• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Ask Ravidrath...!

Ravidrath

VIP
Reaction score
Hey guys.

I'm going to try and pay more attention to Skullheart from now on, but I don't have time to read the entire forum and answer everything that appears in a million threads.

So, in an attempt to make this manageable for everyone, I'm going to try this out!

So ask me questions and I'll do my best to answer them all here.

-Peter

Are you responsible for updating the humble bundle soundtrack to include the new songs, or is that Vincent? I want to know who I should YELL AT.

(Just kidding I love you <3)

Are you responsible for updating the humble bundle soundtrack to include the new songs, or is that Vincent? I want to know who I should YELL AT.

(Just kidding I love you <3)

Got the tracks from Vince over the weekend, and hope to get it up soon. The big hold-up now is that the Humble Bundle guys are still getting back from PAX.

How's the Paypal tangle going on?

I logged into Paypal today to pay our contractors, and the reserve had been mysteriously been lifted!

So it looks like it's over...

...OR IS IT?

(Seriously, it better fucking be over.)

What is your job as a CEO?

Like, what do you do?

How'd you even become a CEO?

What skills does a CEO need to even become a CEO?

When's the palettes? I wanted to submit an alteration to mine and was wondering whether it'd be too late for that.

Are Squigly and Big Band trailers planned for the console releases? Or were those only for vanilla characters to drum up hype for the release?

What is your job as a CEO?

Like, what do you do?

How'd you even become a CEO?

What skills does a CEO need to even become a CEO?

1. Mostly pay the bills, e-mail the various companies we have to deal with (Autumn, MAQL, Valve, etc.) and try to keep things going for the team. It's a support position.

2. I became CEO by stepping up and offering to do it. I had some production experience and a good rapport with Autumn from my work as Community Manager and the least number of responsibilities on the game proper.

3. I think it's mostly just attention to detail and organization. But I'm still figuring a lot of this out as I go along.

When's the palettes? I wanted to submit an alteration to mine and was wondering whether it'd be too late for that.

Talk to Brian - it's not too late.

Are Squigly and Big Band trailers planned for the console releases? Or were those only for vanilla characters to drum up hype for the release?

We're working on character trailers - going to have Earl and Mike record assets for Squigly's soon.

You've probably gotten this question at least twice a day but are you keeping tabs with the lawsuit situation with Reverge Labs? Or is it something you can't discuss online or publicly?

Anything planned for Lab Zero games on the PS4, Xbox One, or Wii U? Even if its just a Skullgirls port?

You've probably gotten this question at least twice a day but are you keeping tabs with the lawsuit situation with Reverge Labs? Or is it something you can't discuss online or publicly?

You mean with Konami?

Right now, Autumn is waiting on a final ruling from the judge. So not much to pay attention to at the moment.

Anything planned for Lab Zero games on the PS4, Xbox One, or Wii U? Even if its just a Skullgirls port?

Can't really comment on this now, but it's something we're obviously interested in.

How we move forward depends a lot on how things go with Autumn's lawsuit.

Apologies in advance if it has already been answered but I've been out of the loop during the board's down time.
- When will the Squigly patch be available on PS3?
- Is there a estimated time frame for when Big Band will be finished? It's not like I'm impatient for Eliza or anything... >_>

Was also going to ask about the lawsuit
but got ninja'd by princessapple. Hopefully the verdict will be favorable to you.

- When will the Squigly patch be available on PS3?
I received an IGG email from Ravidrath and he said in around 6 weeks unless some delays happen.

Reactions: Balder
Not sure if you are permitted to say this, but if you can, Lab Zero has made enough profit from the game to stay alive until their next game (or atleast a year or two) and not die on the vine like other Indie Developers? I just want to make sure this won't be guaranteed your last game ever.

There's no profit yet - all the IGG money is just to pay us to keep going, for now.

We'll see what happens next.

I'm not really sure what to ask, but I feel like I should ask something, so I'll go with this.

What part of your job do you like the most?

oh great and mighty Ravidrath i ask but one thing... when oh when will we get that art compendium?

Reactions: Not-So-Saint
I have a quick (probably silly) question about the soundtrack, which I've recently purchased (and enjoying) from ITunes. When the new stages come out and their music is made available, will I have to purchase them or just redownload the Soundtrack?

I love the New Meridian Rooftops song, so I won't mind if I have to shell out a dollar for it. :D

What kind of games do you guys plan to create in the future? Also, is the team considering making 3D games?

What's the beef against Nichijou?! (Actually, I've never watched it, but I loved that patch notes had a left-field bait for animu fan comments.)

More serious question... Well, two-fold: When will (if at all) new characters' IGG wallpapers be added, and will there be an indicator on the Humble Account page for such updates (there's a YYYY-MM-DD indicator under filesizes in the big games list, for example)?

I wanna know more about Squigly's... lore.

Any news on that one Japanese dev who's working on the Arcade port?
I'm also curious how the Arcade port is coming along.

I'm also curious how the Arcade port is coming along.

Mike said that paperwork was still being signed and you shouldn't expect it for a LONG while. That was a week or so ago, and since he said cross-country paperwork takes forever I doubt the situation has changed much.

I already owned the Skullgirls OST as an Amazon MP3 download. I went ahead and got the soundtrack off the IGG fundraiser as well, but I was just wondering, will owners of the OST on various digital distribution services get free updates as well, or is this just a Humble Bundle/IGG thing?

I'm wondering if Marvelous AQL is happy with how the PC version of Skullgirls is doing sales wise. Considering that the people that were interested the most probably got the game during IndieGoGo campaign.

Any news on the Squigly character trailer?
  1. We're working on character trailers - going to have Earl and Mike record assets for Squigly's soon.

There's no profit yet - all the IGG money is just to pay us to keep going, for now.

We'll see what happens next.

No profit? Like... at all? I thought SG was the top selling game on Steam for a little bit? What happened?

If i make one or two suggestions for Big Band's Attacks, is there any chance they'd be read/considered? or is the char's planning phase closed?