• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Ask Ravidrath...!

snip

Fair enough! Since I don't personally know what to do about the situation I suppose the next logical step would just be to make a thread here and ask other fans what I should be doing to start. There's got to be somebody here who knows their stuff better than I do. So.. uh... yeah, that's here.

I'm not Ravidrath, but I think I can answer that one. The reason those "unfortunate" regions don't have Skullgirls Encore yet is because Sony requires that all games' metadata - the text you see on PSN when you see it in the store - be translated into the appropriate language for each region. We discovered a week and a half ago that we didn't have translations for those and needed to send them off for a rush job. Sony wouldn't accept a translation through Google Translate. :P

We've received the completed translations back and are setting them up, and I believe at this point we're just waiting for Sony Europe to flip the switch to make them active. So all we can tell you for now is "soon, we hope." Sorry we can't give a more concrete estimate, but rest assured that we've been working on fixing it, and it should be fixed soon.
Any news on the release of Skullgirls Encore on PSN in those unfortunate European countries that required additional translations? It's been three weeks since the original so-called European release and the game still isn't available in the Dutch version of the PlayStation store.

Any news on the release of Skullgirls Encore on PSN in those unfortunate European countries that required additional translations? It's been three weeks since the original so-called European release and the game still isn't available in the Dutch version of the PlayStation store.

Everything that we needed to fix on our end - getting the metadata translated and entering it into Sony EU's submission forms - has been fixed for over a week, and we've been trying to get Sony EU to confirm when Encore would get released in the affected countries. They have been completely unresponsive. We've even gotten our contact at Sony America to yell at them for us. All we have to go by right now is Sony EU's automated system, which would imply that the issue would finally be resolved on 4/16. However, we can't go around touting that as the official date until we either 1) get verification from Sony EU that that is indeed the correct date or 2) that date passes and it does get released in those countries.

This news should be updated on the front page - http://www.playstationtrophies.org/news/news-12882-This-Week-on-the-PSN-[The-PAL-Edition].html

Skullgirls Encore (PS3) – Now available in Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Denmark, Finland, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Russia, Sweden, Switzerland, Ukraine

I can't believe this is the first near-official confirmation we've gotten for this and we're the goddamn developer of the game. =/
I already see the problem with your thinking. It makes too much sense.
EDIT on 4/17/14: So now they said it's available but it's actually not? Now it's making less sense, which is OK!

Last edited:
Except the PSStore update for this week came live yesterday and Skullgirls Encore still is nowhere to be found. So you might want to hold off on posting the news on the front page until the game is actually available.

Except the PSStore update for this week came live yesterday and Skullgirls Encore still is nowhere to be found. So you might want to hold off on posting the news on the front page until the game is actually available.

I wish I had control of that, but I totally don't. :[

Hello Everyone, new to the forums (and SG) here...

I hope this hasn't been asked too often already, but I thought Squigly was available on PSN in the Netherlands already. Instead, I've bought SG:E and got Big Band for free, but Squigly is nowhere to be found, does she still need to be translated?

Thanks in advance!
Supreme_Bananas

Hello Everyone, new to the forums (and SG) here...

I hope this hasn't been asked too often already, but I thought Squigly was available on PSN in the Netherlands already. Instead, I've bought SG:E and got Big Band for free, but Squigly is nowhere to be found, does she still need to be translated?

Thanks in advance!
Supreme_Bananas
http://labzerogames.com/429-indiegogo-update/

Unfortunately it seems like the Netherlands is one of the countries that Squigly isn't available in yet for whatever reason. I'm sure they'll get it resolved soon though.

Reactions: Supreme_Bananas
http://labzerogames.com/429-indiegogo-update/

Unfortunately it seems like the Netherlands is one of the countries that Squigly isn't available in yet for whatever reason. I'm sure they'll get it resolved soon though.
And only now I see I could've gotten Encore for free, as I had already bought the original SG -_-. No matter, Instead I'm happy to support LabZero :PUN:
I hope the Squigly issue gets resolved soon, she seems like a very fun character to play, and her win animation is cute :3

Hi, @Supreme_Bananas ! That's correct, Squigly isn't out yet, but she expect she will be soon. There was a mistake on our end when submitting content for the twelve countries that didn't have SG:E for a while, and Squigly's release got delayed accidentally. It should be fixed soon! We think she'll be out on 5/6, but we haven't gotten official confirmation from Sony EU.

I was just going through the Digital Art Compendium and noticed that while all the playable cast have their frame dumps included, Boss Mode Marie is absent. Will she ever be added to the compendium?

I was just going through the Digital Art Compendium and noticed that while all the playable cast have their frame dumps included, Boss Mode Marie is absent. Will she ever be added to the compendium?
I think the dude who put it together said he forgot Marie by accident? And (Mike? Not sure) said the compendium will be updated with the expanded cast, so I think Marie might be included with that.

Reactions: Cellsai
Any news on if/when the art compendium might be purchasable separately?

Last edited:
Reactions: Mr. X and Wenzel
Any news on if/when the art compendium might be purchasable separately?

IF this happen all the money going to L0 pockets or will be form Autumm/ Marvelous AQL?

IF this happen all the money going to L0 pockets or will be form Autumm/ Marvelous AQL?
The art compendium and other stuff from the IGG wasn't explicitly published by MAQL (though there might be a publisher/label for the OST, not sure about that), so I would guess that the money goes straight to L0. That's purely a guess, though.

Reactions: Wenzel
Dumb question, when a DLC char. its finished we gonna get the Art compendium updated with the char.?

Not sure if this has been answered or where to ask this, but due to the game saying her story is "locked" will she have some sort of spoof story mode? Or will there be some way to make sure that you can't move to the right of BB?

(I copied and pasted from the "Fukua patch has been submitted" thread)

Not sure if this has been answered or where to ask this, but due to the game saying her story is "locked" will she have some sort of spoof story mode? Or will there be some way to make sure that you can't move to the right of BB?

(I copied and pasted from the "Fukua patch has been submitted" thread)
It's so the game doesn't conflict internally or something, she doesn't have her own story mode. The "locked" is just a place holder.

Reactions: Arcana
I have a few questions, and it would be wonderful if anyone can answer them.

1. When will Eliza be released for PC, XBLA, PSN? Or is there no word on that yet?
2. When will Fukua be coming to consoles?
3. Squigly's and Big Band's first 6, and several other, color palettes remain locked for me on Xbox, along with a few arenas as well. Is there a fix for this, or is SG team working on it?
4. What's the status on Beowulf and Robo Fortune?
5. Is there a chance that Venus and/or Aeon (preferably the former) will be added as playable characters in SGE? I really wanted them and I think they're too cool to pass up as DLC.

1. When will Eliza be released for PC, XBLA, PSN? Or is there no word on that yet?
Still no word.
With the next patch. We don't have a precise date, but we know it's been moved forward thanks to the Valentine Red Cross stuff that happened recently.
3. Squigly's and Big Band's first 6, and several other, color palettes remain locked for me on Xbox, along with a few arenas as well. Is there a fix for this, or is SG team working on it?
4. What's the status on Beowulf and Robo Fortune?
They are still in pre-production. I'll edit this post with a link to the progress spreadsheet in a minute.
EDIT:
5. Is there a chance that Venus and/or Aeon (preferably the former) will be added as playable characters in SGE? I really wanted them and I think they're too cool to pass up as DLC.
That's a loooooong way off. For now, assume the answer is a flat 'no', and be pleasantly surprised if L0 manages to roll five critical successes in a row.

Vadsamoht already addressed most of your questions but I'll elaborate on one of them and answer the one that he couldn't.

Very soon. We just submitted a patch to Sony America and Sony Europe and that should go into testing any day now. We - and by "we" I really mean Marvelous AQL - should be submitting the patch to MS Japan(*) and an updated build to Sony Japan for us within a day or two, and those should go into testing soon after as well.

To be clear, Fukua will NOT be DLC. She is part of the patch that we submitted, which you'll be prompted to download the next time you launch the game after it's release. That means she'll just be part of the game once you grab the patch.

(*) - Our Xbox360 publisher is Marvelous AQL, which is a Japanese company, so we have to go through MS Japan, instead of MS America.

We're aware of this issue, and we have implemented a fix into the patch we've submitted which we hope will resolve this issue.

In the meantime, we have a couple of posts on Facebook with updates about the issue where people have posted solutions that have worked for them:
Post 1 - https://www.facebook.com/skullgirls/posts/675037349230429
Post 2 - https://www.facebook.com/skullgirls/posts/676035912463906

There's also a thread here on Skullheart that addresses the issue, with the solution that people have had the most success with listed in the first post: http://skullgirls.com/forums/index....l-palettes-locked-bug-and-locked-stages.2757/

Last edited:
Reactions: Vadsamoht
That's a loooooong way off. For now, assume the answer is a flat 'no', and be pleasantly surprised if L0 manages to roll five critical successes in a row.
That's unfortunate, but I'll still hold out hope that Venus will make it one day. That's good news about Fukua though, can't wait.

Vadsamoht already addressed most of your questions but I'll elaborate on one of them and answer the one that he couldn't.

Very soon. We just submitted a patch to Sony America and Sony Europe and that should go into testing any day now. We - and by "we" I really mean Marvelous AQL - should be submitting the patch to MS Japan(*) and an updated build to Sony Japan for us within a day or two, and those should go into testing soon after as well.

To be clear, Fukua will NOT be DLC. She is part of the patch that we submitted, which you'll be prompted to download the next time you launch the game after it's release. That means she'll just be part of the game once you grab the patch.

We're aware of this issue, and we have implemented a fix into the patch we've submitted which we hope will resolve this issue.

In the meantime, we have a couple of posts on Facebook with updates about the issue where people have posted solutions that have worked for them:
Post 1 - https://www.facebook.com/skullgirls/posts/675037349230429
Post 2 - https://www.facebook.com/skullgirls/posts/676035912463906

There's also a thread here on Skullheart that addresses the issue, with the solution that people have had the most success with listed in the first post: http://skullgirls.com/forums/index....l-palettes-locked-bug-and-locked-stages.2757/
I knew Fukua was going to be a patch and not DLC, but I think you only mentioned PSN news on the patch release. I've only just got interested with Skullgirls a few days ago (this is actually my first fighting game ever), and I only play on Xbox. Is the patch rolling out the same time as PSN versions? I'm not up to speed on what all the abbreviations are yet, such as Marvelous AQL. Sorry for the inconvenience.

EDIT: I also live in the US if that is relevent

Last edited:
I knew Fukua was going to be a patch and not DLC, but I think you only mentioned PSN news on the patch release. I've only just got interested with Skullgirls a few days ago (this is actually my first fighting game ever), and I only play on Xbox. Is the patch rolling out the same time as PSN versions? I'm not up to speed on what all the abbreviations are yet, such as Marvelous AQL. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Marvelous AQL (or MAQL) is the game's publisher. Patch times will invariably differ between the PC/PS3/360 versions due to them having different procedures for releasing new DLC/patches/etc., but Lab Zero don't tell us the release dates until they know them for sure.

Also Marvelous is celebrating Golden Week so they aren't working until it is over or something

No problem. "Marvelous AQL" is just the company's name. I have no idea what the "AQL" stands for, and I expect most of the Lab Zero team doesn't either. haha

We hope to be able to roll out the patch on Xbox360 as close as possible to the PSN release, but it will all depend on how fast Microsoft approves things. Maybe MS will approve things faster than Sony! We have no idea. The joke around these parts is that Xbox anything takes forever when it comes to Skullgirls, but we don't anticipate that to be the case with a simple patch like this.

And welcome to fighting games! We think you'll enjoy Skullgirls, and people have said it's helped them get into fighting games in general, so you've taken your first steps into a fun genre. ;)

Aaaaaand I took too long writing this and other people already responded. Hooray!

Reactions: Broseidon Rex
so for the IGG backers will the OST be updated later for Fukua's stage theme with unfinished buisness or will they both be released separately?

Ok Peter I actually have a serious question =0. Any advice on how to get into the game industry. I currently work at Cisco as an IT analyst. I am working on some iOS games in my free time and I have been published in the Games for Health journal for research I did on a Kinect game I worked on during grad school. I started applying to random companies in the bay area, but any tips would be cool :3.

Wait.....Fukua gonna get a theme?
Ooh, I hope so.

No problem. "Marvelous AQL" is just the company's name. I have no idea what the "AQL" stands for, and I expect most of the Lab Zero team doesn't either. haha

We hope to be able to roll out the patch on Xbox360 as close as possible to the PSN release, but it will all depend on how fast Microsoft approves things. Maybe MS will approve things faster than Sony! We have no idea. The joke around these parts is that Xbox anything takes forever when it comes to Skullgirls, but we don't anticipate that to be the case with a simple patch like this.

And welcome to fighting games! We think you'll enjoy Skullgirls, and people have said it's helped them get into fighting games in general, so you've taken your first steps into a fun genre. ;)

Aaaaaand I took too long writing this and other people already responded. Hooray!
Thanks for the information, the responsiveness of the Skullgirl's team is awesome. You and Lab Zero (Or maybe you're a member of Lab Zero, idk haha) just scored some major points for being one of the only developers that actually answer my questions quickly. You've been very helpful and I appreciate it.

It's from a previous merger between the old Marvelous, AQ entertainment and Liveware.

so will we be getting the new themes into the soundtrack when Fukua hits in hopefully a week or so? will it include Eliza's theme?