011.jpg

Reactions: Broseidon Rex
You can dump the entire art gallery, the art is pretty high quality.

Shame the stick art doesn't fit on Madcatz sticks.

It's a lot harder with the counterhit damage, holy hell

make sure you change the time to 30 seconds

make sure you change the time to 30 seconds
wait that works?

*checks*

There no emoticon to express my feelings at the moment.

Anyway, thanks for informing me of that. :D

Last edited:
The j.mk xx jhk works pretty well

Oh that's how you do it. Well well well... I still want to find the manly way to do it but this was way easier.

The j.mk xx jhk works pretty well
that does work fairly well. but i managed it with cr.HK xx qcf.LK (repeat). sometimes it would lock marie into a pattern where she'd just do nothing as long as you kept it going.
Oh that's how you do it. Well well well... I still want to find the manly way to do it but this was way easier.
after managing to get to form 3 once, i'd say she wasn't designed to be defeated normally.

She was defeated via an exploit but that has since been patched out courtesy of @Mike_Z

Just unlocked it.^^; Whew. Yeah, that j.MK to j.HK really works. I don't know why I was trying to beat her the old-fashioned way. Not gonna happen for me even if I spent the rest of the night trying to lol.

I found that you can use j.MK for 3 or 4 hits (not just 2) and as long as you follow through with a couple hits from j.HK it still works, although sometimes Marie can toss out a skull at this point. If you get knocked back for whatever reason Squigly has those multi-jumps that you can use to just stall until the timer runs out.

Last edited:
Well wouldn't you know it. It worked.

How appropriate. Defeating a cheap boss with a set of cheap tricks. The blade of irony strikes hard.

Well wouldn't you know it. It worked.

How appropriate. Defeating a cheap boss with a set of cheap tricks. The blade of irony strikes hard.
given how the devs talked about it, i think it was supposed to be this way.

like using the second player controller to beat psycho mantis.

fitting that it all ends with a metal gear reference. THE MEMES!

Reactions: Denizen
IsaVulpes got himself dis-included for anything in the future.

Also, 30 sec is getting fixed. Credit to __, the only person to have actually figured it out.

Can someone get their ass on ripping the picture files? I'm sure most people who want to beat Marie 300% are just in it for the art, so spare everyone a headache and just dump the pictures, please.

Awwwwwww..... Man this art gallery is awesome!

Can someone get their ass on ripping the picture files? I'm sure most people who want to beat Marie 300% are just in it for the art, so spare everyone a headache and just dump the pictures, please.

I'm on it.^^

Edit: Wait, I was cutting the images at the full resolution and then putting them together in photoshop. Not sure if this counts as 'ripping' them. Is this acceptable?

Almost all of the pictures in the art gallery can be unlocked through normal, non-hellacious gameplay. Marie 300% only has two exclusive pictures in her story. Is a 1080p rip enough?

2013-11-03_00006.jpg 2013-11-03_00005.jpg

Wait, before I go on, is this even okay to do? ^^; Uploading this stuff I mean. I don't want to do it if it isn't cool with the devs.
I feel like that, since it isn't spoiler-y story elements, it's okay??? I mean, the Gallery is just art that's become available for everyone if they bother to unlock it.

Reactions: southpawper
You can do it yourself. All you need is Photoshop or any other image editing software that can open .dds. (Such as Paint.net which is also free)

1. Download this (It's for opening the .gfs packages)
2. If you're using Photoshop, download this plugin and install it, it will allow you to open .dds files. If you have Paint.net you can skip this step as it supports .dds natively.
2. Go to Steam/steamapps/common/Skullgirls/data01, that's all the art assets. 'ui-artgallery' is the art in the art gallery.
3. Drag and drop the desired archive into the program in step one. It's not hard to use so figure it out.
4. Open the now extracted folder and drag/open the files you want to view in Photoshop. Save as .png if necessary or whatever.

Last edited:
You can do it yourself. All you need is Photoshop or any other image editing software that can open .dds.

2. If you're using Photoshop, download this plugin and install it. It will allow you to open .dds files.
2. Go to Steam/steamapps/common/Skullgirls/data01, that's all the art assets. 'ui-artgallery' is the art in the art gallery.
3. Drag and drop the desired archive into the program in step one. It's not hard to use so figure it out.
4. Open the now extracted folder and drag/open the files you want to view in Photoshop. Save as .png if necessary or whatever.

Thank you! I was ready to poke my eyes out lol!

You can do it yourself. All you need is Photoshop or any other image editing software that can open .dds.

2. If you're using Photoshop, download this plugin and install it. It will allow you to open .dds files.

Thank sweet sweet merciful lord.
However though, photoshop doesn't run on my computer for some weird reason and I'm not sure if SAI can open .dds files.

Paint.net natively supports .dds so you can use that, it's also free software.

Guess I'll add it to the steps.