• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Ask Ravidrath...!

I've been following this game since release, and may finally get it seeing how it is a current PS+ game.
Been playing FGs since SFII and as an artist/animator, am blown away by a quality 2D indie FG being being outside Japan.

One thing's been holding me back from getting it, and I wished I'd found this forum & asked it long ago. Better late than never.
As a Christian, I need to know: what the story is on Parasoul's inverted cross?

Thanks very much for an amazing game, great forum, and time for responding to this.

The story is that it is their version of worshipping their set of deities, the divine trinity,

Well in terms of Christianity it actually isn't at all a symbol of satanism or anti-Christian ideals in any way. It's a misunderstood Catholic symbol for Saint Peter, seeing as St.Peter had himself crucified upside down as he felt unworthy of the same death as Jesus Christ. It's a Catholic symbol for the saint and for putting yourself lower than Christ metaphorically. In the game it's primarily for stylistic design and also does have something to do with the "trinity" within the game's lore.

Thanks for the responses & link. Yeah, I knew of its use for Peter's execution, but it's often used today as an image of anti-Christianity. Maybe those people are misusing it. It's on Rachel's outfit in BB (I wonder if that inspired it here), and wonder what its use there is (vampire related maybe). Anyway, a tricky symbol, but it has been explained well. Thanks!

As a Christian, I need to know: what the story is on Parasoul's inverted cross?

Thanks very much for an amazing game, great forum, and time for responding to this.
In the game universe it's not tied to paganism or St. Peter's reversed cross, it's signifying the Trinitist faith in the game (Mike Z or Alex said the cross referres to the 3 goddesses of the Trinity.

edit: oops Mysterygamer got it right before me heh

Can you please make these playable costumes for Filia and Fukua?
These costumes are based off of Moka, and Vampire Moka from Rosario + Vampire.
I feel these are fitting costumes because in this Anime the pink haired Moka wears a rosary which withholds her true vampire form. When the rosary is taken off she becomes the white haired vampire. Seeing that Filia and Fukua are much the same I felt this was an appropriate costume for them.

Attachments

• MokaFilia.png
    MokaFilia.png
    83.4 KB · Views: 732
  • Moka vampire.png
    Moka vampire.png
    79 KB · Views: 558
  • Mokaspls.png
    Mokaspls.png
    985.6 KB · Views: 6,244
Last edited:
I doubt it will happen, people had to pay for their own pallets in the game, why would he give you two for free

I doubt it will happen, people had to pay for their own pallets in the game, why would he give you two for free
No clue, I'm relatively new to the game. One can only hope for such actions, however I'd be willing to pay if needed. It really depends on the price.

Not sure if this would be the best place to ask when you download another character do you have to download anything else like the update compability thing although I am not sure if that is on the ps3 or not, note this is on ps3.

Not sure if this would be the best place to ask when you download another character do you have to download anything else like the update compability thing although I am not sure if that is on the ps3 or not, note this is on ps3.

No, PS3 patches are automatic and comprehensive.

The Compatibility Pack nonsense is unique to the 360 version.

No, PS3 patches are automatic and comprehensive.

The Compatibility Pack nonsense is unique to the 360 version.
Oh, Hai, Ravidrath. I'm relatively new to Skull Girls literally a day of experience however I really admire the frame data and such. I myself play Tekken and frame data is key to everything in that game and it's beginning to help me out here as well. I really appreciate a good fighting game when I come across it, a friend of mine referred me to this game at first and I was a bit skeptical however I fell in love with it after a few hours...
I came for the waifus, stayed for the fighting.

Oh, Hai, Ravidrath. I'm relatively new to Skull Girls literally a day of experience however I really admire the frame data and such. I myself play Tekken and frame data is key to everything in that game and it's beginning to help me out here as well. I really appreciate a good fighting game when I come across it, a friend of mine referred me to this game at first and I was a bit skeptical however I fell in love with it after a few hours...
I came for the waifus, stayed for the fighting.

Glad you're enjoying it!

And, yes, it's a serious fighting game. It just doesn't take itself seriously.

All the stuff you're talking about is Mike's doing - I just pay the bills.

Glad you're enjoying it!

And, yes, it's a serious fighting game. It just doesn't take itself seriously.

All the stuff you're talking about is Mike's doing - I just pay the bills.
Well then please, keep up the good work. I'll be glad to support the community any way possible. Although I'm new I'm willing to show integrity and stick to this game. I just have fun in general while playing this game. Keep up the good work, you all. I'm looking forward to anything and everything Lab Zero has got.

Reactions: SkullMan and Wenzel
Hi Ravidrath !

I posted an answer in the thread about the subtitles translation and listed some errors I found in the French localisation
This post
Maybe you already saw it, but since it might be useful I want to make sure it was noticed.

Last edited:
Well, I've read a ton of posts on the forum & have really enjoyed playing the game since I got it almost two months ago. An indie company like yours fascinates me since I'm the 2-D artist of an even smaller company. We're not well-known, and I barely get by on survival money.

The question (if you wish): How much of a struggle was it, if any, to make this game & have people able to make an income? Were there any doubt it would be completed? A quality game made by a small company with a forum to interact like this is very cool. Thanks.

how does lb makes its money on skullgirls now that konami has dropped sg and you have rebranded the name do you guys directly get the money when somebody buy on steam or the eshop on consoles

hopefully somebody see the potential of this company and buys it

So there's nothing on the Skullgirls TF2 Items even though they have tons of likes of favorites?

So there's nothing on the Skullgirls TF2 Items even though they have tons of likes of favorites?

The TF2 items were never gold star certified, which is important to ensure that they are TF2-ready (and that Valve will pay attention to them). I sent some instructions on how to gold star certify their TF2 items to Lab Zero some months ago, but nothing seems to have been done, unfortunately.

Ravidrath said a while ago that they wanted to focus on the main-game content for a while instead of spending time on the IGG extras and missing the dates for the important stuff. I'm sure they'll get around to it sometime.

Reactions: Wenzel
Ravidrath said a while ago that they wanted to focus on the main-game content for a while instead of spending time on the IGG extras and missing the dates for the important stuff. I'm sure they'll get around to it sometime.
I guess so, Maybe when the'll update them and newer items based on Beowulf and Eliza. Maybe it'll be another Brutal Legend Deal

Quick question, if I buy the colour palette DLC now will I get Eliza's DLC colour palette when she comes out? Or will it be extra?

Quick question, if I buy the colour palette DLC now will I get Eliza's DLC colour palette when she comes out? Or will it be extra?

You get extra palettes for all existing and future characters, including Eliza, Beowulf, and Robo-Fortune.

@Flotilla how hard is it to get TF2 items gold star certified? If it's not really that time consuming then I'd hate for them to wait until all the DLC characters were done to start looking at it :x

@Flotilla how hard is it to get TF2 items gold star certified? If it's not really that time consuming then I'd hate for them to wait until all the DLC characters were done to start looking at it :x

Not hard at all, assuming you are familiar with the items you are certifying. You go into TF2, upload the item, promo pictures, and LOD models, specify what class/slot it's for, and write some short description about the item.

3E53D207F349B64A4906F7341203F6E6BF30943E

I'm not sure if non-gold star items can be retroactively gold starred, but even if they had to be relisted it would give more hope than leaving them uncertified. Valve is less promo-happy than they were a few years back, so I would say it's almost necessary for the items to be gold starred before Valve will even consider them. While they say that the process is optional, only gold star certified cosmetics have been accepted since the process was implementated. So yeah.

Last edited:
This question is for @Mike_Z but @Ravidrath if you know the answer go head

From a technical stand point (and be as descriptive as you want) how do you implement parry into your game or i guess any fighter in general.

I wanted to know cause I wanted to mess around with the parry mechanic in something I'm working on

This question is for @Mike_Z but @Ravidrath if you know the answer go head
From a technical stand point (and be as descriptive as you want) how do you implement parry into your game or i guess any fighter in general.
Er. You keep a parry timer that is activated when any of the inputs are entered and clears itself if an invalid input is entered, and has a cooldown, and then if they are in a state where they were allowed to block but they get hit with that timer active they go to a parry state, which also alters the opponent's hitpause. I'm not sure what bit of that needed explanation, since most of it is just "how parry works". This vid explains it better than I did!

is there going be lobbies on PS3 when eliza comes out?

no.
was that ever confirmed or is that just a sarcastic answer considering how often this question is asked?

was that ever confirmed or is that just a sarcastic answer considering how often this question is asked?
I'm confirming it right now. There will eventually be lobbies on consoles, but it doesn't look like they'll be done in time for Eliza because of the extra problems Eliza had. :^S

Reactions: Arcana
a little of column a a little of column b. It could literally go either way from what I've seen.

edit: and still somehow a very good guesser.

I'm confirming it right now. There will eventually be lobbies on consoles, but it doesn't look like they'll be done in time for Eliza because of the extra problems Eliza had. :^S
extra problems?
oh well at least now we know for sure thanks for answering

thanks for the answer.