• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Avatar: The Last Airbender/Legend of Korra

TheMightyBox said:
I don't know if I'd be for or against a Teen Titans Go styled remake of Avatar with a larger focus on comedy over story.
I mean, one that was actually good of course.

Such a thing is a pipe dream, and it can never be done.

Ladies and gentlemen, the season 4 trailer is out.

AND IT IS HARDASS SHIT

SHORT HAIR KORRAAAAAAAAAAA PLLLZZZZZZZZZ

We also have some pretty significant advancements in how airbenders travel, probably a joint job from Future Industries and the air benders.

We apparently have a rival/nemesis character in a short haired, important looking earth bending woman.

Apparently Bolin has joined some kind of earth army?

http://www.nick.com/videos/clip/kor...7.html?vcs=social_20140926_32385036&xid=lokfb

Turn the fuck up.

EDIT: So excited for the cool rival character and short hair Korra I totally forgot to mention the 3 YEAR TIMESKIP BITCH.

EDIT EDIT: So hype about the above edit, I forgot to mention we have fullblown mechs now.

Last edited:
This is gonna be insane.
New Avatar?
Lightning bending comes back??
TOPH???

This is gonna be insane.
New Avatar?
Lightning bending comes back??
TOPH???
I couldn't even analyze the trailer because SHORT HAIR KORRA SHHHOOOORRRTTTTT HHAAAAIIIRRR KOOORRRAAAA

I think a time skip is a big step in the right direction, it provides a lot of room for character and setting development and it let's them fix some mistakes. Maybe a three year time skip is their way to finally let the characters mature. Maybe recent events gave Korra a much needed change in attitude. I'm not sure what'll happen but I'm not getting my hopes up after the last three seasons.
It's about time she cut off that gross top knot...

Woooow! Nice! I'm glad things are ending though. Was getting a little ridiculous.

Reactions: Denizen
I hope they find a good way to wrap everything up. Because it needs to end, and it better gets a good last season.

Bolin joining the evil forces could actually be interesting... if it isn’t just him undercover or something. If they give this goofball a real reason to betray/abandon his friends and his brother, that would be really good. Probably wont happen though.

The mechs are a little bit ridiculous and out of place, even with the existing setting. Same with the Airbender-jumpsuits.

I hope they find a good way to wrap everything up. Because it needs to end, and it better gets a good last season.

Bolin joining the evil forces could actually be interesting... if it isn’t just him undercover or something. If they give this goofball a real reason to betray/abandon his friends and his brother, that would be really good. Probably wont happen though.

The mechs are a little bit ridiculous and out of place, even with the existing setting. Same with the Airbender-jumpsuits.
Future industries have been on some real shit for a while now.

Zepplins and tanks were a thing like 80 years before Korra was even born, so earthbenders/metalbenders and engineers finding a way to make a suit of armor move on the power of bending is fairly plausible.

Yeah... Even with me liking the design, they look silly in comparison to the rest of the setting

All of this chitchat about Season 4 hype is tempting me to catch up. It's tempting me super hard right now.

Where are you right now?

1239557_817980658224013_3239542996680925136_n.jpg

Is that pose new for korra, most of the time she's in a stance in the new trailer, she's in some kind of outboxer stance like above.

I don't remember Korra having her hands up like this before a fight? Has she learned some sick shit in the last 3 years?

@Rellek

Super behind, that's where. I had no idea the show extended past a first season, then I learned out of nowhere "SEASON 2" and I'm like, what?? And it was near the end of it, I believe, and I had a lot of school work to do at the time, so I felt like trying to catch up on top of school work would have burned me out. :/

There's a time in every woman's life where they feel the need to don short hair.

A time where a woman just stands up and is like "it's time to put in this work".

I bet by the end of the show Korra will once again have long hair, but as long as she needs to throw those fucking hands at a buster, that cut will stay.

Short hair is "work" mode.

Pray to god someone gives Korra the excuse to go Pixie cut.

Reactions: Clawsome Bombs
It's just a haircut, calm your tits man.
It's not like it held any cultural importance like with Zuko and Iroh.

It's just a haircut, calm your tits man.
It's not like it held any cultural importance like with Zuko and Iroh.
Cultural........I don't know much about pacific islanders........So I dunno.

Symbolic, probably. It was shown and for a decent reason.

Even Kingdom hearts did the "hair growth being a part of character development" thing.

iLoli said:
Cultural........I don't know much about pacific islanders........So I dunno.

I thought the Water Tribe was based off of the Inuit people and their culture?

I thought the Water Tribe was based off of the Inuit people and their culture?
Just checked, you're totally right.

I always thought they were based off Hawaiians/Fijians.

@Rellek

Super behind, that's where. I had no idea the show extended past a first season, then I learned out of nowhere "SEASON 2" and I'm like, what?? And it was near the end of it, I believe, and I had a lot of school work to do at the time, so I felt like trying to catch up on top of school work would have burned me out. :/
Season two can be summed up like this for me:
First few eps: ofmg this sucks
One specific ep about halfway through: FUCK YES! THIS IS AMAZING!
Last few eps: Srsly... fuck this shit.

But really... Season 2 is worth watching for that one episode alone. That was one of the best Avatar episodes EVER. Including A:TLA.

I'm pretty excited about this season mostly because it will be the final season and A:TLA had a satisfying ending so I'm hoping this one will to. I love the Avatar series, but I'm glad this will be the final season because I don't really want Korra's adventure to drag on. Unless they wanted to do a one hour special showing grown up (Original)Team Avatar then I'd be okay with that.

Also Avatar has some funny memes.
10706605_721456284603305_1357180178_n.jpg

Even though Korra's going to be over, I really hope the creative teams are able to stick together for another project in the future. Studio MIR's work in particular has just been phenomenal. I can only imagine the quality of work those talented folks could knock out with a real feature film budget behind them.

One unfortunate part of Korra ending though, is that I can't think of any other western-based traditionally animated action cartoons that'll be taking its place. Sure, we still got stuff like Ultimate Spiderman, and perhaps Steven Universe, but those give off a very different vibe. You used to be able to rely on DC to have something going too, but now even they look a little dried up outside of direct-to-video releases. Unless there are more reboot properties in the works, or a producer randomly decides to throw down some money for a 2D animated series, then it's possible we might be nearing the end of an era.

But hey, I'm still holding out hope that there's a Skullgirls cartoon in our future. Who knows, maybe they'll release it the same year as the BraveStarr and Gargoyles reboots I've been dreaming about.

@KaboomKid

I heard that there was Turkish animesque cartoon. A Turkime, if you will, to go with the Amerime and Canime thing.

Too many girls with short dark hair right now. I get confused if characters have too similar hair styles.

I heard that there was Turkish animesque cartoon. A Turkime, if you will, to go with the Amerime and Canime thing.
Amerime? Wow, that's a real term, isn't it? Eh, I think I'll just stick to calling all of these things cartoons, if you don't mind.

But I'd definitely love to check out a Turkish action show, especially if it's hand-drawn. I know Mexico still has some great traditional animation studios as well, but it doesn't seem like those guys are finding many large projects. These days I've actually noticed a lot of traditional animators are finding work in the video games industry instead, with projects like Banner Saga, Wakfu, Jotun, and other stuff.

Another interesting trend is seeing more traditional animators from the US shipping out to find work in other countries. Guys like LeSean Thomas made it a personal choice to move to Korea for a while, but I wouldn't be surprised if in a few years, animation students in the States would have to consider overseas work as part of their career paths. 2D animation in the industry definitely looks like it's going through some interesting changes right now.

We have a Satsuki now.
Also, what the hell happened in three years??

But I did put it in spoilers ._.

I know baby, it's just I'm on edge I'm getting the episode on right now. okay? everything's alright.

come here- chu~

Just watched the start of the new season

well, that certainly was a thing that happened

I can't wait for next week's episode now.

Uh oh, now we've got Pie Benders? Team Avatar's gonna be in big trouble.

Reactions: Clawsome Bombs
is that Todd Haberkorn
Todd Haberkorn what are you doing in Avatar

a damn good job that's what

Korra just better follow the first rule of Fight Club

Reactions: Broseidon Rex
Okay, if Toph isn’t riding on Korras Back and bending an X-Wing out of the swamp in the next few episodes I'm heavily disappointed.

I actually wouldn't mind if most of this season just had Korra going on this cool warrior's journey thing, and meanwhile the other stuff was wrapped up by Toph beating Kuvira's ass.

Reactions: Broseidon Rex
I feel that the Wall of Avatar could make for a good meme

Good to see that Aang never let go of that trick

I teared up a bit when I saw Toph.
"It's good to see you again, Twinkle-Toes." ;_;