• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Avatar: The Last Airbender/Legend of Korra

Also, its not the first on screen death in Avatar. Remember when Sokka killed Combustion Man?
No, but I remember when Sparky-Sparky Boom Man died.

No, but I remember when Sparky-Sparky Boom Man died.
yeah... I also liked how nobody talked about how Sokka straight up killed him either.

What's next, Time-Bending?

Actually, no, that would cause tumblr to explode with Doctor Who crossovers.

yeah... I also liked how nobody talked about how Sokka straight up killed him either.
Sokka is my absolute favorite character for things like this. He wasn't just a comic relief, he was pretty much the leader of Team Avatar. I agree, it sucks how no one talks about how 3 bending masters and the avatar couldn't beat Combustion Man, but one guy with a boomerang was able to do it.

Sokka is my absolute favorite character for things like this. He wasn't just a comic relief, he was pretty much the leader of Team Avatar. I agree, it sucks how no one talks about how 3 bending masters and the avatar couldn't beat Combustion Man, but one guy with a boomerang was able to do it.
not just able to beat him but had the stones TO KILL THE DUDE! and he isn't fazed AFTER HE KILLED THE DUDE!

Amon shouldn't have been a bloodbender and instead an actual human who stumbled into the spirit world and learned how to lock bending because they kept showing how opressed non-benders were
Personally, I liked how they handled Amon up until the last episode or so. I just wish they had left the public unaware of his bending ability. Obviously he'd still be dead by the end, but I think his martyrdom could have been an interesting side component of season 2.

I was also disappointed that the scars weren't real. I was kinda hoping the story would just leave that question in the air, or maybe even imply that those were self-inflicted wounds. It's not like Avatar fans have anything against characters with permanent facial scars.

Reactions: Broseidon Rex
Personally, I liked how they handled Amon up until the last episode or so. I just wish they had left the public unaware of his bending ability. Obviously he'd still be dead by the end, but I think his martyrdom could have been an interesting side component of season 2.

I was also disappointed that the scars weren't real. I was kinda hoping the story would just leave that question in the air, or maybe even imply that those were self-inflicted wounds. It's not like Avatar fans have anything against characters with permanent facial scars.

I still say him being a bloodbender was a huge cop-out, again, because of the fact they had this great sidestory of non-benders getting oppressed, and all these instances of the non-bender in the new team avatar actually not getting beat by equalists thus proving how awesome non-benders could actually be. Also, Korra should have relearned all her bending from airbending but have a super heavy focus on the spiritual sense. and it also adds to the question, why was korra able to airbend at all when Amon's bloodbending lock was so universal?

and I mean its not like one of the best characters in Airbender is permanently scarred. definitely not that.

I still say him being a bloodbender was a huge cop-out, again, because of the fact they had this great sidestory of non-benders getting oppressed, and all these instances of the non-bender in the new team avatar actually not getting beat by equalists thus proving how awesome non-benders could actually be.
I can't tell you how much I agree with this, Amon was the best villain Avatar ever had and he was ruined.
Amon's greatest feature was the fact that he was a non-bender, it made me feel proud to see that a mere human could go toe to toe with super humans and take away the thing they take for granted. If I was a weaker man in the Avatar universe I may have joined the Equalists.
The writers destroyed what could have been a great overarching moral of that story, that a non-bender can do anything a bender can. It's not what you are that matters, it's who you are.

yeah but why have good underlining morals when you caN have a shittily written teen romance where the dude in said romance is a total lying cheating conniving little bitch who would throw his own brother under the bus for telling the truth when he should have been honest about it in the first place instead of leading the girl you're dating around and getting mad at her for rightfully getting mad at you and

GOD FUCKING DAMMIT! I HATE MAKO SO MUCH! I HOPE HE DIES! I HOPE HE JUST DROPS DEAD! HE IS LITERALLY THE WORST AVATAR CHARACTER EVER! FUCK YOUR 'my parents are dead' BACKSTORY YOU FUCKIN' PIECE OF SHYYYYIT!

Deep breaths, Sano.

Mako needs to get his shit together and stop being a terrible character.

why are you getting so mad about a children's show

you are literally getting physically angry over an animated children's cartoon
for children

for children
Probably because exaggerations are usually funnier.

Our parents deceived us. "Grown-ups" aren't real. We all just become really big children! Children with cars, corner offices, and credit cards!

But the lie must continue. The new children can never know our secret!

Reactions: Yusuke Urameshi

for children

>insert entire smash thread post history here

scuse you smash bros is rated e10 for ages 10 and up
it is for young and blossoming adults

scuse you smash bros is rated e10 for ages 10 and up
it is for young and blossoming adults

Actually it's rated T. And anything under 18 is considered a "kid."

I lost my mind at sparky-sparky-boom chick.

Thanks for posting!

So this is gonna be about Earthbenders and Chief Beifong? I'm pretty excited for it
I heard the first 6 Spanish-dubbed episodes were leaked and the English scripts are already being made by fans

Interesting, very interesting.

I was wondering why this trailer was potato quality without any HD versions. Then I found out today that this is a fan-made trailer made from leaked episode footage. But it was so well edited that I couldn't tell the difference until someone told me. Doesn't matter too much though, it really shows me what I WANT to see without spoiling too much about the plot. Kinda like what the official trailer for TLA season 3 did.

Official Trailer
I have a feeling that Avatar is finally going to climb out of the pit of mediocrity that it dug itself into.

if Mako is still a part of the cast I won't put my hopes up.

Mako died in 2006, man
That's why Iroh got played by a different actor

Mako died in 2006, man
That's why Iroh got played by a different actor
dohoho.

you know what I mean.

Holy Hell, Zahir is so cool.
Also fuck you Korra.
You too Mako.

Why do these criminals have the best character designs?
Also Kai is shaping up to be a great character too.

y'know, I really wish the 2 main characters would stop being the 2 main characters.

Reactions: Denizen
Eh,
can't say I'm too fond of Kai so far.
Seems very much like the I'm a kleptomaniac, but I'm quirky and in charge of the situation and I'm actually good deep down trope.
I honestly don't have any big issues with Korra so far, except the fact that she instantly trusted Kai.

I'm interested to see what exactly's going on with these new villains, sounds like one is voiced by Grey DeLisle, which is always a good thing.

I'm interested to see what exactly's going on with these new villains, sounds like one is voiced by Grey DeLisle, which is always a good thing.
is she armless waterwaifu?
i want her to be armless waterwaifu

y'know, I really wish the 2 main characters would stop being the 2 main characters.
For once I actually agree with you. However I've actually really enjoyed what I've seen so far. As long as Korra and Mako aren't on screen the show is actually good.
Seems very much like the I'm a kleptomaniac, but I'm quirky and in charge of the situation and I'm actually good deep down trope.
Kai definitely has a very simple archetype as a character base, but I definitely see a lot of potential for development of that character. We've only just met him you know.

is she armless waterwaifu?
i want her to be armless waterwaifu

No, she's the old man.
Obviously.

Oh yeah and WOO BA SING SE!
This was my favorite location in the original series, I'm hoping they'll stick around here for more than the one episode.

Reactions: Denizen
The Queen of Ba Sing Se is such a huge bitch that I can't take her seriously.
I don't see her being a very important character later on.

Ok there's a second female character now so I'll clarify,

yes, Grey DeLisle is the armless waterwaifu.

I hate Mako a little less now...

Well I enjoyed the season 3 premiere because......
1. Even though I don't like Mako that much I find it funny that Korra and Asami are purposely making him feel awkward.
2. It was good to see Bei Fong again, but I hope we learn more about her.
3. Those criminals seem pretty awesome and I can't wait to see them have more screen time.
4. Kai can end up being a great character, but I hope he isn't gonna be the cliche "backstagger" in the end.
5. FUCKING ZUKO RETURNS.

I wanna see Ming-Hua drink tea with her water arms

it's very important to me that this happens at some point.

Last edited: